News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Contagion Max 2-disc

Started by erik, Sun, 2012-11-25, 15:49:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy the 2-disc "max" version of Contagion, if it would actually be released?

Yes, I would pre-order it well in advance!
13 (81.3%)
Yes, I would get a copy as soon as it is released.
1 (6.3%)
I might pick up a copy at some point.
1 (6.3%)
I'm not interested, I already have the album and the EP's.
1 (6.3%)
I don't like Contagion.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

erik

Next year is the 10th anniversary of Arena's classic Contagion album. As most of you will know, the band decided to make it a single disc and put the extra material on two EP's, instead of creating a two disc album. However, plans were made for a a two disc fans only release. The mix for that was actually made, but eventually shelved for various reasons. See also this
preview at the Cage website.

I'm trying to persuade Mick and Clive to release it after all, the 10th anniversary is an excellent moment to do so. They are not sure however if they would sell enough copies to make it work financially. This poll is intended to get an answer to that question, so I would like to see as much responses as possible (and honest ones of course)!

Please note that the possible 2-disc version is not intended to replace the official 1-disc version of 2003 and given budget constraints it will probably be a jewel case with a concise booklet with a few sleeve notes, but it will provide the alternate listening experience of the whole continuous Contagion saga.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Nicky007

Thanx, Erik, I support your fine initiative, and I'v voted pre-order  8)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Although I've made my own Max-version, and it is really good I can tell you, I would definitely pre-order the official Max version.  :D

Thanks for the effort, Eric!!

Maybe it's a good idea to ask this question on Facebook as well.
I'm sure a lot of fans that don't visit this forum would be interested as well. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Yeah, you can count me in 8). My favourite Arena release, I would certainly order it. Really appreciate your effort Erik!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Yes, I would pre-order it well in advance! 8)

erik

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2012-11-25, 20:59:39
Maybe it's a good idea to ask this question on Facebook as well.
I'm sure a lot of fans that don't visit this forum would be interested as well. ;)
Good one! I'm not on Facebook myself, maybe someone could post it there?  ;)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2012-11-26, 20:38:16
Good one! I'm not on Facebook myself, maybe someone could post it there?  ;)

I am, but....no time. ;)

Will post something on FB tomorrow afternoon.
I'll ask my friends!  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

count me in for pre-order.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Manatee

Did I miss where the poll is located, or are we just meant to respond to this thread?  In any case, I would certainly buy it, willing to pre-order if that helps get it released.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Peter

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2012-11-29, 19:55:14
Did I miss where the poll is located, or are we just meant to respond to this thread?  In any case, I would certainly buy it, willing to pre-order if that helps get it released.

poll is at the top of the thread page
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Since I'm around I might as well vote for this great initiative. :)

Go and persuade them, Erik!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Stephen C

I would certainly want a copy ! I have been agitating for a Contagion - The Max ever since it was first released ! (It may even have been me who first asked the question a long long time ago !) I only listen to it in the format with my own clumsy attempts to put it all back together again !
To me it is a classic album and all the better for being able to listen to it in all it's full glory.
I really hope that this happens but there have been too many false dawns on this for me to get too excited just yet.

Stephen C

erik

The poll's been up for a month, where do we stand? The topic's been read 213 times, but only 12 people have voted. The majority of the votes is favourable but these statistics are not likely to persuade the band yet I'm afraid. I also received 6 favourable emails in reply to my message on the Cage page, but we need (much) more. Has someone posted it on Facebook already?
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Draco chimera

I would definitely buy it. I don't know whether I'd pre-order it or buy it when it's released, but I wouldn't miss the opportunity to have it for anything in the world.
Let your conscience decide !

bellanova

I would pre order it definately. My cd player only plays one cd at a time so having all of the tracks would be brilliant

Crazy Diamond

I would be up for this and have voted !

Pascalj

Yes, I would pre-order it well  *ola*

erik

We've also put the word out about this in the latest newsletter and I'm receiving positive replies (also saw some well-known roomies amongst them ;)), but we're not quite there yet. We really do need a sufficient number to make this happen, 1000 to be precise!

So anyone who read this and wants Contagion Max released, please send me an email if you haven't already done so (info at welcome to the cage dot com). Cheers!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..