News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Icon

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-03-17, 08:49:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Just read this on www.melodicrock.com. Sounds very interesting, hadn't heard of it before - definitely be buying it  ;D

Frontiers Records is now proud to announce that John Wetton & Geoffrey Downes from ASIA are coming back with a brand new project album Icon set to restore the faith in melodic symphonic rock music!

With the help of longtime John Wetton collaborators Steve Christey (Jadis) on drums and John Mitchell (Arena, Kino) on guitars, along with Annie Haslam (Ranaissance), Ian McDonald (Foreigner, King Crimson), Hugh McDowell (ELO), Mike Stobbie guesting - Icon is going to be one of the events of the season in rock music.
The track listing of the European version of the album to be released on May 16th on Frontiers Records is as follows:
Overtoure / Paradox; Let Me Go; God Walks With Us (click to hear an mp3 sample); I Stand Alone (click to hear an mp3 sample); Meet Me At Midnight; Hey Josephine; Far Away; Please Change Your Mind; Sleep Angel; Spread Your Wings; In The End; I Wish I Could Be In Your Bed (exclusive bonus track for Europe). The Japanese bonus track is: Heat Of The Moment (2005).
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Whoa, sounds very promising.
And again, the beloved John Mitchell, huh. Seems like a very busy guitarman, right! Very kewl.

I allowed myself to download the samples and link them here:
God Walks With Us (36s)
I Stand Alone (39s)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

Personally I prefer to listen John's solo albums ("Battle Lines" and "Arkangel") to compare with any post-Wetton Asia efforts. In my view, mr. Payne isn't singer of equal calibre. Cos, I like some tracks from "Aqua", "Arena" and "Aura"( last song called "Hands Of Time" has a little bit of UK :o) . In a any way, it would be interesting to wait "Icon"-release.