News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sandwiches

Started by Xanxtuary, Sun, 2005-07-31, 14:55:26

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite type of sandwich?

chunky home-made doorwedge with filling leaking out
9 (56.3%)
dry brown bread with meagre filling (for dieters)
0 (0%)
herb bread with exotic filling
2 (12.5%)
toasted sandwich
4 (25%)
don't like sandwiches
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Xanxtuary

The sandwich is hailed as the best foodie invention since ... erm ... sliced bread!

So how do you like yours?

Herb bread for me everytime!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-07-31, 14:55:26
The sandwich is hailed as the best foodie invention since ... erm ... sliced bread!

Herb bread for me everytime!

Me too.  :-*

creme anglais

home made door stop girl here.................maybe it shows!!!! ;D

although, having said that, I am seriously cutting down on bread these days........no really.........ok so it dosn't show yet.......but really I am!!!!!! :P

(bit of a toast wekness tho........... ;))

CAx

Moonloop

Have gone for toasted  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

The choice I'd make isn't there, so I chose the home-made.

Like 10 years ago, I visited London with my gf. We had walked a lot and I was veeery hungry. The guy we were with (who was living in London at that time) led us into a snakk shop were all you could buy was..... Sandwiches! I chose one with some sort of sliced bird meat, cheese and a lot of sauce. I came back twice that same day! Can't find that type anywhere here in Germany, sadly. We have Sandwiches at fillings stations along motorways, but they are....well a sad copy, mostly...  :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

creme anglais

my sandwich business is going from strength to strength at the mo........and whilst I love the weirdy fillings and they are popular, the most popular will always be cheese'n'chutney something like that which I have found quite surprising.
I think a good quality sarnie can be irrestistable..............

(I will not eat bread, I will not eat bread, I will not eat bread............... :-\)

CAx

Appelmoes??

Ham and cheese toastie!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

ironcow2103

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-07-31, 14:55:26

Who cares - as long as it's got bacon in it... ;)

Steve

gelert

I always toast any sandwich before I consume it....

...usually with several pints.... LOL
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Herben

A nice sandwich with egg on it and bacon would be delicious.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

the200thmember?

Good quality bread, nice strong cheese and plenty of Marmite!!

(Could also be grilled)

Mmmmm, Marmite. . .

the200thmember?

I object.. marmite yuk yuk yuk. That's Oliver Twist not bothering to log his own account in. Everyone knows that marmite is the foulest stuff ever, and as part of the conspiracy he's made it a favourite food of our 3year old. DISGUSTING!

Herben

Quote from: the200thmember? on Sat, 2005-08-06, 10:31:01
I object.. marmite yuk yuk yuk. That's Oliver Twist not bothering to log his own account in. Everyone knows that marmite is the foulest stuff ever, and as part of the conspiracy he's made it a favourite food of our 3year old. DISGUSTING!
I like Marmite and I'm not Brittish, we had English friends who introduced it to us. Since then I'm addicted to it, but not put so much of it on Your bread.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Xanxtuary

Quote from: creme anglais on Mon, 2005-08-01, 16:55:55
I think a good quality sarnie can be irrestistable..............

(I will not eat bread, I will not eat bread, I will not eat bread............... :-\)

CAx

I'll send Paul McKenna round so you can "Change your Life" LOL!!

Sandwich aversion therapy anyone?
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

keyboardistmatt

I can make a mean sandwich!

........And please... No smartarse comments!   gelert ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

gelert

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2005-08-16, 20:29:34
I can make a mean sandwich!

........And please... No smartarse comments!   gelert ;D
Oh, please...just a little one...?

Assuming that your answer is "yes"...  ::) ...

I'm an Electrical Engineer for a company that produces water-filtration products...

Anyway, our company has recently launched a range of stand-alone "ReHydration Zone" machines, that allegedly help to encourage more people to drink water (filtered, natch), so that the, er, alleged "necessary" intake of fluids-per-day is achieved...

...personally I've never had a shortage-of-fluid-intake problem...but that's a separate issue...

Anyway, on this new machine, options are available for the filtered-water to be "lightly flavoured"... 'Strawberry & BlackCurrant", "PineApple & Orange" etc.
As a "Product Consumer Test", one of these machines was installed in our canteen, in order to gauge, er, "Consumer Prefentials" for the above flavours.

Suffice it to say, these er, flavours, er, aren't...!

"Hints Of" would be a better description.

All apparently was proceeding according to "12-Monthly Anticipated Sales Figures", until some idiot over-wrote the descriptions of the flavours, with more exciting titles....

"RoseHip & Mercury"
"Crispy Cheese & Elephant"
"Cuccumber & Salamander"
etc.

At which point, consumption increased massively, and all sales-predictions went straight out of the window...!

Of course, I was working on a technical breakdown of the Production Line, at the time that these cosmetic alterations took place, Officer.

;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

He surely only overwrote the flavor labels in your canteen, not on the production line, right... he'd be damn rich by now
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2005-08-19, 20:47:26
Oh, please...just a little one...?

Assuming that your answer is "yes"...  ::) ...

I'm an Electrical Engineer for a company that produces water-filtration products...

...etc...etc...etc...

OK: that one gets through cos it's more of a story as opposed to a comment...  ::) ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

gelert

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-08-24, 15:36:14
OK: that one gets through cos it's more of a story as opposed to a comment...  ::) ;D

TVM KBM.