News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

New releases

Started by Moonloop, Thu, 2005-02-24, 11:14:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

So, what forthcoming new albums are everyone looking forward to. So far on my list are:

1. Kino : Picture
2. Jadis : More Than Meets The Eye (2CD reissue)
3. Francis Dunnery : The Gully Flats Boys
4. Porcupine Tree : Deadwing
5. Pineapple Thief : 10 Stories Down
6. Thunder : The Magnificent Seventh
7. Bruce Springsteen : Devils and Dust
8. Coldplay : New one
9. Moby : Hotel
10. Tori Amos : The Beekeeper

Erm.... think that's it. For now.  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Mark Jan

Several interesting bands will release a new studioalbum in 2005.

Kino
Pendragon
Mostly Autumn
Porcupine Tree
New Model Army
Kaizers Orchestra
Coldplay

Moonloop

How on earth did I forget Mostly Autumn  :o I've even got it pre-ordered as well  ::)

Is that definite about Pendragon, I'd kind of given up.....

Mark Jan

Shame on you Moonloop!  :P  Mostly Autumn isn't a band to forget!

About Pendragon's new album, the information I've got from their site www.pendragon.mu is still a bit vague. There is still no releasedate. But it's very clear that a new album is forthcoming!  ;D

Quote from: Moonloop on Fri, 2005-02-25, 08:30:18
How on earth did I forget Mostly Autumn  :o I've even got it pre-ordered as well  ::)

Is that definite about Pendragon, I'd kind of given up.....

Moonloop

Thanks Mark - hadn't seen that site before. It does look like there's going to be some movement with a new album and some remasters. Cheers  ;D

HeJePi

These are the album I am waiting for:

- eVeron : North (March / April 2005).
- Magellan : Symphony for a Misanthrope (18/04/05).
- Ivanhoe : Walk in Mindfields (28/2/05).
- Pagan's Mind : Enigmatic Calling (April 2005).
- Shadow Gallery : Room Five (working title) (30/05/2005).
- Redemption : The Fullness of Time (June 2005).

And some I plan to purchase as soon as I find them at an attractive price:

- Enchant : Live At Last DVD.
- IQ : I have decided, in complete agreement with myself, to purchase most (if not all) albums of IQ in 2005. 'Dark Matter' was really an eyes opener. 
- Threshold : Clone (Special Ed. by IO in 2005)
- Shadowland : Dreams of the Ferryman & Through The Looking Glass.
- Camel : 'Rajaz' PCCY-1414, 'Coming of Age' PCCY-1232 & 'Dust and Dreams' (my copy have the OBI strip missing) PCCY-0875.
- Andromeda : 'Final Extension' (Re-Release of "Extension Of The Wish")'. Or eventually the 2xCD version on NTS.

That is all I can think of for the moment  ;D
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

gelert

Go on then, HeJePiJe...

I often wondered, when exploring wierd and wonderful "rare" CD & Vinyl sites...

WTF is an OBI strip...?

Original Buyer's Information...?
Old But Intact...? (there by the grace of your god, go all of us...!)
Obscure Because Imported...?
etc, etc....

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Not exctly sure what the letters stand for, but OBI strips are particular to Japanese (and possibly Korean/Taiwanese) domestic releases and are basically small paper slips which wrap around the spine and first 20mm or so of the front and rear of the CD case. The usually contain info about the album, title, price etc. Jap releases WITH the OBI strip are collectible, ones without aren't. Hope that helps.  ;D

sotonrobin

The ones i'm waiting for

Mostly Autumn
Jadis
Shadow Gallery
Elfonia

and the new Arjen Lucassen Project with Marcela and Alejandro from Elfonia
Because he was human
Because he had goodness
Because he was moral
They called him insane

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-02-28, 11:24:22
Jap releases WITH the OBI strip are collectible, ones without aren't. Hope that helps.  ;D

Ah, thanks a bunch....NOT....!

I've just paid out £20-74p on a Japanese Imported "Rick Wakeman - White Rock", and the first thing that I did was to throw away the plastic wrapper and "silly scrap of paper with undecipherable hieroglyphic graffiti"...

...and NOW you tell me...!

It's almost as if you knew....

Ah-Ha....

I feel a letter coming on....

"Dear M16,
     I feel it my duty to report that I am being illegally bugged. The perpetrator, a one Mr. M. Loopy, A.K.A. Lunar Loopski, has been a "sleeper" since the release of "The Wall", but has recently been "activated", and has placed a spy-camera, cunningly disguised as a can of lager, in my music room. I know this to be true, but the sheer numbers of cans of lager involved, makes it impossible for me to track down the bug without professional help.
     Yous Sincerely, etc., etc."

NOW WE'LL SEE SOME ACTION....YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, COMRADE...

;D 
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Ooops  :o

Well, you DID ask  ::)

Tell you what, next time you decide to visit Wigan, give me a call and I'll buy you a few pints to make up for it - can't say fairer than that eh..!!  ;D

gelert

I'll be up on the next train...

Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer, Free Beer....!

Phew, all of this typing is making me thirsty...I'll "crack" a can, and read this month's installment of "Copy & Paste for Dummies"....

BTW, how will I recognise you...?

Perhaps if you wear a REALLY BIG PINK CARNATION, in a CLOWN OUTFIT's lapel, complete with size 29 stilletto's...?

...then I'll stand a chance.

See you on the platform tomorrow afternoon at 5 O'Clock...?

But don't worry if I'm late...trains, you know...you can always rely on them to be unreliable...!

...hang around on the platform, in the outfit, for a couple of hours....

I'll be there....honest...

;D

Appelmoes??

Wow, this forum's first couple, how sweet ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

Just hope my wife doesn't find out  ;D :o

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Moonloop on Thu, 2005-03-03, 08:45:40
Just hope my wife doesn't find out  ;D :o
You got the pc standing in the kitchen ???
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Well, it's 1930hrs, and I've been sat on Wigan station for 2 1/2 bl**dy hours...my laptop battery is failing fast, and I can't get rid of this wierd "man", dressed as a Pink Carnation, wearing a Clown Badge in his lapel...

...and he keeps 'prog-dancing', with his size 29 wellies, to the station announcements...

Huh

So much for free beer...  :'(

That's it...!

I'm never going on another "blind-date" again.....

The Voyager

Don't forget about: SATELLITE - "Evening Games", METAMORPHOSIS - "Then All Was Silent", NAVIGATOR - "reEvolution 2", TANTALUS - "Lumen Et Caligo II", ROOT - "Illumination", RED SAND - "Gentry", etc... Differ from you, guys, I don't like Mostly Autumn, but I'll be waiting for new MAGENTA's double CD. Hope to listen to beautiful voice of incomparable Rachel Johnes (ex-Karnataka) once again.