News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Great QUEEN debate!!!

Started by keyboardistmatt, Fri, 2009-10-16, 23:20:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Curious to hear what you think of Queen and the unmentionable, Mad  ;D 8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

CC... aaaarrgggghhhh.... I cannot make myself go through all of it. All of any one of the songs. I don't like the vibe. This is more like it:

http://www.bobrivers.com/#v8302  :D "Asshole son..."

;)

Deenfan

Hey, it's Weird Al, and Bohemian Polka!! :D

Deenfan

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

Deenfan

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2009-10-24, 10:00:26
OK then, Deenie:

39  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAnpGXPYAIQ  (you see the guys really enjoyin themselves)

To be honest, I'm a bit hesitant to click on that link... do I want to see that?!!??!?! :-\

Deenfan

Ok, here I go, clicking on all the links, one by one. Simultaneously does have it's merits, especially in matters of efficiency, but...

Teo Torriatte(Let Us Cling Together) Queen live at Japan:..................Nice. Good.
Queen - Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)................................Nice little thing.
Queen-'39..........................................................................Happygoluckythingy. Nice, if a bit sick.
Queen "Long Away"...............................................................Very enjoyable. Simple thing.

Man, he does have good teeth, that Freddie. You almost wonder if he did really fit into, well, that was bad wordage... I'm trying to say, of all people to... be... forget it.

Queen- Father To Son............................................................Chaotic.
queen - killer queen................................................................Hey, I know this one! Very good!!
Queen: The Prophet's Song (Slide Show).......................................Good. Strange, and takes a bit of listening to, but it pays off. Very good.
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust...........................................He he. Weird track. Speaking of which, I have to give you a link to Weird Al's...

ANOTHER ONE RIDES THE BUS :D

Deenfan

Queen Made In Heaven.......................................................This is very beautiful. And cheeky.

The one thing that made me go through all this, apart from the fact that Nicky deserves it, is this quote from the first Shadow Gallery album:

Long live Freddy Mercury

Nicky007

Hm ... hm... looks like the hjemmebryg (+ some other things) is pretty potent up there - in Svartnes (my new guess) ?

Well, Deenie, iac you got to listen to some of the best Queen songs.

Hope at least you can get some intimation of why we are millions who dig'm.

Yeah, I also noticed Freddie's teeth - a twist on the dentata theme  ;D

I'l play yer links when I'v had my temporary fill of Phideaux (on MySpace)  *horns*

So, Mad, did you have some good experiences with the Queen songs ?  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Svartnes... :D Right fjord, actually... ;D

Nicky007

OK, Deenie, no sense in guessin further. Ya gotta tell me now. There are several settlements along that d* fjord.

And do you have some photos you can share with us ?  The landscape must be spectacular. (You don't need to send any fotos of yer bedroom antics.)

And where do yer mates live ?  Where do you guys rehearse - in Tromsø ?

And what in the world are you doin in such a remote place ?  Did yer Dad help sink the Tirpitz ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

He sat ringside, shouting insults and wiggling his big toe disrespectfully in the general direction of the sinking ship!

...or was that my grandfather...?

It'd be just like any of them.

Where I'm at? One last hint, then: As far as communities go in this remote place, I live near the middle of the largest one - walking distance to school, kindergarten, shops, police, community hall, sporting hall, health center (doctors, old people's homes, dentists...the lot)... and the woods, the fjord, the lakes, the rivers and the mountains. You can reach it all, by foot, in one day.

Rehearsals?!?! Are you mad? The keyboard player in Langhus, 1580kms away, and the singer lives in Notodden, 1678kms away. To our shock and delight, the bass player is no longer a residence of neither La Paz, Bolivia, where he lived during the Return to the Mirror sessions, nor Zomewhere, Poland, where he lived during the Shifting Sands sessions! He is actually living near where I am at, although we reckon he'll spiral off to New Zealand (where his sister actually lives, come to think of it) or some similar place any day.

The guitarist is in Tromsø, so you'll feel a bit informed. :D

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Nicky007

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2009-10-26, 02:05:49
:D That's the fjord, yes. ;D

OK, I can see that now  :-[

Andersdal then - gotta be !!!

How did you guys meet ?  My guess: You all grew up together in Andersdal and the Tromsø area  :-\

Fabulous:  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Andersdalen?uselang=no

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

erik

My cents worth, Queen is a major force in rock and pop music, not to be dismissed. Their Greatest Hits II was one of my first cd's and I have played it to death (because I didn't have much to play but also because I really liked it of course). Later on I got Greatest Hits (I) and Innuendo. The latter is marvellous and gets regular play, Greatest Hits II not so often anymore (I'm saturated with that). Also, relevant on this forum: Clive and John M are big Queen fans!

As for Chris Cornell, I did listen to the links you provided Nicky and Euphoria Morning was subsequently added to my shopping list, I will be getting it sometime soon.

Regarding Nicky's observation in his first post in this thread about prog staying under the radar, I think it's on the rise again for some time, with a whole bunch of prog-related/influenced bands reaching the album charts: Radiohead, Muse, Mars Volta, Sigur Rós and now even Porcupine Tree.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Deenfan

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-10-26, 10:15:53
OK, I can see that now  :-[

Andersdal then - gotta be !!!

How did you guys meet ?  My guess: You all grew up together in Andersdal and the Tromsø area  :-\

Fabulous:  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Andersdalen?uselang=no

Nicky.

First of all, apologies to Matt and all other members actually trying to talk about Queen... but then Andersdal?!?! :D

I don't know if there are people there at all, maybe 50 or so. You must look for 50 times that. :-X

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2009-10-26, 17:16:54
As for Chris Cornell, I did listen to the links you provided Nicky and Euphoria Morning was subsequently added to my shopping list, I will be getting it sometime soon.

Euphoria Morning is a good album. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Nicky007

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2009-10-26, 17:16:54
My cents worth, Queen is a major force in rock and pop music, not to be dismissed.

*horns*

Great with serious Roomies  *horns* ;)

Regarding Nicky's observation in his first post in this thread about prog staying under the radar, I think it's on the rise again for some time, with a whole bunch of prog-related/influenced bands reaching the album charts: Radiohead, Muse, Mars Volta, Sigur Rós and now even Porcupine Tree.

Yeah, and Queensrÿche, DT, and (semi)topically, CC  *horns*

Also, relevant on this forum: Clive and John M arre big Queen fans!

Mad is no longer an Arena fan  :P

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2009-10-27, 08:52:28
Euphoria Morning is a good album. :)

*horns*

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2009-10-26, 21:41:37
First of all, apologies to Matt and all other members actually trying to talk about Queen... but then Andersdal?!?! :D

Yeah, but this is a manhunt !!!  All means go  ;D

OK, so it must be Nordkjosbotn.

I just didnt like the name at first  :P

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordkjosbotn

You talked about a school and a clinic (turns out to be natural medicine). The store you mentioned is probably the Rema 1000  http://www.gulesider.no/kart/#lat%3D7714346.73183%26lon%3D916194.49142%26zoom%3D18%26layers%3D00B00%26id%3Da_10000134897%26offset%3D0%26tab%3Daddress

You'r the bloke at the corner talkin to the pair of b*bs, right ?

Yeah, there's a surprisingly big community there at the cusp of the Balsfjord. Guess the climate is (relatively) clement  ???

"Og maj'n kom inn på går'n sin og der fikk han se ..."

So when will Queen be playin in Nordkjosbotn ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Nordkjosbotn?!  :o Are you accusing me of consuming one full hour just to drive 70kms!? ::)

Nice try, but there are only 400 people there.

NEEEXT!!

"Og maj'n kom inn på går'n sin og der fikk han se ..." ...ei fetta så diger at han gjikk i kne?! ??? :D

Man, this is deteriorating. You, other people: Ignore this. Nothing to see here!

Iggy

I find it very amusing. At least I know where Balsfjord is now (completely at the top of the world  ;D)

maddox

My dear people, for once...

Could we just stay on topic?  :-\

:D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

We're close. We're on topic of the world!! ;D

johninblack