News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ask Nicky - or just get an answer

Started by Nicky007, Fri, 2008-03-21, 17:39:09

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Yeah right, Mad !  Funny I didnt think of that one. But it's clearly one of the biggest junk areas.

You listen to a politician talkin for ½ hour. Afterwards you ask yourself:  OK, so what did I learn from him ?  Hm ... hm ....

And junk religion too. There's tons of it, man !  Ask Deenie and Warrel bout that.

Once you start thinkin bout it, you realise that the Room is one of the few refuges from junkomania (my fridge with Belgian beers in it is another)  :o ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Getting a bit back to philosophy, I'm sure you guys have pondered a lot on:  What's the essence of intelligence. Again prog and its repercussions has given me an opening. I'd suggest:

Intelligence is the ability to perceive wholenesses.

I'v noticed that when you play some real prog to ordinary people (yeah, I know I'm bein racist, but now I'm fit, see?), they'l catch some part, e.g. "nice voice", "great production", "fast player", or somethin like that. But comon, the great thing about prog is the whole picture, aint it, guys ?  Like we've been talkin about:  the melody, lyrics, singing, rhythm - everything, man.

If you take Asia (one of my fave aversions), you can't call'm prog, cause their lyrics are d.a.. And Nightwish (another), same thing, plus it's a constant grinding with some sorta melody (but I'l agree to the a*s and b*s)  ;D

So, there should be nuff provocation here to get some response from you guys. Awaiting it  :)

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Deenfan

PH

gelert

Maybe...  :-\

Sorry, what was the question again...?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Nicky007

Good examples of monosyllabicity  ;D

Is it "I took the words right out of your mouth" ?  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Nicky007

OK, I just got an idea:  How about if you guys were a bit constructive ?  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Steve Jones

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2008-07-20, 13:04:52
Like this?

Looks like he's come to tune the mellotron!  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

gelert

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Deenfan

PH

Well, what were you saying again, Nicky? ;D ;D ;D

-Paco

Nicky007

That you guys are spammin up my precious thread  >:(

Can't you just w* off the normal way ?  8)

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Careful, or I'll appoint you my right hand... :o

:-\

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-07-21, 14:21:56
Can't you just w* off the normal way ?  8)

Nope.  Gelert used all the tissues.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"