News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Funniest cover

Started by Appelmoes??, Thu, 2005-12-01, 17:14:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Almost every band has done a cover (or more) but the best (read: Funniest) covers are the ridiculous ones.

My fav's funny covers are:
Ein bisschien friede done by Rammstein. The machinegun and screaming part makes it complete)
Mr. Sandman by Blind Guardian. With a voice like that singer nobody falls a sleep ;D

So, what do you think is a funny cover?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

The Butterfly Man

The Britney Spears song 'Hit Me One More Time' done by the Dutch band Intwine. I saw them performing it and it was hilarious!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Appelmoes??

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2005-12-01, 20:11:56
The Britney Spears song 'Hit Me One More Time' done by the Dutch band Intwine. I saw them performing it and it was hilarious!

Tom
Was that with the dancing? :P

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

All cover's of Weird Al Yankovich are great. When i first saw the video of Like A Surgeon (Madonna), it took days to get over that. Hilarious.

And here in Holland we've got a thing called Ome Henk. He did some amazing stuff too.

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2005-12-01, 22:34:29
All cover's of Weird Al Yankovich are great. When i first saw the video of Like A Surgeon (Madonna), it took days to get over that. Hilarious.

And here in Holland we've got a thing called Ome Henk. He did some amazing stuff too.

MAD.  8)
Those aren't covers, that's parody ;)

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-12-01, 22:36:49

But it was all i could think off at the moment.

Come up with more, later on. (i hope)

;)

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-12-01, 22:36:49

The "Hit me one more time" is also a parody.

I think Weird Al Yankovich is the king among the coverers (whatever).

I like his "Another one rides the bus" (Queen) and "Ebay" (Backstreet Boys) or maybe "Amish Paradise" (Coolio).

Amazing stuff.

(I don't like Ome Henk btw)

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Appelmoes??

Here is video clip from Blind Guardian doing Mr. Sandman.

Don't be shocked :P

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-12-02, 12:29:26
Don't be shocked :P

Thats funny and disturbing at the same time.

Not heard any Blind Guardian, what is the rest of thier music like?

Appelmoes??

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2005-12-05, 11:05:53
Thats funny and disturbing at the same time.

Not heard any Blind Guardian, what is the rest of thier music like?
Melodic metal, with a soft edge :) I can;t really describe it, I find they have a quit unique sound. Most songs are pretty rough and fast, while other sorter and softer songs are sometimes placed between those hard songs. You'd better take a listen in a cd-shop before you buy it, but on the other hand I had to get used to it before I liked it.

PS. If you are a Tolkien fan, you MUST buy Nightfall on Middle-Earth ;)

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2005-12-05, 11:55:40
PS. If you are a Tolkien fan, you MUST buy Nightfall on Middle-Earth ;)

OK, I'll give it a go, thanks.

gelert

Grey Lady Down doing Mull Of Kintyre (track at the end of "Forces")...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Valacar

Try out Richard Cheese - funny American who makes jazzy-swingy-wingy cover-songs of popular classics. Favourites: Material Girl, Chop Suey ... can't really decide ...

Danke.
"Slaying the dragon with my mighty Sword of Justice while drowning in the blood of my enemies and drinking huge amounts of beer!"

bundy

Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven!!!!

marcello

Quote from: bundy on Mon, 2006-01-02, 14:43:24
Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

marcello

rolf harris has a song called "someones pinched me winkles" http://www.rolfharris.com/music/lyrics_someonespinched.htm
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

Herben

I dont know about funny covers, Marillion also has done funny videoclips, like Garden Party, where You see a group of boys (Fish included) disturbing a Garden party they do several funny things there with the people there celebrating. And the videoclip Heart of Lothian also very funny the band goes to a bar to play, then the manager is counting the bandmembers counting several times missing someone and sending them away they forgot Fish. Someones reading a newspaper when a can of white paint covering the newspaper while he was reading, and then people in a car laughing about it do drive into a shop etcetera
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land