News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Andi Deris

Started by Deenfan, Sat, 2008-03-15, 20:40:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

This is highly needed, and most proper!!!

I truly love this singer. He is unique, something that is rare in itself. I also like the character of his voice, not to mention the versatility. And what a range... He's also a magnificent frontman - charismatic and with a captivating presence. I saw Helloween in Oslo in 2005, and I believe he connected with most every one in the tight-packed venue. I also wonder if he didn't manage to make every female feel she had a little fling with him over the course of the concert.

I must admit I was happy to be a hetero male, 'cause else I would have made a fool of myself... :D

I first fell in love with his singing when I heard the first Pink Cream '69 album, and the following albums only made me a bigger fan. I must admit I wondered how it would work with him as the singer for Helloween, but he solved it wonderfully, and made the whole band better. Not the least because he is among the best song writers on earth.

As all that carries the label "the new singer" in a band where the "holy and untouchable original (or in rare cases, previous) singer" is never forgotten by the old fans, Andi is constantly plagued and harassed by the mob. A mob is not something that is known for its intellectual capacity and its knack for sober discussion. They keep ranting on about reunions and the good old days that would by some sort of magic come back if only the original singer came back.

::)

I wonder if I would be 16 again if Michael Kiske rejoined Helloween?

I already know Deris has got fans on this forum. Let them speak!! ;)

bluepony

Personally, I think Andi Deris is one of the best rock singers ever. Full stop.  ;D

Deenfan

That is indeed a good point! :D

you seen him live with PC'69!?

bluepony

Yep, several times!!  ;D
They really rocked!  *horns* (The "new" singer in PC69 isn't too bad either, I must admit, but I personally prefer Andi!)

Deenfan

That wuzzisname is a good singer. A very good one, in fact. But I do have a soft spot for the unique. Deris has got so much character to his voice, it's hard to find his peer.

bluepony

:D The name's David Readman and he is a good singer indeed - but I "grew up" with Andi Deris being the singer in PC69, so I guess for me David will always be "the new guy"... just like Andi is in Helloween.  ;)

Deenfan

Ah, the "The New Guy" syndrome... I guess you know all about that!? :o :D

bluepony