News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where to start with Pendragon?

Started by JJ II, Wed, 2005-07-20, 15:24:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Somewhere else on this board Herben asked what he should listen to first:
http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=198.msg3923#msg3923

So what do we think?? My personal favourite is Masquerade Overture and I do think it's a good start for Arena-fans to get into Pendragon...

Teunis

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2005-07-20, 15:24:09

So what do we think?? My personal favourite is Masquerade Overture and I do think it's a good start for Arena-fans to get into Pendragon...

I can second that. It's their first album that I heard. After that I wanted everything. 'The Window of Life' should be a good a good album to start with as well. 'Breaking the Spell'. Love that song!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

gelert

Go back 20 years, and start from the "Fly High, Fall Far" Mini-LP...

...and then follow the band from there.

BTW, get pissed-off along the way, that, for some strange reason, the t-shirts and sweatshirts don't fit anymore...

...damn tumble-dryer.

I mean to say, that as a slim 43-yr old of, ahem, a 36" waist, why can't I fit into these togs, built for my silph-like figure of days-gone-by...

...damn tumble-dryer...  ;)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Herben

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-07-20, 20:25:38
Go back 20 years, and start from the "Fly High, Fall Far" Mini-LP...

...and then follow the band from there.

BTW, get pissed-off along the way, that, for some strange reason, the t-shirts and sweatshirts don't fit anymore...

...damn tumble-dryer.

I mean to say, that as a slim 43-yr old of, ahem, a 36" waist, why can't I fit into these togs, built for my silph-like figure of days-gone-by...

...damn tumble-dryer...  ;)
Can't it be that your belly has grown, instead of putting the blame on the tumble-dryer? But maybe they have those Pendragon sweatshirts in Your size now again, You can't blame the pour tumble-dryer or the sweatshirt that You were having for 20 years, that it won't suit anymore!
Maybe an idea for the future: you take them out of the clean and wet laundry and hang them in Your bedroom or some other room to dry. But then indeed You cannot blame the tumble dryer anymore if that is what You want!
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Herben

Quote from: JJ II on Wed, 2005-07-20, 15:24:09

I want to thank You for your information, and You interest, so You're already been taken by the Pendragon virus. I will see what to do with Your information. I want to thank you for that.

The Voyager

In my personal view, "The World" is their best and key effort. Come taste this one. ;)

gelert

Quote from: Herben on Wed, 2005-07-20, 20:41:27
Can't it be that your belly has grown, instead of putting the blame on the tumble-dryer? But maybe they have those Pendragon sweatshirts in Your size now again, You can't blame the pour tumble-dryer or the sweatshirt that You were having for 20 years, that it won't suit anymore!
Maybe an idea for the future: you take them out of the clean and wet laundry and hang them in Your bedroom or some other room to dry. But then indeed You cannot blame the tumble dryer anymore if that is what You want!

Damn tumble-dryer...  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Herben

Quote from: gelert on Thu, 2005-07-21, 19:58:23
Damn tumble-dryer...  ;D
Why don't You sell the awful thing as You hate it so much!, Buy a Fohn to dry all Your clothes by hand.