News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Opeth 20th Anniversary

Started by funkster, Thu, 2009-12-03, 17:25:25

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

To celebrate Opeth's 20th Anniversary they will be performing a very exclusive tour - only 6 dates around the world.

Here's the press release:-

"At each show, the band will perform two sets. The first set will feature the band playing its breakthrough epic Blackwater Park in its entirety. The second set will consist of mixed material from the band's extensive catalog. The band will be playing for over two hours at carefully selected venues in order to achieve an element of intimacy and exclusivity, and an overall "You had to be there" vibe!"

The dates for the anniversary celebration shows run as follows:

March 30th Stockholm, SWE – Cirkus
April 01st Essen, GER – Lichtburg
April 03rd Paris, FRA – Bataclan
April 05th London, UK – Royal Albert Hall
April 07th New York, NY – Terminal 5
April 09th Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern"

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Interesting  8)

Thanks, Funkster  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Further info, from Wiki, Opeth (my boldface):

"To celebrate their 20th anniversary, Opeth performed a six-show, worldwide tour called Evolution XX: An Opeth Anthology, from March 30 through April 9, 2010. Blackwater Park was performed in its entirety, along with several songs never before performed. Åkerfeldt stated, "I can't believe it, but, fuck, we're celebrating 20 years. I've been in this band ever since I was 16. It's insane." A special edition of Blackwater Park was released on the March 29, 2010, to coincide with the tour.

It has been officially announced that there will be a DVD release of the Evolution XX concert filmed on the April 5, 2010 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England.

The DVD will be called In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall and is set to be released on the 21st of September, 2010. For the DVD the concert was split into two sets. The first set consists of the entire Blackwater Park album, while the second will have one song from every album excluding Blackwater Park, in chronological order representing the 20 years of 'evolution' in their music."

Royal Albert Hall - man, that's BIG.

But these guys, if any, have really deserved it. They have slowly and honestly built up their fanbase, without at any point doin anythin gratuitously sensational.

All kudos, guys  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

I know, Nicky.

I already ordered the 2DVD/3cd version.
I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Think it's going to be awesome.  8)

Quote from: Nicky
The DVD will be called In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall and is set to be released on the 21st of September, 2010. For the DVD the concert was split into two sets. The first set consists of the entire Blackwater Park album, while the second will have one song from every album excluding Blackwater Park, in chronological order representing the 20 years of 'evolution' in their music."

Royal Albert Hall - man, that's BIG.

But these guys, if any, have really deserved it. They have slowly and honestly built up their fanbase, without at any point doin anythin gratuitously sensational.

All kudos, guys  *horns*

Nicky.

Reminds me of Score.

Don't want accuse the boys of peeking of course. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2010-09-14, 20:47:01
Reminds me of Score.

Don't want accuse the boys of peeking of course. ;)

Marsh Madness  ::)

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can