News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Great QUEEN debate!!!

Started by keyboardistmatt, Fri, 2009-10-16, 23:20:03

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2009-10-21, 14:16:43
Fat Bottomed Girls is from Brian May : music and "words" ...

Have you tried his solo stuff??  'Back to the Light' is particularly good.  There's alot of different styles on this album. 
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2009-10-19, 08:27:58
Queen II - One of the best albums ever. Period. There is no further debate ;D

...you may have noticd that this debate is still happening...

I knew this would be a good idea! ;D

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-10-27, 22:22:57
My dear people, for once...

Could we just stay on topic?  :-\

:D

What has a hazelnut in every bite?   -Topic!! ;D

Bupie

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2009-10-28, 09:30:46
Have you tried his solo stuff??  'Back to the Light' is particularly good.  There's alot of different styles on this album. 

No but I will  :)

OK, I've listened at the complete A Night At The Opera three times in a row yesterday. I didn't recognize or remember any of the songs apart from You're My best Friend and Bohemian Rhapsody so I guess that it means that I never heard this album before ... or have reached an advanced state of Alzheimer  :(

The album is somewhat conform to what I was expecting : diverse and innovative, and I can understand its huge impact by the time of its release. But songs like Lazing ..., Seaside ... or Good Company will never be my cup of tea and the vocal harmonies in The Prophet's Song belong to another millenium  :P

So it leaves me with the more conventional rockers and ballads (even a folky one in '39) and, of course, Bohemian Rhapsody which is just an out-of-this-world song IMHO  *horns* (repeat to the infinite).

Overall, it's very good but it doesn't make me eager to go and listen to other Queen albums right now.

Nicky007

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2009-10-28, 04:48:40
Storsteinnes?

Guess it's gotta gotta be (not much of a success for 007)  :-[

This one has a population of 913 (probably including all dogs and cats and polar bears)  ::)

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storsteinnes

So, what does one do in Storsteineinnes - apart from playing drums, watching tv, milking goats, and  :D

Beer must cost a fortune, so that's excluded  ;D

And cd's obviously only get there 15 years after release  ;)

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-10-27, 21:25:22
I find it very amusing. At least I know where Balsfjord is now (completely at the top of the world  ;D)

At least it's not in North Korea  ;D

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2009-10-28, 09:39:19
What has a hazelnut in every bite?   -Topic!! ;D

;D

And thus I'm on topic too  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2009-10-28, 10:43:37
No but I will  :)

Recommended from here too  *horns*

I guess that it means that I never heard this album before ... or have reached an advanced state of Alzheimer 

... or are French  :D

Overall, it's very good but it doesn't make me eager to go and listen to other Queen albums right now

All in all, it represents very well how I picture Queen - so I guess you probably won't need another Queen album, Bups  :)

Spend some money on Steve Vai instead  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

johninblack has done well, 007... but you did a lot of the hard work!

Storsteinnes is correct. But 913... must be just within the signs. There are 2500 people within five minutes of my garage. I know, there used to be an ambulance there, and the national institute for consumer research told me this.

So. Queen..

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-10-29, 12:05:08
Queen yourself  :P

Nicky.

Now now gentlemen, do calm down.

Try not to use the Band's name in vain... ;D

Bupie

Ok, one last desperate try (and trick) to get Mad and other Dutch Roomies into Queen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEXkik6Iuk
;D

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-11-03, 00:41:56
Ok, one last desperate try (and trick) to get Mad and other Dutch Roomies into Queen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEXkik6Iuk
;D

Nice video.

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-11-03, 00:41:56
;D

:D

Nice video.  :P ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Cardiacs

My view on Queen is simple and it's the same view I apply to Cardiacs, Neil Young and Frank Zappa. I.e. they are their own category so as long as you don't try to categorise them into a music genre you'll be fine & you can just get on with listening to them and enjoying them.

Certain bands/singers, although not many,  are like that, extremely artistic and brilliant, extremely varied, extremely productive and extremely loved and therefore too genre boundary transgressing,  and too good to be pigeon-holed.

Well that's my tuppence worth.  ;D 

keyboardistmatt

Everybody likes Queen, they just don't know it yet. ;) ;D

Nicky007

Prog has progressed, so I can fully understand that proggies prefer some present-day groups, but that proggies shouldnt like Queen, with all their wonderful melody, harmony, drive, playfulness, Brian's craftmanship, etc, is beyond me - must be lack of exposure  ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2009-11-07, 09:26:03
Prog has progressed, so I can fully understand that proggies prefer some present-day groups, but that proggies shouldnt like Queen, with all their wonderful melody, harmony, drive, playfulness, Brian's craftmanship, etc, is beyond me - must be lack of exposure  ???

Nicky.

Agreed...