News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where did you get your nickname from?

Started by Appelmoes??, Sun, 2005-02-13, 23:42:02

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-03-14, 20:35:02
Aaah, Grey Fox, right?  ;)

MAD.

Indeed!!

Aaah another one who knows about MGS!

@Cyborg-Frask:
You know, about the Gregor part, that was so funny I choked and had to swallow 2 square centimeters of my cookie.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-03-14, 20:54:57
Indeed!!

Aaah another one who knows about MGS!

@Cyborg-Frask:
You know, about the Gregor part, that was so funny I choked and had to swallow 2 square centimeters of my cookie.

To be honoust, i'm not kind of a game-freak anymore but i used to be ("vroega") a fanatic myself. Games like Tomb Raider, MGS, one-person-shooters (Doom, Duke Nukem and Medal Of Honor) and , yes indeed, C&C were absolute my favourites. I still have a Playstation 1 and 2 (and a PC of course  ;)) but nowadays i hardly have the time to play anymore.  :-\

MAD.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-03-14, 22:14:05
To be honoust, i'm not kind of a game-freak anymore but i used to be ("vroega") a fanatic myself. Games like Tomb Raider, MGS, one-person-shooters (Doom, Duke Nukem and Medal Of Honor) and , yes indeed, C&C were absolute my favourites. I still have a Playstation 1 and 2 (and a PC of course  ;)) but nowadays i hardly have the time to play anymore.  :-\

MAD.

Same here. ;)

Cyborg-Frask

yeah me too a bit. even though i still play games..., way not as much as i used to do.

i still play games like battlefield 2, Splinter cell 3 and counterstrike 1 and offcourse the C&C games
(the seconde decade really hooked me up) and MGS: The Twin Snakes

Quote@Cyborg-Frask:
whahaha. so my plan worked  :D . It was really weird the first time my brother called me like that. He came into my room and said: "j0w Gergor". i looked back and was like  ??? ??? :o WHAT???

JJ II

I think mine is quite easy.

Since my real Dutch name (Jan-Jaap) is totally unpronouncable in any other language, I started calling myself JJ.

This seems to be the calling-name of a well known (to us at least) bassplayer as well, so I adopted the number II. To avoid questions for autographs and about bass-playing.

I've been using the JJII for quite a while now.

BTW, my avatar has been drawn by mr. Peter Nicholls himself, isn't that cool?

Proglady

Quote from: JJ II on Tue, 2007-07-24, 14:13:24

BTW, my avatar has been drawn by mr. Peter Nicholls himself, isn't that cool?

Yes indeed, very cool!  8)

Nicky007

Well, Nick and Nicky are the most common nicknames for Nicholas. There's Nicky Hopkins (a session pianist who played for i.a. Rolling Stones), Niki Lauda (who smashed himself up in a Formula 1 car, happily surviving), Nicky Wire (who writes lyrics and plays bass in Manic Street Preachers), Tsar Nicholas II of Russia (called Nicky by Kaiser Wilhelm II and King George V, now it's gettin pretty colorful), Nicky Hilton (American hotel-heiress and fashion designer, sister of Paris Hilton; hm, maybe it's time to stop this).

The story behind the "007" is more special. I got to the port of a massive internet forum (forgot which), and I had to find a nickname there. Obviously "Nicky" was occupied, I tried "Nicky1", and "Nicky2", ... "Nicky13", none of'm worked, and being somewhat frustrated and just for the heck of it, I tried "Nicky007", and surprise (or voila, for Bupie), it opened the door. The wierd thing of it all is that I loathe Bond films (although as a youth, I was also sitting there shoutin "kill'm, kill'm ....").

Well, it gave my a chance to scare the s... out of Appelmoes (with my post nr. 100), and I can still laugh about that episode (hope you've forgiven me, Appy).  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

I'm sure it's forgiven, 'cause I can't remember ;D (Or I had been drinking beer :o)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2006-03-03, 20:52:18

I'm afraid we need more members, because we know the story behind most of the members' nicknames by now...

OK, just to do PH a favour  ;)
- "blue" because I like the colour (that was easy, wasn't it?  ;D)
- the "pony" goes back to my school days when I used to wear my hair in a ponytail most of the time (obviously I used to have much longer hair back then...)

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-08-13, 12:10:40
OK, just to do PH a favour  ;)
- "blue" because I like the colour (that was easy, wasn't it?  ;D)
- the "pony" goes back to my school days when I used to wear my hair in a ponytail most of the time (obviously I used to have much longer hair back then...)

Which makes me wonder if that's you on your avatar, BP.  ;)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2007-08-13, 19:59:50
Which makes me wonder if that's you on your avatar, BP.  ;)

Ahem... yes, that's me - very old picture, though! (And absolutely not too small I think.)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

bluepony

Or maybe not, because we might end up "off topic" again...  ;D

maddox

Then i welcome you to the world of Off-topicness.  ;)

bluepony

Great! That's where I live anyway...  ;D

bluepony

Appelmoes??

You didn't want it, so I didn't make it :o

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Maybe, but it seems he's hiding...  ;)

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Maybe you should start a new topic with that title!  ;D