News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Greatest prog singers

Started by Nicky007, Wed, 2007-05-30, 11:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2007-05-31, 18:45:06
Mike Baker seems a great prog singer to me. It's one of my favourite singers of Ayreon's 'The Human Equation'. Then I checked out the music of Shadow Gallery and now I'm a SG fan  8) ;).

Also just listened to SG's Room V. Can't say I was all that impressed by either the music or the singing. Haven't yet heard MB on Human Eq.

But if there's one more Roomie who wants MB on the great list, there he'll be.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

I want him in there, he did a great job on Day 11: Loser, for Ayreon!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

I already said he should be in it, so... ;)

As well as D. Gildenlow (sorry, no umlaut on my keyboard.  ;D)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2007-05-31, 20:14:40
I want him in there, he did a great job on Day 11: Loser, for Ayreon!

OK, OK, I have an Imperator, and even more agonising, a Sicko, giving me the gaze, so in goes Mike Baker.

Maddox, you just about got Daniel Gildenlöw wacked out of the list after less than a day, but OK, we're all good Christians, so I forgive you - but next time the umlaut is missing, DG gets exiled eternally.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-05-31, 20:57:28

Maddox, you just about got Daniel Gildenlöw wacked out of the list after less than a day, but OK, we're all good Christians, so I forgive you - but next time the umlaut is missing, DG gets exiled eternally.

Nicky.

Yes, teacher but what i really wanted to say was "sorry, no umlaut on my keyboard".  ;)

bellanova

What about Tracy Hitchings? i just discovered her due to Clive giving me her album," From Ignorance to Ecstacy " on sunday in Sheffield. She is a bit prggy. Her songs are by Clive i think. Shes more rock but give her a listen.

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-05-31, 21:11:13
"sorry, no umlaut on my keyboard".  ;)

You'd be surprised what happens when you hold the Alt key, press "0246" (without the quotes) on the numeric pad, then release the Alt key...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Quote from: bellanova on Thu, 2007-05-31, 21:20:26
What about Tracy Hitchings? i just discovered her due to Clive giving me her album," From Ignorance to Ecstacy " on sunday in Sheffield. She is a bit prggy. Her songs are by Clive i think. Shes more rock but give her a listen.
Noooo, her voice is the only thing I don't like on the Hound and Jabberwocky.

@Maddox: First type a " (it will not appear if you have the right keyboard ;)) and then the vowel you want: äöëïÿü.

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2007-05-31, 21:38:34
You'd be surprised what happens when you hold the Alt key, press "0246" (without the quotes) on the numeric pad, then release the Alt key...

Okay, didn't know that but then again i'm no IT wizard.  ;)

Anyways, thanks Peter.  :D Shall remember that one.  *horns*

Edit: And appel. :D

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2007-05-31, 21:40:06Noooo, her voice is the only thing I don't like on the Hound and Jabberwocky.

Are you stupid? >:(

;)

Seriously, when Nicky brought up the question about which female should be added to the list, it was Tracy who came into my mind!
Tracy Hitchings is amazing!
And what about Mostly Autumn's Heather Findlay?

I also like Aleena Gibson from Kaipa.

Good female singers are scarce. We only find them in the Gothic scene, and I don't really like Prog Gothic... (Stream Of Passion is OK though, and Marcela Bovio too)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-05-31, 21:41:23
Anyways, thanks Peter.  :D Shall remember that one.  *horns*

Remember, Maddox, it's Daniel Gildenlöws fate that's at stake.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2007-05-31, 22:02:16
Are you stupid? >:(   ;)

That's what I foresaw, that this topic would get the tempers boiling.

Seriously, when Nicky brought up the question about which female should be added to the list, it was Tracy who came into my mind!
Tracy Hitchings is amazing!

In fact I too had Tracy in mind all along. I like her singing a lot on Jabberwocky. I looked her up on the net, and she seems very serious about her music.

So on the list she goes.

Thanks, Bellanova and PH.

And what about Mostly Autumn's Heather Findlay? I also like Aleena Gibson from Kaipa.

Yeah, how about them?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

I also like Aleena Gibson from Kaipa.

I agree with you on both points, PH. Though i don't really like, mind you i don't say 'i hate' i just say 'don't really like'  :P, Mostly Autumn, i do like Heather's voice a lot.

And i do like Daniel Gildenöw's voice.  ;D
What did i just say? Like? I love Daniel Gildenöw's voice.  ;D

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-05-31, 22:26:35
I agree with you on both points, PH. Though i don't really like, mind you i don't say 'i hate' i just say 'don't really like'  :P, Mostly Autumn, i do like Heather's voice a lot.

Heather Findlay has a good voice. problem for me is that MA vocals are shared with Bryan Josh and he (IMO) just doesn't cut it as a singer.

CD

maddox

Quote from: Crazy Diamond on Thu, 2007-05-31, 22:31:10
Heather Findlay has a good voice. problem for me is that MA vocals are shared with Bryan Josh and he (IMO) just doesn't cut it as a singer.

CD

That indeed is the reason why i think that Mostly Autumn would be better off having Heather on vocals alone.  :-\

Appelmoes??

Sort of like Nightwish? On their first album one of the dudes is singing and it sounds aweful, on the second album he sticks to his instrument, luckely :)

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Don't know about Nightwish. Only have Once which i not really like actually. Not a Nightwish fan.

Wish Bryan would follow in the dude of Nightwish footsteps, though.  :-\ Better for MA.

Nicky007

Whadaya guys think about David Bowie?

My opinion is that his music is prog, and that he's a very expressive singer. I listened to him a lot some thirty years ago. However, I feel that he hasn't stayed at the edge during the past twenty years (in contrast to e.g. Robert Plant, who has).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-05-31, 22:26:35I agree with you on both points, PH. Though i don't really like, mind you i don't say 'i hate' i just say 'don't really like'  :P, Mostly Autumn, i do like Heather's voice a lot.

My statement about Heather was because of The Human Equation!
I've heard just a few Mostly Autumn songs and didn't really like it either.

Nicky007

Now, hardly anyone around here will know Stride, because they're American, baaaaaa, but I tell you, their most recent album, Imagine, is tremendous - melodic heavy, with interesting, rather religious, lyrics - and their singer, Gary Belin, is great. So, guys, how about getting your finger out ... and checking up on Stride. If there are no (qualified) objections, I'm gonno put Gary right there on that great list.

Here's a mindblower for you. Crank up the volume to full blast, and bang your neighbors on the head if they come over and complain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t8jmRLMWRm4

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2007-05-31, 23:20:51
Don't know about Nightwish. Only have Once which i not really like actually. Not a Nightwish fan.

Wish Bryan would follow in the dude of Nightwish footsteps, though.  :-\ Better for MA.
You should listen to the albums Oceanborn, Wishmaster and Century Child. You will find they are different from Once.

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-06-01, 16:45:17
You should listen to the albums Oceanborn, Wishmaster and Century Child. You will find they are different from Once.

Appelmoes, are you claiming that there's a Finnish group that one can actually enjoy listening to without first having guzzled a bottle of vodka?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Oh yes, all finnish are bad and not worth listening too ::)

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

So, finish with the Finnish?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Are you aware that Heather Findlay and Fish have just become engaged?

And that Heather will soon give birth to an Autumn Fish  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can