News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where is the "New posts since last visit" link?

Started by Deenfan, Thu, 2005-11-17, 15:33:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this function. Or I can't work properly as a human being in this society!!!!

Anyone else thought it was practical??? I can't say I like the "All unread..." facility, or the "New replies..." because they give me the creeps.

Or... Well *cough* I was just about to ask why it's gone and... you know... What should I do. I'm completely in the dark, and everything just piles up, and I'm gonna lie inside the couch until it safe to come out...

PH

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2005-11-17, 15:33:17
I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this function. Or I can't work properly as a human being in this society!!!!

Anyone else thought it was practical??? I can't say I like the "All unread..." facility, or the "New replies..." because they give me the creeps.

Or... Well *cough* I was just about to ask why it's gone and... you know... What should I do. I'm completely in the dark, and everything just piles up, and I'm gonna lie inside the couch until it safe to come out...

LOL!!!!
You really made me laugh, hehehehe good one.

I'm not really sure why it's gone...
But there's this little box in the upper-right corner

it says:

QuoteAdd this link to your favorites or bookmarks. It will
give you a list of all new topics and posts since your last
visit (works only when logged in).

I use that from now on.
I think it's better this way.
Now we have three buttons we can use! THREE!!!

Peter

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2005-11-17, 15:33:17

I removed the link, because I found out that sometimes you might miss posts with the "since last visit" function. As soon as everything is actually read, it will behave just like the "since last visit" function, except you'll never miss a post again :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2005-11-17, 17:17:08
I removed the link, because I found out that sometimes you might miss posts with the "since last visit" function. As soon as everything is actually read, it will behave just like the "since last visit" function, except you'll never miss a post again :)
What about a function like "Mark all topics as read"?
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Thu, 2005-11-17, 19:21:25
You mean, you don't read everything ???

:P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

DON'T!!! I did, and see what happened to me!!! My son is less than three years old and makes more sense than I do!!!!!

??? :-* :D :-X :-* :'( :P ;) :) 8) :-X :-X ;D :o :o 8) 8) >:( >:( :o :o ::) :-[ :-X :-* :-* :'( :'( :'( ;D ;) ;) :)

Peter

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Thu, 2005-11-17, 19:21:25

It's already there.... when you have a list of unread items that is simply too long for you to read, just press the button, and everything's being marked as read...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....