News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

FROST

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-09-30, 08:29:59

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Hmmm I think it's all good actually.
I've just listened to the excerpt of Milliontown on the myspace site. 'till now I've only listened the small samples, but the excerpt is already stunning! Can't wait to hear the full song, it might even be better than BLM!

By the way, I played some Prog yesterday in the supermarket, noone complained. There was one colleague who liked everything he heard, and there was also one who liked nothing of it (he only listens to U2 and nothing else...).

Black Light Machine was the highlight of the evening for me. So many instrumental solos, too bad I only had to work one hour more, I hoped I had to work two hours more!! Hehehehe.

Smegal

from what i've heard about this band they seem to be the pop idol of prog    "prog idol"   is the most common name i believe
MY PRECIOUS

Micha

Frost*s official website is online:

http://www.frost-music.com/

Cheers, Michael

johninblack

Milliontown is now available for pre-order on Amazon (UK) and Amazon (US) And Play

PH

I think I'll buy the CD in France, since I am on vacation there in about two weeks. I have good experiences with the FNAC there. I bought the Shrek soundtrack, Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and Arena's Pepper's Ghost there, so I think when it comes available they'll have Milliontown there as well. *horns*

johninblack

You WILL have a nice holiday then!

JJ II

The new Frost album got a "Vette Krent" (litt: Big Currant) status in the Dutch iO-Pages magazine this month, which means that it's one of the very few 'outstanding category' labelled albums.

Jem and the gang: congratulations. If you want a translation of the review, let me know.

The Queen Mother

maddox

Quote from: The Queen Mother on Mon, 2006-07-17, 20:57:54
Surely THESE guys are the true (old) Frost

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=6948

Well, i think they are. But i don't think that music wise they sound the same.  ;D

Strange outfits though.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Jem

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2006-07-10, 11:16:26
The new Frost album got a "Vette Krent" (litt: Big Currant) status in the Dutch iO-Pages magazine this month, which means that it's one of the very few 'outstanding category' labelled albums.

Jem and the gang: congratulations. If you want a translation of the review, let me know.

yes please JJ II! :) Can you ping it to jem@frost-music.com.  Ta.

Jem

Quote from: The Queen Mother on Mon, 2006-07-17, 20:57:54
Surely THESE guys are the true (old) Frost

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=6948

Ah, but we have the snowflake asterisk! Frost* if you please.  ;)

cabo

Here's some more Frost http://www.frostworld.no/v1/

Anyway, looking forward to listen to the new album

Teunis

Quote from: cabo on Fri, 2006-07-21, 11:00:37
Anyway, looking forward to listen to the new album
Me too  8). Already ordered the album. According to the insideout website the release is 24.07.2006.

http://www.insideout.de/indexx.php?arg=AQ8=
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

I've bought the album in Germany (Cologne to be precise)!
IT'S GREAT!!

HelenDo

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-07-30, 13:48:19
I've bought the album in Germany (Cologne to be precise)!
IT'S GREAT!!

I got the album on Friday & have listened to nothing else since. Agreed PH, its totally fab. Definitely my album of 2006!

Helenxxx

PH

Quote from: HelenDo on Sun, 2006-07-30, 22:28:58
I got the album on Friday & have listened to nothing else since. Agreed PH, its totally fab. Definitely my album of 2006!

Helenxxx

I second that.

johninblack

Yes, it is quite good isn't it!!!

PH

Quote from: johninblack on Thu, 2006-08-03, 20:21:06
Yes, it is quite good isn't it!!!

Actually... yes... it is one of the best in my collection! I'm very proud of it! ;D

My favourite tracks are:
- The Other Me
- Black Light Machine
- Milliontown

Snowman is very unique too, it comes right after my three favourite.
Milliontown is something difficult, 'cause it seems it's not really a whole. The parts don't fade in each other (don't know how to say it properly in English). For example. Moviedrome is very much the same the whole 20 minutes (while still very good ofcourse!) while Milliontown is more like a couple of different songs glued to each other.
But then again the different songs are quite good!

johninblack

I know what you mean, for me the better tracks are

Hyperventilate - One of the best album openers ever
No Me No You - Is this what happens if you mix Prog rock and Punk Rock, so incredably different
Black Light Machine - Magnificent and Bombastic
Milliontown - There is a bit of almost everything in here, 26 miniuts of magic

And the other tracks are very good too!

HelenDo

Listened to it again tonight & it just gets better and better.

Black Light Machine is truly wonderful.

Helenxxx

PH

This is the only thread in the Solo + Side projects subforum with more than one page! *horns*

The longawaited TOYS-page is up!!
Quick! Head for frost-music.com and click on TOYS!
Great stuff there!

I'm listening to one of the new songs right now and it's GREAT!! Really! Maybe even more prog (in some way) than what's on Milliontown!

New songs:
Afraid Of Summer (with a woman on vocals, sounds good! Who is it Jem? ;))
BIGsmall (nice song)
The Man With The 2.4 (If you think that title sounds strange, you should listen to the song, soooo funny "nice man".)
Wedding Day (haven't listened to this one)
Within Without (same here)

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-08-22, 19:18:54
New songs:
Afraid Of Summer (with a woman on vocals, sounds good! Who is it Jem? ;))
BIGsmall (nice song)
The Man With The 2.4 (If you think that title sounds strange, you should listen to the song, soooo funny "nice man".)
Wedding Day (haven't listened to this one)
Within Without (same here)
I have also heard the first three songs and I can imagine that they didn't make it to the album 'Milliontown'. The first song indeed is nice, but I find the tracks on the album way better.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

il76candid

After reading all these reviews i have been forced to visit HMV.co.uk and have ordered Milliontown.
Sounds like a real music feast on there !

kmorse

The spoken intro on the song "Miiliontown" sounds like a clip from a movie. The voice sounds like Robert DeNiro. Does anyone have an idea what film it is from, if it indeed is from a film?
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

PH

Quote from: il76candid on Wed, 2006-08-23, 16:04:32After reading all these reviews i have been forced to visit HMV.co.uk and have ordered Milliontown.
Sounds like a real music feast on there!

Indeed, you have to buy it!! Quick, do it now, before I buy a second disc. ;)
Yes, it really is that good.

Quote from: kmorse on Wed, 2006-08-23, 16:44:07
The spoken intro on the song "Miiliontown" sounds like a clip from a movie. The voice sounds like Robert DeNiro. Does anyone have an idea what film it is from, if it indeed is from a film?

It is indeed from a movie.
The movie is called "The Prophecy"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114194/

Sounds a bit weird if you ask me. I won't watch it.