News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pendragon

Started by Mark Jan, Tue, 2005-02-08, 17:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Got mine on order from GFT. Paid cash and so £7.00 inc shipping  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Deenfan

Does he still have that strong "teacup" accent?

Teunis

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2005-07-12, 18:10:47
Does he still have that strong "teacup" accent?
Even by remastering that doesn't go away  ;D.

Looking forward to the new album 'Believe', which will be released next month!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Deenfan

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2005-07-12, 18:30:01
Even by remastering that doesn't go away  ;D.

Looking forward to the new album 'Believe', which will be released next month!

:D Well, he's a soulful guitarist, ain't he?? :)

Teunis

Quote from: Deenfan on Fri, 2005-07-15, 03:20:18
:D Well, he's a soulful guitarist, ain't he?? :)
Yes, very touchy! 8)

Deenfan

Yeah, I remember the "Window of life" album. Some of the solos were heart wrenching! :'(

creme anglais

there is now loads of news on the pendragon web site about the release of believe. (due date Aug 29th) some teasers of the new Simon WIlliams artwork, and news from NIck about the project, I am really looking forward to this release, and am definately becoming quite excited about it! ;D

CAx

The Voyager

Glad to inform all of you, that "Believe" is to be released 29.08.05.

Moonloop

So, who's got the remastered "Jewel" then...??

It's still in my "to play" pile. Neat package and all that but some liner notes would have been nice  :)

Constable Hogweed

I'm like an excited kid at christmas over the new Pendragon album....Cant wait.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

creme anglais

;) hey Hoggie.............. it's catching this excitement thing aint it?

have you read up all the news on the Pendragon website?.........I keep re-reading it, and am getting myself to knicker wetting point over the thought of it!!!
(probably more info than you need.........but you get the idea!)

CAx

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: creme anglais on Mon, 2005-07-25, 23:11:53
;) hey Hoggie.............. it's catching this excitement thing aint it?

have you read up all the news on the Pendragon website?.........I keep re-reading it, and am getting myself to knicker wetting point over the thought of it!!!
(probably more info than you need.........but you get the idea!)

CAx

It is getting unbearable now CA. It's so near, yet seems so far.
Think i may just have a kip until it's released.  ;D

Herben

Hey You Pendragon fans would You also vote for the best Shadowlandsong? I only have three votes that does not give the poll give good results
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Xanxtuary

Yep, Hogweed and myself have been reading about Believe and can't wait for it to be released.  We've already enthused loads about it on the Pendragon message boards, so I won't repeat myself here.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Moonloop

Update is that it now won't be issued with the bonus DVD due to 'production problems'. Shame  :(

Teunis

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-08-08, 09:06:32
Update is that it now won't be issued with the bonus DVD due to 'production problems'. Shame  :(
How do you know? Didn't see it mentioned on the Pendragon website. Would definitely be a shame :'(.

Teunis

Never mind. Just read is on: http://www.dprp.net/news/index.php.

This really sucks! :'(

Proglady

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2005-08-08, 19:18:22
Never mind. Just read is on: http://www.dprp.net/news/index.php.

This really sucks! :'(

I did read it on the German online Store 'Just For Kicks Music' http://www.justforkicks.de/news.asp?sid=3258302M217N247N67N20&uid=0&lid=1#31 the link is in german, but there is a english site  ;)

I'm disapointed too  :'(

creme anglais

This is a copy of the news letter that was sent out by the Pendragon mailing list..........

er...Hi everybody,

Nick here from Pendrags

unfortunately we have hit a major setback.....the proposed ltd edition of
Believe with DVD has had to be completely shelved due to some pretty serious
production problems

It's to do with editing in the wrong format, which makes it look ok on
computer screen but when you play it on a TV it judders and makes it really
hard to watch. Then on top of that you can't play it in NTSC countries...and
even if you could the quality we are told would be further downgraded when
transferred  to NTSC format.
By last Friday afternoon the whole thing was looking like one big liability
which is a massive shame because Andy [....a ..former mate of mine]  and I
have put in loads of 2.30am finishes to get it done.

We are now looking into other ways of making it available, for example ,
making it downloadable free from our website. Fact is it just won't be upto
DVD production, but it's dead interesting so we'd like you all to see it.

We're all a bit shell shocked here, and pretty down about it, but the
Believe album is still on course  for Aug 29th release and we're confident
it is a good enough album it its own right!

Andy and I have more or less made up now......ggrrrrrr

lots of love

Nick B

more info on the Pendragon forum...........

CAx

Simtere

Quote from: creme anglais on Mon, 2005-08-08, 20:01:58
.... Then on top of that you can't play it in NTSC countries...Nick B[/i]

CAx

And this is a problem why exactly????   So far I cannot play the majority of home grown bands DVDs as they all favour the NTSC format which does not work on UK TVs (and this includes the last Pendragon which I feel I wasted money on)!!!  OK, so most newer TVs may do the conversion but I only bought mine a few years back and cannot afford an upgrade, so I have to do without - and I don't believe I am the only one in this situation!  You're a UK band - try pandering to the UK audience just ONCE in a while pleeeeease!!

...... and YES ... this IS sour grapes!!!   :)

Herben

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-08-09, 11:18:36
And this is a problem why exactly????   So far I cannot play the majority of home grown bands DVDs as they all favour the NTSC format which does not work on UK TVs (and this includes the last Pendragon which I feel I wasted money on)!!!  OK, so most newer TVs may do the conversion but I only bought mine a few years back and cannot afford an upgrade, so I have to do without - and I don't believe I am the only one in this situation!  You're a UK band - try pandering to the UK audience just ONCE in a while pleeeeease!!

...... and YES ... this IS sour grapes!!!   :)

You can watch it on Your computer I suppose? Or maybe buy a DVD player which can read it and change it into PAL. Yes We have PAL in the Netherlands as well, just a bunch of stupid americans use NTSC. We once got a videotape in NTSC format (years ago) from American friends, but the videorecorder only said I can't read it, read it Yourself. So I know the problem, only the computer doesn't care.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Simtere

Quote from: Herben on Tue, 2005-08-09, 12:14:59
You can watch it on Your computer I suppose? Or maybe buy a DVD player which can read it and change it into PAL.

True, I could.  But the fact is I should not have to!  And I don't really see the family gathering around my laptop PC asa viable alternatibe to seeing a DVD on a 32inch TV screen with surround sound!  Neither my TV or DVD are old enough to warrant replacing this early in their lives.

It's not just Pendragon either, it's getting more and more common to release DVDs with Region 0 but then idiotically have them only play in NTSC format.    Surely it's times bands realised there is life in the rest of the world aside from the Americas, and once in a while it would be nice to see us getting some benefits even if they miss out.  Currently everything seems geared towards pleasing the US audiences, and if they have to miss out then we do to!  While I would not condone it, this attitude is only likely to spread the copying of DVDs as people will not want to continually pay money on goods they cannot watch satisfactorily.

Clive

I think something that has to made clear is that the 'PAL' version of this DVD was not working properly.... there had been a bunch of problems in the editing and formatting at various stages, and time had run out. Every effort was made, but the deadline just beat us, and we would rather make sure the album comes out on time... after all, this is about the music... everything else is, as they say, a 'bonus'.  :)
The plan is to finish the documentary and make it available to everyone... still free of charge. I think the plan is to make it into small downloadable chunks for the web site.
If the PAL version had worked properly, I'm sure we would have produced a 'European Special Version', but that wasn't possible.... Not for want of every effort, believe me!

creme anglais

the Pal/NTSC argument can run and run, but the fact is that 90% of the worlds DVD players will play NTSC, where as about 40% world wide will play PAL........... so if you are going to bring out a DVD you have to kind of go with the most popular format.
YES, it must be really annoying if you are in the 10% that does not play NTSC, but for bands like Pendragon to release a DVD I assume they have to chose the most viable option. Its not "pandering" to the US audience, its good business sense I should think.
It would be great if all the technology world wife was in sync, but that is not the case, those of you how are missing out are not being picked on!

I guess I am lucky that my dvd player reads either format, but I think more and more will read both types, and whilst you might not be ready to upgrade right now, there will be a whole heap of stuff to watch when you do!!! ;)

Simtere

Quote from: Clive on Tue, 2005-08-09, 16:15:00
I think something that has to made clear is that the 'PAL' version of this DVD was not working properly....

If the PAL version had worked properly, I'm sure we would have produced a 'European Special Version', but that wasn't possible.... Not for want of every effort, believe me!

OK .... that's fair enough.  I guess I had not read the original notice carefully enough before launching my "wobbly" on the fourm.  I stand corrected and appreciate the feedback Clive.

I'd also agree with the poster who stated that this argument could run and run - it could indeed but I for one won't push it any further.  I would like to say in closing however that I do still think it is important that we register our displeasure over such things as sometimes bands are  aware of the problems the fans are having and if we fail to speak up we cannot complain that no one listens.  I think Clive listened and made some valid responses to my original concerns, and that means a lot to me!

Roll on the day when the TV can get replaced :)