News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

A collegue of mine...

Started by PH, Fri, 2006-01-06, 10:46:58

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

There's a collegue of mine who listens to U2.
I recently gave him a cd full of Metal Gear Solid soundtracks plus Kino and Dream Theater (Octavarium).
But I doubt he'll like it. (He already stated he doesn't like Losers' Day Parade of Kino).

Of course I told him about Arena and gave him the site progarchives.com to stream some songs. But he still didn't like it!

My question is: how are we going to convert him to the Prog scene? 8)

(He liked Kayleigh of Marillion though...)

Any help appreciated, lol.

Appelmoes??

Easy... Start with early Arena (it sounds a bit like marillion) and then more and more Arena. He should be converted in no time ;)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Hmm... I don't know... I said he liked Kayleigh. Not Marillion.
Maybe I'll have to convert him to Marillion first. ::)

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2006-01-06, 15:57:16
Hmm... I don't know... I said he liked Kayleigh. Not Marillion.
Maybe I'll have to convert him to Marillion first. ::)
Start with Marillion and Genesis and alike, later on he will be advanced enough to get him to a higher level ;)
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

PH

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Fri, 2006-01-06, 23:46:55
Start with Marillion and Genesis and alike, later on he will be advanced enough to get him to a higher level ;)

Good idea! ;)

(But I won't say "higher level". Genesis is already the highest level)

--Greetings
Genesisman errr... PH

Smegal

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Fri, 2006-01-06, 23:46:55

I suggest strap him/her to some sort of electic chair and continuosly play every single arena album to him over and over again.  If he even flinch's give him a bit of a blast (about 500 volts should do it)
MY PRECIOUS