News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

THE THEORY OF MOLECULAR INHERITANCE TOUR 2022

Started by Teunis, Wed, 2022-09-14, 18:43:31

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fury

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2022-10-12, 22:06:08yessss! Fri, Oct 28th, at the REX in Bensheim (Germany)
can't wait to seem them....!

Enjoy tonight, Peter!
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

Peter

Quote from: The Fury on Fri, 2022-10-28, 18:12:52Enjoy tonight, Peter!

... and I did, together with my younger son and a friend of his. It was amazing!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

erik

Reading the tour diaries and immersing myself in the new album, anticipation for the gig had been steadily growing and finally the moment had come to dig up my old ticket for the gig originally scheduled in 2020 and head towards the sold out Boerderij. And boy the gig was definitely worth the two year long wait, Arena were back with a vengeance and at the top of their game. Damian is a real asset for the band and was very convincing indeed with the older songs. The gig flew by with highlight after highlight and a feeling of nostalgia was inevitable as the customary backdrop images of all albums accompanied Solomon, what an incredible journey these 25 years (27) have been for the band and us fans.

As for statistics, all albums were represented in the setlist but most of all The Visitor (6 tracks no less!) followed by Seventh Degree and the new album with 3 each.

Songs..: Solomon
Pride: Cry VII rock version
Visitor: Crack in the Ice, State of Grace, Breathe, Serenity, Enemy Without, Visitor
Immortal: Butterfly Man
Contagion: Salamander
Pepper's Ghost: Bedlam Fayre
Seventh Degree: Rapture, Ghost Walks, Tinderbox
Unquiet Sky: How did it come to this
Double Vision: Paradise of Thieves
Theory: Time Capsule, The Equation, Life goes on
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Peter

Life goes on is my new personal hymn after this!  *horns*

erik

It is a great track isn't it! It fits right in the "concept album anthemic closing track" tradition that Arena does so well, Visitor; Ascension; Tinderbox.. (the latter was also particularly good in the Damian version by the way)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Fury

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2022-10-30, 11:04:57Reading the tour diaries and immersing myself in the new album, anticipation for the gig had been steadily growing and finally the moment had come to dig up my old ticket for the gig originally scheduled in 2020 and head towards the sold out Boerderij. And boy the gig was definitely worth the two year long wait, Arena were back with a vengeance and at the top of their game. Damian is a real asset for the band and was very convincing indeed with the older songs. The gig flew by with highlight after highlight and a feeling of nostalgia was inevitable as the customary backdrop images of all albums accompanied Solomon, what an incredible journey these 25 years (27) have been for the band and us fans.

As for statistics, all albums were represented in the setlist but most of all The Visitor (6 tracks no less!) followed by Seventh Degree and the new album with 3 each.

Songs..: Solomon
Pride: Cry VII rock version
Visitor: Crack in the Ice, State of Grace, Breathe, Serenity, Enemy Without, Visitor
Immortal: Butterfly Man
Contagion: Salamander
Pepper's Ghost: Bedlam Fayre
Seventh Degree: Rapture, Ghost Walks, Tinderbox
Unquiet Sky: How did it come to this
Double Vision: Paradise of Thieves
Theory: Time Capsule, The Equation, Life goes on

Thanks for sharing,Eric. And I realise I did miss a few songs in my list now :-)

Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?