News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Spocks Beard's Spocks Beard

Started by maddox, Sun, 2006-10-29, 21:05:51

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

You may or may not heard this but the new Spocks Beard album will be released on November 21.

They kept it plain and simple so the title will be: Tata> Spocks Beard.

01. On A Perfect Day (7:47) *
02. Skeletons At The Feast (6:33) *
03. Is This Love (2:51)
04. All That's Left (4:45)
05. With Your Kiss (11:46) *
06. Sometimes They Stay, Sometimes They Go (4:31)
07. The Slow Crash Landing Man (5:47)
08. Wherever You Stand (5:09)
09. Hereafter - 5:01

As Far As The Mind Can See
10. part 1 - Dreaming In The Age Of Answers - 4:49
11. part 2 - Here's A Man - 3:28 *
12. part 3 - They Know We Know - 3:18
13. part 4 - Stream Of Unconsciousness - 5:23

14. Rearranged - 6:07

There are a few excerpts of the songs marked with * over here. 8)

I already heard them and from what i heard i was pretty impressed.

Hope you'll feel the same way.  8)

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

The album title is sadly unoriginal :-\

The music on the excerpts sounds promissing though, I like them better then the whole Feel euphoria album.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2006-10-29, 21:35:40
The album title is sadly unoriginal :-\

The music on the excerpts sounds promissing though, I like them better then the whole Feel euphoria album.

I agree. I usually don't like album titles like own names or 'II' 'III' etc. This is the reason why they decided to simply call it 'Spocks Beard':

Quote from: DPRP NEWSAs you probably know by now, we're calling our 9th studio release simply Spock's Beard. No big heavy reasoning behind that, really, it just seemed like a cool thing to do. (Of course, you are more than welcome to help us invent some heavy philosophical or hidden meaning so we'll have something interesting to say in interviews... )
There are a few cool song titles that could have become the CD title (see below) but we've done that a lot before. Then there is the obvious "SB9" and it's variations, or the clever play on words thing, like "nein" or "asinine" or something like that.
But, in the end, we decided to just not name it at all. We saved all of our energy for the CD itself. It's going to be one big, fat CD filled to the brim with close to 78 minutes of material.

Nice explanation but it indeed remains unoriginal.

But who cares if the album is good?  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.