News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Shadowland & Medicine Man

Started by The Voyager, Wed, 2005-03-09, 06:34:33

Previous topic - Next topic

The Voyager

There's another couple of bands (featuring Clive Nolan): Shadowland and Medicine Man. What do you think about mentioned acts?

Moonloop

I really enjoyed the first 2 Shadowland albums "Roses" & "Looking Glass" when they came out (even got the "Ferryman" EP) but wasn't overly impressed by the 3rd album "Mad as a Hatter". Still got them but haven't played them for years now.

I do remember having at least one Medicine Man album but it went in a clear-out some years back, again, it didn't really press the right buttons for me.

"Strangers on a Train" was/is my favourite Clive side project  ;D

(although I suppose you could argue that Arena was a side project to Shadowland and Pendragon when it first kicked off  ;) )
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

The Voyager

CD"Roses" is my favourite too. Although, Clive is not Damian or Moon(as a singer). If you don't mind, there's a number of rather decent tracks on Medicine Man debut CD. ;)

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Wed, 2005-03-09, 09:50:05
If you don't mind, there's a number of rather decent tracks on Medicine Man debut CD. ;)

I really don't remember (it obviously didn't leave much of an impression..!!) - but I'll take your word for it  ;) . Anyway, it would get really boring if we all liked the same stuff  ;D

The Voyager

The reason why I've bought Medicine Man's cd"The Journey" is obvious: Clive Nolan, Peter Gee and Karl Groom were participants of this project. But who of us wasn't fooled by the names?  >:( If only once in a lifetime.. .     

Spad

I don' agree with Moonloop (forgive me! ;) ).... I think "Looking... " is the worst of the three albums.... I find it a little boring and with very few original ideas...
although "Mindgames" is one of my favourite....

On the contrary, I really love the third ".. hatter", especially such great songs as U.S.I., The Seventh Year, the title-track or even the beautiful Salvation Comes.... Simply great!

About "Ring.."... there's no doubt: it's one step forward the others!! Wonderful, from the first note to the last!!
I think it's a pity we can't year nothing new for years......  :'(

Let's console us with the forthcoming third "Strangers.. " album!! Yeah, finally!!!  8)

Bye.
Spad.
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Moonloop

Quote from: Spad on Sat, 2005-04-09, 15:22:12
I don' agree with Moonloop (forgive me! ;)

Let's console us with the forthcoming third "Strangers.. " album!! Yeah, finally!!!  8)

Bye.
Spad.

You're forgiven  8)

Yep.....roll on Strangers 3  ;D

Wilford Jr.

I like Looking Glass a little more than the others.  I wonder if it is possible that there will ever be another Shadowland CD.  I really like Clive's singing.  :)
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

PH

I was just digging in these topics here and found out about this one...

One question...

WHAT IS MEDICINE MAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Never heard of it....

maddox

I have no idea.  :-\

But i looked it up for you.  :)

here  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

JJ II

I liked the first album, which contained some pop-prog (shorter songs, but with space for solos). The sound was very familiar, with Karl and Clive on keys and guitar. I loved Ian 'Moon' Gould and it's a pity he didn't record a lot since. He's very Mercury-like..