News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pendragon

Started by Mark Jan, Tue, 2005-02-08, 17:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Jan

Pendragon is coming with a new album! That's sound very interesting!  ;D Does anyone know when it will be released? I tried the site toffrecords.com today for more information but Internet explorer could'nt find it. Nick has finished writing, I read one or two months ago and they were about to enter the studio.

The only album I know is Not of this world, a very good album!!! And I'm very interested in exploring their older stuff. What would you recommend? I always read that The Masquerade Overture is a very good album. But I think The World also is very interesting piece of music!

Simtere

As for which is the best album, it's really a matter of personal choice. 

That said I would be tempted to go for the more recent albums first, and if you currently are familiar with "Not of This World", my suggestion would be to try either "Masquerade" or "Window of Life" next.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions to the contrary, but just remember there is no wrong or right in this. 

Happy listening :)

Mark Jan

You're right!  ;D No one have the wisdom to say what's the best album, but if many people say you definitely got to listen Masquerade Overture or Window of Life, I know what I have to do!!  ;)

Thanks for your information.  :)

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-02-08, 17:14:52
As for which is the best album, it's really a matter of personal choice. 

That said I would be tempted to go for the more recent albums first, and if you currently are familiar with "Not of This World", my suggestion would be to try either "Masquerade" or "Window of Life" next.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions to the contrary, but just remember there is no wrong or right in this. 

Happy listening :)

Moonloop

Having all the Pendragon back catalogue, I'd have to say that the early stuff sounds really dated now and quite poor in sound quality.

"The World" is a personal favourite but played back to back with the follow up "Window of Life" the difference in sound quality is staggering  :o , they should either give it a remaster or re-record it as it's a great album spoilt by a really flat and uninspiring sound.

From "Window of Life" onwards you can't go wrong really, if you enjoy one you'll enjoy them all  ;D

About time they did a new album too - haven't heard anything about it yet.
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Mark Jan

I just saw that Window of Live is the album with The Walls of Babylon! A great song I heard a couple of times with a great organ-intro. Must be Clive!  ;D Ok, I'll focus on The Window of Live and The Masquarade Overture.

From their old album I know The Black Knight. Very good song, but yes, it sounds a bit dated.

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-02-09, 08:51:03
Having all the Pendragon back catalogue, I'd have to say that the early stuff sounds really dated now and quite poor in sound quality.

"The World" is a personal favourite but played back to back with the follow up "Window of Life" the difference in sound quality is staggering  :o , they should either give it a remaster or re-record it as it's a great album spoilt by a really flat and uninspiring sound.

From "Window of Life" onwards you can't go wrong really, if you enjoy one you'll enjoy them all  ;D

About time they did a new album too - haven't heard anything about it yet.

Oliver Twist

Quote from: Mark Jan on Tue, 2005-02-08, 17:02:31
What would you recommend? I always read that The Masquerade Overture is a very good album.

I still reckon that The Masquerade Overture is one of the finest albums I've ever heard.

And I've heard quite a few in my time  ;)

Ian
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

creme anglais

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-02-09, 08:51:03

Look out- this year is the 20th anniversary of The Jewel...... so keep your eyes peeled for a remastered cd :)

(is it really 20yrs???? YIKES!!!!)

If you are having trouble keeping up to date with Pendragon news the right web address is:-
www.pendragon.mu
There is always plenty of gossip on the forum there also!!!

It's all a matter of taste...... I adore Masquerade Overture.......NOTW has to be my fav tho...... or The World........ oh I dunno, depends on mood!

Wilceyxxxx

Constable Hogweed

A Remastered "The Jewel" YES PLEASE.  :)  Some cracking stuff there. Wilcey, will we be getting any bonus tracks/remixes etc?

The Voyager

In my personal view, "The World"(1991) is the best effort of PENDRAGON. This CD is at the origin of the substantial growth in group's listeners. It's a key album in Pendragon's career, which wonderfully gathers rock and subtile and so attractive melodies appearing to become the undeniable signature of this band's marvellous music. Just try to listen to such brilliant tracks as "The Voyager" and "Queen Of Hearts" and you' ll have to agree with me! Moreover, Nick Barrett himself picks out "The World" . Don't get me wrong anyhow. All of followers are very, very good too. Highly recommended. :-*

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Mon, 2005-03-07, 10:12:13
  In my personal view, "The World"(1991) is the best effort of PENDRAGON. This CD is at the origin of the substantial growth in group's listeners. It's a key album in Pendragon's career, which wonderfully gathers rock and subtile and so attractive melodies appearing to become the undeniable signature of this band's marvellous music. Just try to listen to such brilliant tracks as "The Voyager" and "Queen Of Hearts" and you' ll have to agree with me! Moreover, Nick Barrett himself picks out "The World" . Don't get me wrong anyhow. All of followers are very, very good too. Highly recommended. :-*

I'd agree with all that. The only point I'd make is that sound quality wise it's considerably poorer than the follow-up "Window of Life" and the later albums and could do with remastering.

The Voyager

You're right, Moonloop - the sound quality of "The World" is rather poor. It's a pity... What else? Some more information for Mark Jan and the others, who don't know yet. Recently Pendragon's website has come to http://www.pendragon.mu/( new album should be called "Believe" and Nick hopes that it will be ready around mid 2005). Let's be patient. 

Moonloop

Cheers..!! That site's now stored in my favourites.  ;D

The Voyager

Some time ago I've bought Pendragon's DVD "Live...At Last And More". Such a wonderful stuff! MUST HAVE for every devoted fan of this extraordinary band. Please, make no doubt. So come and get it, the sooner the better... 

Mark Jan

I can wait for some months. For new studioalbums Pendragon always takes a lot of time. But the results are very good. Personally I think that they compensate it with too much other releases, like livealbums, best off's, bootlegs and so on. I don't need them all.

Quote from: The Voyager on Mon, 2005-03-07, 11:17:55
You're right, Moonloop - the sound quality of "The World" is rather poor. It's a pity... What else? Some more information for Mark Jan and the others, who don't know yet. Recently Pendragon's website has come to http://www.pendragon.mu/( new album should be called "Believe" and Nick hopes that it will be ready around mid 2005). Let's be patient. 

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Mon, 2005-03-07, 15:52:29
Some time ago I've bought Pendragon's DVD "Live...At Last And More". Such a wonderful stuff! MUST HAVE for every devoted fan of this extraordinary band. Please, make no doubt. So come and get it, the sooner the better... 

You know, I really can't get into this  :( . It's odd, because although I love the music, the DVD bores me rigid  :o Not sure why, but it doesn't hold my attention like the CDs do.

Ah well, can't win em all  ;D

The Voyager

And I prefer to listen to CD;).  But Pendragon's DVD is deserving to be watching. Make no doubt!

Torch

nice DVD............ too bad it's totally out of sync.........  :-X

The Voyager

Against all odds I like it very much  8)

The Voyager

Â There are some news update on the Pendragon website. CD"Believe" is tentatively slated for release in August 2005. Nick and Clive are working hard on remastering "The Jewel" which will include a couple of re-recorded bonus tracks(Insomnia, Armageddon). In addition, Nick Barrett talks about his involvement with the ProgAID single.

Moonloop

Good stuff....looking forward to both of those  ;D

The Voyager

Mark Jan

Quote from: The Voyager on Mon, 2005-03-21, 13:27:04
 There are some news update on the Pendragon website. CD"Believe" is tentatively slated for release in August 2005. Nick and Clive are working hard on remastering "The Jewel" which will include a couple of re-recorded bonus tracks(Insomnia, Armageddon). In addition, Nick Barrett talks about his involvement with the ProgAID single.

We have to be patient with Pendragon, another 5 months of waiting. But ok, the result will be good, I expect.

The Voyager

"The Jewel" (remastered version) - release date June 27th. Right now you can see its great artcover at Pendragon's website.

Teunis

Quote from: The Voyager on Thu, 2005-05-19, 17:44:49
  "The Jewel" (remastered version) - release date June 27th. Right now you can see its great artcover at Pendragon's website.
Anyone who has this album already? I think I'll order it and then it's time for the new album 'Believe'. Really looking forward to it!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

creme anglais

The JewelREMASTERED 2005

is now available to order!!! (HOORAH!!!)

www.pendragon.mu[/color]]www.pendragon.mu ;D ;D ;D

plastic at the ready!!!!..............soon be time to order "believe" ;D :-* ;D