News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Least favourite Arena track!!

Started by mdread666, Fri, 2005-02-18, 17:41:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

To be honest, Bedlam Fayre doesn't do much for me : I consider it the weakest opener of any Arena album. I can't believe it was chosen to figure on Ten Years On???

Ghost in the Firewall doesn't impress me much either. Maybe that will change ...

bellanova

I dont have a least favourite track at all and like someone else said, i listen to an album in its entirety. I dont think ive ever skipped a track. Even if a song doesnt at first grab me by the throat, i usually end up liking it. The thing with Arena is that everytime i listen to them (most of the time) or watch one of their dvds, i always notice something i never noticed before. I do have favourite songs though they keep changing. All time faves are Moviedrome and Solomon, Skingame and Opera Fanatica but really theres too many to mention!!

Bupie

Quote from: bellanova on Thu, 2006-11-09, 16:32:20
I dont have a least favourite track at all and like someone else said, i listen to an album in its entirety. I dont think ive ever skipped a track. Even if a song doesnt at first grab me by the throat, i usually end up liking it. The thing with Arena is that everytime i listen to them (most of the time) or watch one of their dvds, i always notice something i never noticed before. I do have favourite songs though they keep changing. All time faves are Moviedrome and Solomon, Skingame and Opera Fanatica but really theres too many to mention!!

I don't know for other people here but, as far as I am concerned, there are very few Arena tracks that didn't need many listens to grow on me. Maybe Witch Hunt and Specter at The Feast, and, of course, any live version of CFH VII. Frankly, I was rather desperate after my first complete listen of Pepper's Ghost ...

johninblack

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2006-11-09, 15:58:58
To be honest, Bedlam Fayre doesn't do much for me : I consider it the weakest opener of any Arena album. I can't believe it was chosen to figure on Ten Years On???

Ghost in the Firewall doesn't impress me much either. Maybe that will change ...

I'm the opposite, I think Bedlam Fayre is probably the strongest album opener and I really like Ghost in the Firewall.

Just as well we all have differing opinions we'd have nothing to discuss otherwise. I do find with Arena songs that favourites change quite a lot....like track to track ;)

Bupie

Quote from: johninblack on Thu, 2006-11-09, 17:48:51
I'm the opposite, I think Bedlam Fayre is probably the strongest album opener and I really like Ghost in the Firewall.

Just as well we all have differing opinions we'd have nothing to discuss otherwise. I do find with Arena songs that favourites change quite a lot....like track to track ;)

Looks fine to me and I don't intend to make any proselytism anyway  :)

As for Bedlam Fayre, I think it sounds better live ... as many Arena's songs do ! It's amazing how good are the live performances on Live and Life and Smoke and Mirrors (don't have listened to the other live albums so far).