News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sieges Even

Started by maddox, Mon, 2007-09-03, 21:59:11

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Anyone heard of this band before? It's a 75 % German band with 25 % input from the Netherlands (singer Arno Menses is Dutch  ;)).

Their previous album 'The Art Of Navigating By The Stars' is a truly master piece and i consider it as one of the best albums i've heard in 2005. In fact i still play it once in a while and with great pleasure.  :D *horns*

They will be releasing a new album in September, called Paramount which i for one will most definitely buy it.  ;D

Check their MySpace site for samples of the new album and some older songs and their website for more info.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Hey that sounds really good! :)

I had heard about Sieges Even before, but not like this.
Those little bits are very beautiful!
Thanks Maddox!

-Paco

bluepony

The new material sounds GREAT! I guess I have to go and see them in Stuttgart!  *horns*

Peter

...nicht meins...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2007-09-05, 09:55:52
...nicht meins...

Warum nicht - nicht heavy genug?  (Dachte, das wäre MEIN Text!) ;)

Proglady

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-09-04, 09:30:34
The new material sounds GREAT! I guess I have to go and see them in Stuttgart!  *horns*

I'm going to see them in Baarlo!  ;D  *horns*

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2007-09-05, 09:55:52
...nicht meins...

That doesn't surprise me a bit, Peter.  ;)
Each to his own taste.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Quote from: Proglady on Wed, 2007-09-05, 13:54:11
I'm going to see them in Baarlo!  ;D  *horns*

Baarlo... Holland that is? A bit too far for me... Stuttgart will have to do!

Peter

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-09-05, 10:04:42
Warum nicht - nicht heavy genug?  (Dachte, das wäre MEIN Text!) ;)

Don't know. Doesn't klick with me.

bluepony

Ah well. One can't like ALL bands!  :)

Peter

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-09-10, 08:39:45
Ah well. One can't like ALL bands!  :)

Hear hear. Actually, I like only veeery few bands...

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2007-09-10, 11:02:57
Actually, I like only veeery few bands...

That's a shame, since there are so many great bands out there!  ;)

Nicky007

Yes, I second that, Bluey. And I'm even sure that if Cap gave The Art Of Navigating three more full-length spins, he'd end up really enjoying it, or at least the melodic parts of it, just like the rest of us, because how can a cultured person not like great music?  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Nicky,
I'd be careful if I were you calling Peter a non-cultured person - remember, he's the one who can ban you from this forum!  ;D  ;)

Peter

Oh, he was actually trying to "smear honey around my mouth", saying that I am a cultured person :) And he's right, I didn't give that album the 3 spins it might deserve... Actually that's not my way of finding great music. Until today, all of the music I like has always been a kind of "Love at first hear", like 10 minutes are enough, at the most. If it hasn't "klicked" with me then, it prolly never will.

Btw, I never banned anyone from this forum. And only one guy had the feeling he had to get away, by his own decision: Voyager. You might want to read back about his posts a bit, using the search function. Interesting reads there.

We have a lot of lurkers, though, who read up regularly, but never post! *hint hint* :D

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2007-09-10, 11:17:48
Oh, he was actually trying to "smear honey around my mouth", saying that I am a cultured person :) And he's right ...

Yup, goin for the helm ....  ;D

> ... I didn't give that album the 3 spins it might deserve... Actually that's not my way of finding great music. Until today, all of the music I like has always been a kind of "Love at first hear", like 10 minutes are enough, at the most. If it hasn't "klicked" with me then, it prolly never will.

Yeah, Cap, I realised that long ago. Here I think I must use some of my seniority. Some of the best music - not all, but certainly some - is only discovered after many runs, sometimes as many as ten, or even twenty. And sometimes you even need a concert experience to get through.

On top of it, some of the real serious groups often place one of their most complex songs at the beginning of an album. I'm not quite sure why, maybe just to filter off casual listeners. That's e.g. the case with The Art Of Navigating.

Two examples from my private world:

I was plaguing myself with Zero Hour for a long time before going to Headway last Easter. I had read on Amazon that ZH were one of the most exciting prog groups, so there I went .... Then, at Headway they played a concert that sent the roof sailing across the North Sea, and since then I've been a ZH addict.

Korn: Everybody was telling me that this was a group for pubertarians, so they were a bit of a guilty pleasure for me for a while. Then I heard See You On The Other Side, which made me discover their immense spirituality, and on top of it they're animal lovers, so that really did it for me. Guitarist Head's left the group to seek his Christian bearings, but the other guys sure aren't adrift there.

> Btw, I never banned anyone from this forum. And only one guy had the feeling he had to get away, by his own decision: Voyager. You might want to read back about his posts a bit, using the search function. Interesting reads there.

Yeah, I think every roomie agrees that he had to go. He was a real nuisance.

> We have a lot of lurkers, though, who read up regularly, but never post! *hint hint* :D

Well, some people are shyer than others. I guess I belong to the less shy.

But good that you got rid of Valacar's ghosts. They were driving me and Maddox up the wall. Thanks.  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Yep, Nicky's absolutely right, some bands MUST be seen live to love them. (I only bought Arena's albums after having seen them performing "The Visitor", which totally blew me away!)

Who knows, Peter, maybe you'll like Siege's Even after seeing them live?  ;)

PH

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2007-09-10, 11:17:48Btw, I never banned anyone from this forum. And only one guy had the feeling he had to get away, by his own decision: Voyager. You might want to read back about his posts a bit, using the search function. Interesting reads there.

Ahh yes, The Voyager...
It's sad actually. I mean, he had an opinion and told others that his opinion was the only righteous one. I confess that sometimes I agreed with him, and sometimes I didn't. But he always got angry when we didn't take him too seriously anymore, or when we did a joke on him or something.
He did it to himself.
Very tragic.

bluepony

A sad thing...  :(

But on the other hand, if he didn't accept that other people have their own opinion, maybe it wasn't such a big loss after all? I mean, doesn't it suck if you try to discuss something with someone who has a 100% non-negotiable point of view AND who tries to convince you that only what he thinks is right? (Had that a few times with a certain Swiss guy and it DID suck!)

Nicky007

Paco, your defense of Voyager is unmerited. He was consciously provoking everyone, calling Contagion a shit album (on an Arena chat forum!) and dumb stuff like that. Nothing creative came out of a discussion with him, not toward the end in any case. I think Peter gave him a lot of string, and when V just continued f* around, Peter banned him - meritedly.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I'm not defending him. ;)
I'm saying that he's a tragic character.
And Peter didn't ban him, he choose to go.

He was some sort of troll.
He was digging his own hole.

Nicky007

Didn't your Dad tell you to avoid Bad Company, Paco, ....

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Nicky007

Well, you got the geography right IAC, Pac-O (your hip-hop name).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony