News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Neo line-up change

Started by JJ II, Mon, 2007-11-19, 10:42:29

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

According to DPRP, Alan Reed is no longer able to do the X-mas gigs with Neo in December. That's all too bad, of course.

BUT (and here's the good news): Paul Wrightson will be completing the line-up. I really do hope this means: more Arena in the setlist !!

With John, Clive and Paul on board, I hope they treat us with a good deal of Visitor-tracks! A collection of Pendragon, IQ, Shadowland-tracks will make things complete! Marvellous!

Nicky007

And where will they play, JJ?

Surely not in Copenhagen, f*in nobody interesting comes to Cop, I could just as well have my computer and Walkman on the moon  :'(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Clive

Sadly... there isn't much demand in Copenhagen.
We can only play places that will cover the cost of us going there... that usually demands an audience being involved.  :)
I've been there a couple of times with Arena, and to be honest, the audiences have been great but small. Scandanavia in general is not likely to be on our tour schedule in the immediate future. It's a shame, but there we are. Actually, an exception to this is Trondheim in Norway... for some reason, we have always had sizable audiences out there.

Nicky007

Yeah, Clive, Claus from Intromental told me about Arena's last concert in Cop. Great concert (he's one of your biggest fans btw), but only a handful of proggies there.

We have to face that Danes are nice people, but very self-sufficient. And prog? Forget it here.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

They probably like the rougher stuff... *horns* ;)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-11-19, 12:47:15
They probably like the rougher stuff... *horns* ;)

The problem here is that people dont have much patience with music and that they dont listen to lyrics, so it's either the Madonna and James Blunt style "oh, baby, do it to me", or the In Flames style Leeches and Your Bedtime Story Is Scaring Everyone.

Sometimes I wish I had stayed in B'ham, but when I was five, my Mum and Dad were much bigger than me  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

JJ II

and..... no one enthusiastic about Paul doing some gigs?  ???

Clive

Well... I'm looking forward to it.... should be a blast.
Don't forget the dates! Lets hope we see a few forum members manage to get to these gigs!

21 Dec 2007   20:00    Weststadthalle    Essen
22 Dec 2007   20:00    Boerderij   Zoetermeer

JJ II

I'll be there... will the be a new setlist, compared to the NEO-DVD?
How long wil the set be?

Clive

A little different, I think...
Maybe a couple of extra Arena tracks.... bit less Pallas (obviously).... something Christmassy too, perhaps.
I think we should be able to coax John Mitchell on for a couple of songs too...

JJ II

Wow that's excellent news!  Any chance you play anything of his wonderful 'outside-Arena' material (think of Kino, It Bites, The Urbane)?

Nicky007

Clive, it would interest me to know if you guys have any contact with Gary Hughes & Co.

I experience that Arena, Pallas and Ten are very close to each other, both musically and lyrics-wise.

Also for Neo, there might be some possibilities here.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-20, 12:20:08I experience that Arena, Pallas and Ten are very close to each other, both musically and lyrics-wise.

Don't forget Threshold in that list!

22 Dec 2007...
Hmmm interesting! ;D

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-11-20, 14:51:24
Don't forget Threshold in that list!

OK, Paco, I just wanted to keep it to three.

Man, I would give a fortune to see Neo live ..... but unfortunately what I do have is pretty much the opposite. Rocky, where are you ?? ? !!!

Bluey, does your insurance company insure travels to prog concerts?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

JJ II

Clive,

Considering the new line-up, would like us to do some suggestions for songs we want to hear from this marvellous prog-juke-box called Neo?

BTW, keep the shadz tracks in (Ring of Roses?)

cabo

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2007-11-19, 11:54:14
Actually, an exception to this is Trondheim in Norway... for some reason, we have always had sizable audiences out there.
I'm one of them :)

Clive

JJ... to be honest with the workload of each musician, we can't really start changing the planned set too much.
having said that, there are still possible changes being made to the evening... maybe more musicians etc... not sure yet. I'm sure it will be entertaining whatever.

Now we just need to see planty of people there. Come on guys... its Christmas - a chance for a little festivity. Lets see a little effort.... or is this forum simply 'arm-chair' based?...;)

PH

LOL

Yes I'd really like to be there!
So I'm going to call some friends to ask if they will come along!

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2007-11-19, 23:58:12
Well... I'm looking forward to it.... should be a blast.
Don't forget the dates! Lets hope we see a few forum members manage to get to these gigs!

21 Dec 2007   20:00    Weststadthalle    Essen
22 Dec 2007   20:00    Boerderij   Zoetermeer
Hmmm.... interesting! Can't make it to Essen I think, but does anybody know a good B&B in Zoetermeer?!

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 10:13:26
Hmmm.... interesting! Can't make it to Essen I think, but does anybody know a good B&B in Zoetermeer?!

Yes, Tom's! - Would even be for free  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Ha, ha, Nicky. You're such a funny guy!

No, seriously - I'll have "holidays" from the 22nd on and it would be a great way to start the Christmas break (i. e. with a short vacation and a great gig).
I've heard some rumous about who might show up as a guest musician for the gigs...  ;D

JJ II

QuoteI've heard some rumous about who might show up as a guest musician for the gigs... 

Hmm.... is it a vocalist or an instrumentalist?

QuoteJJ... to be honest with the workload of each musician, we can't really start changing the planned set too much.

I understand. I don't know how long the setlist is at the moment. I wouldn't mind some solo bits here and there, if that's easier for rehearsal. You could do "So the music stops" (beautiful!) or "Mea Culpa" and John M. could do an acoustic "Beautiful Sun". Sorry, my fantasy gets carried away. 

QuoteCan't make it to Essen I think, but does anybody know a good B&B in Zoetermeer?!

B&B aren't very common in the area, but there are some hotels: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=hotel+zoetermeer&meta=

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Thu, 2007-11-22, 10:40:00
Ha, ha, Nicky. You're such a funny guy!

Paco says so too, so I'm beginnin to believe it  ;D

> I've heard some rumours about who might show up as a guest musician for the gigs...  ;D

Yes: Paco! But that is just a rumor (started by me)  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: JJ II on Thu, 2007-11-22, 11:58:21
Hmm.... is it a vocalist or an instrumentalist?
Hmm.... both, I think (in one person).  ;D

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-22, 12:20:49
> I've heard some rumours about who might show up as a guest musician for the gigs...  ;D

Yes: Paco! But that is just a rumor (started by me)  ;D
Nope, it's not Paco! But I don't know how much of it is confirmed yet - or if I'm supposed to talk about it at all...

bluepony

Quote from: JJ II on Thu, 2007-11-22, 11:58:21
B&B aren't very common in the area, but there are some hotels: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=hotel+zoetermeer&meta=
Nice one! Thanks, JJ, very helpful - I'll have a look at those.