News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Earthquake hits Sweden and Denmark

Started by maddox, Tue, 2008-12-16, 22:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Not something you hear or read everyday but...

Linky.

Did you notice it, Nicky?

We had a few earthquakes in the past over here in Holland but beside some material damage (houses and such) nothing bad really happened. No injuries i mean.
I wonder if everyone's okay over there.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-12-16, 22:52:55
I wonder if everyone's okay over there.

Hey, guys, I forgot to tell ya: I'm writing from the other side !

Lots of nice angels around, but not the swarms of eager virgins that the al-Qaeda guys are talkin bout  ;D

No, just kiddin (just to make sure)  :D

It was actually a weird experience:  I stayed home this morning, cause I had some important meetings in the afternoon. At 6:20, I was half-awake, and suddenly my bed was shaking (with me in it; no, guys, no woman this time). When Ms 007 aint around, Pusle does the stand-in (altho she can only cover part of the cushion). I thought, "f*, Pusle, what are you doin ?"  But she was sleeping calmly next to me. Then I thought that there might have been some hullabaloo on the staircase - but then again, my kitchen is in-between. I tried out some other explanations, but nothing seemed to fit. Then I forgot all about it and fell asleep (mmm, another two hours).

Strangely, nobody talked about the quake during the day, and I was ignorant about it till this evening, when I had a friend over, who mentioned it. Of course, I thought immediately: "That´s it !"

At this point, the only known casualty is a turtle that was killed (R.I.P. dear turtle).

The quake was the biggest in Denmark in 23 years (4.7 Richter).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-12-16, 23:27:52

The quake was the biggest in Denmark in 23 years (4.7 Richter).

Nicky.

From what i've read it's the heaviest in almost a century in Sweden.
The last one was in give and take 1907.

PH

Nicky, that's a nice story. It speaks to my imagination (or something). ;D
I'm already seeying you lying in bed with the cat and all. You should make a reality soap or something, could be funny! ;D

A day in the life of Nicky and his pusle. ;D

-Paco

johninblack

We've had two quakes over here this year that I was aware of, both while I was at work. It's quite unnerving when you realize that due to the type of ground our factory is built on it's on a concrete pad 4 meters deep with piles going a further 8 meters. It takes quite a lot to make that bugger shake!

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-12-16, 23:58:30
You should make a reality soap or something, could be funny! ;D

A day in the life of Nicky and his Pusle. ;D

We're actually both pretty shy :-[

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

kmorse

There have been a number of small earthquakes in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, USA, of late.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the geology underlying that part of the world, it's an interesting read.

Some people think that it will "blow" one of these days and that will pretty much be the end of civilization.

Living here in Colorado, which is relatively "next door" to Wyoming, I suppose I'll be among the first to know
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

One of the major time-bombs in USA is the Saint Andreas fault line. People are talking about it for ages and indeed try to predict when the big one is coming.
Hope that the answer to that is never but indeed, when you think about it you Keith and many others are living in a very dangerous area.

Rules can be broken but no one can fool nature's rules.