News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anthony Phillips - Field Day

Started by kmorse, Wed, 2006-03-29, 18:54:13

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorse

Anyone on the list an Anthony Phillips fan? And, if so, has anyone heard his most recent collection, "Field Day"? I ordered it on spec today, based on the strength of some reviews on Amazon.com (which, of course, are usually enthusiastic). I'm familiar with his work and so I suppose I went ahead and ordered it based on his reputation.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

PH

Quote from: kmorse on Wed, 2006-03-29, 18:54:13
Anyone on the list an Anthony Phillips fan? And, if so, has anyone heard his most recent collection, "Field Day"? I ordered it on spec today, based on the strength of some reviews on Amazon.com (which, of course, are usually enthusiastic). I'm familiar with his work and so I suppose I went ahead and ordered it based on his reputation.

I'm a huge Genesis-fan and of course have heard of Anthony Phillips.
I didn't ever get the chanse to listen to his solo albums I'm afraid. However, I heard this song on Progarchives.com and was very impressed (Collins was there too). It sounded very much like Genesis! But besides that one song I never could get my hands on any of his albums.

Steve Hackett's albums are less rare it seems. But no matter how good Hackett is, it's not my kinda style (not very much Genesis alike either). I really liked his first album though! (Again with Phil C if I remember that correctly).

So when was this 'recent' album released?

kmorse

"Field Day" was released last November. It's all acoustic: 6- and 12-string plus some other odd instruments. Phillips has a whole raft of solo albums out in various styles. You probably heard "Which Way the Wind Blows" from his "Geese and the Ghost" album. Collins sang on that one.

PH

Quote from: kmorse on Wed, 2006-03-29, 21:07:06
"Field Day" was released last November. It's all acoustic: 6- and 12-string plus some other odd instruments. Phillips has a whole raft of solo albums out in various styles. You probably heard "Which Way the Wind Blows" from his "Geese and the Ghost" album. Collins sang on that one.

Yes, that's right!
Hmm it sounds interesting. I'll definately will search for this in my local Prog store! ;D Amersfoort is a nice Dutch town to live in when it comes down to this! ;)

kmorse

you can also find it on stevehackett.com

steve is very magnanimous about selling his old mates' work. of course, he probably gets a cut

happy listening!