News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

One's that got away...

Started by ironcow2103, Mon, 2005-07-25, 12:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

ironcow2103

Listening to Demon's excellent 1983 album The Plague (an album ahead of its time and a band with a stupid name if ever there was, something that gave them the impression of something they were not), I was wondering about other albums that never achieved the recognition (even within our community) that should have done...

The Plague is a superb concept album from the NWOBHM era, but Demon use keyboards extensively and (IMHO) have a distinct Heavy Prog feel more than your standard 80's Heavy Metal/Rock. Having just picked up the CD I find it remarkable how fresh and modern it still sounds. If you find a copy, snap it up you won't be disappointed...

Anyway, what other unheralded classics are there out there?

Moonloop

I certainly remember the album when it was released - never heard it though.

From the same era, Budgie's "Never Turn Your Back on a Friend" was a true classic from a band who should have been massive  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: ironcow2103 on Mon, 2005-07-25, 12:53:34
Listening to Demon's excellent 1983 album The Plague (an album ahead of its time and a band with a stupid name if ever there was, something that gave them the impression of something they were not), I was wondering about other albums that never achieved the recognition (even within our community) that should have done...

The Plague is a superb concept album from the NWOBHM era, but Demon use keyboards extensively and (IMHO) have a distinct Heavy Prog feel more than your standard 80's Heavy Metal/Rock. Having just picked up the CD I find it remarkable how fresh and modern it still sounds. If you find a copy, snap it up you won't be disappointed...

Anyway, what other unheralded classics are there out there?

The plague is indeed an excellent album. Very prog metal before it's time. they could have been huge if they had dropped the "Demon" name. check out the site for sound clips from the album ( and others )

http://www.the-demon.com/demon.cfm

Herben

I know that one would You guys also vote for the best Shadowlandsong? I only have three votes that does not give the poll give good results
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land