News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

New Twelfth Night Releases...

Started by ironcow2103, Mon, 2005-07-18, 16:01:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ironcow2103

Anyone who recalls good old '80's progggers Twelfth Night will be pleased to note that the untitled/'Virgin'/XII album has just bee released for the first time on CD with six bonus tracks. Not the best album but it completes the collection and it has some good moments...

Brian Devoil (the drummer) is organising the release of limited run CD-R's featuring (mainly live) material from the three eras of the band. These are quite nicely produced and I've picked up the 2CD 1985 live Corner of the World (Andy Sears era ) and 1CD 1980 live Midsummer's Night Dream (instrumental era) and am a happy bunny (whilst I prefer the Geoff Mann eaar it is good to have an Andy Sears double live album to sit alongside Live and Let Live).

If you are into Twelfth Night the factandfiction yahoo group is the place to go...

Steve

gelert

Cheers Steve...

Yup, Twelfth Night are one of my favourite 80's bands...I remember ski-ing, whilst listening to Fur Helene (Live At The Target), at grimly fiendish volumes, in Davos, circa 1986...oh happy days...

The 12th Night CD re-release got a review in Classic Rock Society's mag (latest issue), and it's on my list of "must gets"...I'll try Malc @ GFT first, even though it's an EMI (allegedly) release...

But failing Malc, have you any further tangible links to sources that can definitely supply this, and maybe the other two CDs that you mentioned...?

Regards,

Gelert.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

ironcow2103

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-07-18, 20:14:31
Cheers Steve...

Yup, Twelfth Night are one of my favourite 80's bands...I remember ski-ing, whilst listening to Fur Helene (Live At The Target), at grimly fiendish volumes, in Davos, circa 1986...oh happy days...

The 12th Night CD re-release got a review in Classic Rock Society's mag (latest issue), and it's on my list of "must gets"...I'll try Malc @ GFT first, even though it's an EMI (allegedly) release...

But failing Malc, have you any further tangible links to sources that can definitely supply this, and maybe the other two CDs that you mentioned...?

Here is a link to the the 'press release' that was posted on the Twelfth Night website (it's far too long to post the whole thing here but is worth reading):

http://www.twelfthnight.info/nightmoves/nm.php?nm=200506

This has the contact to Brian Devoil to  order the XII CD, live CD-R's and forthcoming live DVD (with free CD if you order via Brian).

I must confess that when I first bought XII it didn't get much of a spin (played it once IIRC) as I thought they were trying to sound like Ultravox rather than classic Mann era TN! Listening to it on CD there are some good tracks (and some ones I hate - Jungle for example). It isn't Fact and Fiction, but it isn't bad.

The CD-R's are kinda like bootlegs but have been polished up, maybe not to Live and Let Live standard, but I am enjoying the Andy Sears one more than I thought I would. Certainly worth the asking price.

Steve

Xanxtuary

Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Simtere

Quote from: ironcow2103 on Mon, 2005-07-18, 21:47:19
I must confess that when I first bought XII it didn't get much of a spin (played it once IIRC) as I thought they were trying to sound like Ultravox rather than classic Mann era TN! Listening to it on CD there are some good tracks (and some ones I hate - Jungle for example). It isn't Fact and Fiction, but it isn't bad.

Steve

Any one else have similar experiences?  When I bought the album originally I think my copy got one play before being passed on to someone else - I found it very dull.  Maybe it's time to try again but I am unsure whether to take a chance on this CD or not.

gelert

Quote from: Simtere on Mon, 2005-08-08, 12:53:40
Any one else have similar experiences?  When I bought the album originally I think my copy got one play before being passed on to someone else - I found it very dull.  Maybe it's time to try again but I am unsure whether to take a chance on this CD or not.

Time to call the Prog Police, eh....!

Hogger's got a spike...
You must ride it like a bke...
It's got a basket, a bell, and rings an' things to make you look good.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"