News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pandora.com

Started by Cyborg-Frask, Wed, 2006-03-15, 17:59:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyborg-Frask

www.pandora.com

Now this is a handy website...

This website has all kind of music.
You can add artist or song and stream it all from there.

But probably the most handy feature is, that this site adds artist who you probably also like. Based on your other artists.
(example: i added Marrillion and got the suggestion that i also could like Genesis  :D )

an other good thing about this website is that the next time you visit it, it still has your options and your artist.

stream away  *horns*

PH

I checked this site and it's amazing!!! :o :o :o

How did you find out about this one?!?!?!?!?!

And is it legal? ::)

Cyborg-Frask

hehe as far as i know... it's legal. *horns*

QuoteHow did you find out about this one?!?!?!?!?!
well.. my brother told me about this site..
I didn't took a look until someone gave me the link to the site and gave it a try,

And I was/still am suprised how well it works :o

there is just one thing i can't figure out... the website knows your "account" with all your artists...but how?
the website doesn't create a cookie/does not search for artists in your online history/doesn't create a file in your buffer. ???

but i guess that's not important... it just works :P

gelert

I've been listening to it for quite a while now...picked up on some really good artists.

After my first 10 tunes though, I had to REGISTER...and as I don't live in the USA (which is where you have to live in order to register) I grabbed the first ZIP Code that I could lay my hands on (the back of an instruction manual...I always knew that these would come in useful for something one day - LOL)....

...and I'm still registered...and still listening...

...but not copying, BTW.

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

PH

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2006-03-17, 13:52:11
...and I'm still registered...and still listening...

...but not copying, BTW.

LOL

Yeah, I'm also still listening.

When I typed in "Opera Fanatica" I eventually got to a band called Atlantis. It's nothing like Arena but it sounds very keyboard driven. Very good. And also a band called Lacuna Coil. That's also good stuff.

I think the system of "if-you-like-this,-you'll-definately-like-this-too" doesn't really work, but you can find some new stuff anyway.

johninblack

So it's like this - http://www.gnoosic.com/tripex.php (this has been about for several years) Except this one dosn't stream the music, but it is worth trying out.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2006-03-17, 15:56:40
And also a band called Lacuna Coil. That's also good stuff.
Lacuna Coil are actually very good; it is dark ~almost gothic~ music, with lots of guitars, and some ambient synth stuff.  Also, Cristina Scabbia (female vocalist) is nice. ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Cyborg-Frask

Quotehttp://www.gnoosic.com/tripex.php
that's also a nice site! great way to get information about other bands in a short time :)

QuoteI think the system of "if-you-like-this,-you'll-definately-like-this-too" doesn't really work, but you can find some new stuff anyway.
Yeah you are right...it probably searches on genres, but Artists can make music with very different genres. It would have been more handy when they made a database with thousands of artists and that you can pick one out there..

but then again... that ain't legal  :P

maddox

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Hehe... ;D

Ah now i know why i forgot about Pandora:

It didn't work the first few times i entered the site.

It now does.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Crazy, how we all seem to think in similar directions. I was also just trying to get to that site. But I can't:

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Germany.....

bohooo, now I can't listen to my station any more... "RicochetPeterRadio"
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Pandora
We believe that you are in Germany.....

At least they got that one right.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I'd forgotten about this topic, and the site it refers to.
For some reason I just thought it was a website about a certain guitar accessory from Korg...

Silly me! ::)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt