News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bad luck

Started by PH, Sun, 2007-07-08, 17:03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Yesterday I was shopping in Kleve, Germany. It's known that most of the time Germany is much less expensive when it comes to buying food and clothes and more.
But too bad... The Germans probably have woken up and noted all the Dutch people coming to their town to buy stuff. It's not that much of a bargain anymore...

Bad luck #1...

InsideOut, our lovely Progressive Rock/Metal label is stationed in Kleve, so I thought "Let's have a look, just for fun".
After searching for a while I came in the street where it should have been. Kolpingstrasse 9, 10 and 11.
But when I came there, I found out that it is now known as a RETIREMENT HOME FOR THE ELDERLY...
Next time I won't bring Neal Morse's Testimony with me for the address... An album from 2007 will do.

Bad luck #2...

Of course this is not really that much of bad luck... I can tell you of all of my bad luck in my life, but then we should start a whole new forum for that. :D
Now tell me, did you have some bad luck recently?

Appelmoes??

I had a Trojan Horse on my pc, but I hope I've kicked it's ass off now >:(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

My daughter went to the playground today and when the babysitter came to take her home again it was raining like h**l.  :o

Needless to say that she was soaked to the bone.  :(

She did enjoyed it by the way.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

Well... today, I was trying to get our integrated vacuum cleaner to work. It's a new installation, done while adding to the house and building a new kitchen. But one of the outlets didn't work. It is almost impossible to move it even if you screw out all the screws, 'cause it'll be glued to the pipe that disappears into the wall. But I managed to get it out far enough to see that one of the cords wasn't fastened to one of the connectors. The other one was fastened to one, and I had that one in plain sight. Ah, better rectify that then, right? But I couldn't get the outlet far enough out to see where the cable actually was, so I had to fish blindly for it with a long and pointy plier. Found it, and pulled it out so I could fasten it to the connector. Did so, miraculously, 'cause the connector was just reachable. But it still didn't work.

Wait for it...

The cable I DID see was connected to the wrong one. The one I didn't see had been correctly connected, but only up until I came about pulling for dear life with my plier... And now not even a pianist would be able to put it back where it had been all the time, in it's right place... So, that's me drilling a 10cm hole in the wall - a very nice looking thing in our new house! Just ask the wife... :-\ :-[

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Bad luck? Hm... it seems I might have a 'non-official' copy of Windows on my computers (thanks to my Ex!) and my PC therefore needs a complete new installation.  >:(

maddox

A few days ago i mentioned that we went to Kleve in Germany and were 'fortunate' enough to be spotted by the police which surely will lead to a rather high fine ticket.

Today i received a rather unexpected and unwanted letter in the mailbox. Not that fine ticket from Kleve but another one.  :-\

We have to pay €20,- to the CIJB.  :'(
And probably more when the Kleve-ticket arrives.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.