News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Leprous

Started by maddox, Thu, 2013-06-06, 19:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

I present you; Leprous!  *horns*

Progressive metal/tech-metal/avant garde metal from Norway.

The first time I heard about this Norwegian band was after the stunning release Bilateral (2011), their previous album.
Especially the song Painfull Detour blew my socks off.

Here's some info;

Quote from: World of WikiLeprous is a Norwegian progressive metal band formed in 2001 in the metal town of Notodden, Norway, home of other bands such as Emperor, Ihsahn, Peccatum.
The band went through some changes since their beginning, but currently their lineup consistes of Einar Solberg (synth/vocals), Tor Oddmund Suhrke (guitar), Rein Blomquist (bass), Øystein Landsverk (guitar) and Tobias Ørnes Andersen (drums).

Quote from: World of ProgarchivesLEPROUS' music is hard to classify and pin down to one sub-genre. Their music is firmly rooted in prog metal, crafting songs around odd structures, predominantly clean vocals, abrupt time changes, complex rhythms and dexterous musicianship all punctuated by contrasting heavier sections but also punctuated with growling vocals and black metal shrieks. Taking elements from OPETH, DREAM THEATER, WINDS, IHSAHN, CYNIC and even PORCUPINE TREE and SONATA ARCTICA, LEPROUS assembles these influences in an odd yet undeniably appealing manner.

A very diverse band and highly recommended to ALL prog metal fans!

Some clips;

Painfull Detour
Forced Entry
Mediocrity Wins

Enjoy!!!  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

And a new album ("Coal") out since May 20th!
Thanks for the reminder.

Nicky007

Yeah, I know'm, they'r real good. Come from the same town Notodden as Ihsahn .....  *horns*

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Good clips, thanks.  Just about to listen to Coal on Spotify *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Steve Jones

Enjoying.  Might be worth a purchase 8)

There's a little bit of The Mars Volta in there, methinks, plus the vocals remind me a little of Devin Townsend in places *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Peter

Wow. Sounds really cool. Reminds me of something, though. Can't say what it was, now. PT? No, wait. Pure Reason Revolution! Plus a bit more metal. Very good, indeed. Considering a purchase, definitely.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

funkster

First listen but sounding great so far