News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Opeth latest

Started by Moonloop, Wed, 2005-03-16, 11:47:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

From the site, if anyone's interested.

Opeth will be entering Fashination street studios on March 15 to record their 8th yet untitled opus. The band are currently in rehearsal mode, which is a rare occasion having recorded the last 4 records without rehearsing. The recording will be overseen by the uprising recording mogul Jens Bogren. As of today no names for production duties have surfaced and it looks like the next record will be a band produced effort. Nothing has been decided regarding who's taking care of the mix either so we'll have to keep you wondering.
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Mark Jan

Interesting.  :)

Let's see what this next album will be. I think an album full off contrast like all other Opeth albums  8)

Moonloop

The musicanship is superb, I just hope they shy away from the grunting and 'cookie monster' vocals  ::)

Peter

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-03-16, 13:29:39
The musicanship is superb, I just hope they shy away from the grunting and 'cookie monster' vocals  ::)

hehe, growl growl roaaarr
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

It seems to me, you didn't listen to cd"Damnation" yet. There are no "cookie monster" vocals on Opeth's latest album. Just recollect Steven Wilson singing. ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-03-16, 13:39:00
hehe, growl growl roaaarr

Just curious Peter....have you heard anything by Opeth..??

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Wed, 2005-03-16, 16:01:28
   It seems to me, you didn't listen to cd"Damnation" yet. There are no "cookie monster" vocals on Opeth's latest album. Just recollect Steven Wilson singing. ;D

I bought "Damnnation" the day it came out and I'd probably say it was one of my favourite releases of that year. I didn't mention it specifically because it is the only album of theirs WITHOUT the dodgy vocal style, so in effect it isn't really a 'typical' Opeth album and the band themselves have said it was a one-off.

Hopefully the new album will contain tracks along a similar style but I'd also anticipate more of the 'normal' Opeth vocal delivery  ::) . More's the pity....

The Voyager

Â I dare hope, that swedish guys will not return to growl metal.  ???

Moonloop

Latest:

Opeth and Jens Bogren have now finished the recording and mixing of the latest opus "Ghost Reveries". The album will be mastered today (June 16th) at the Cutting room facilities in Stockholm. Total running time will be around 65 minutes. Full tracklisting is:

Ghost of perdition
The baying of the hounds
Beneath the mire
Atonement
Reverie/Harlequin forest
Hours of wealth
The grand conjuration
Isolation years

A release date has yet to be confirmed, but it's planned for late August/early September worldwide through Roadrunner records.

Hope there's not too much grunting  ::)

Simtere

Quote from: The Voyager on Thu, 2005-03-17, 11:07:48
 I dare hope, that swedish guys will not return to growl metal.  ???

Agreed.  The "throwing up into the microphone" technique of singing is the thing that has always put me off this band in the past.  Love the music, hate the vocals (I'm not prepared to call it singing).  On the plus side this thread has at least given me some ideas regarding what I could perhaps listen to comfortably ..... yet more to add to the want list  ;)

Moonloop

Quote from: Simtere on Sun, 2005-07-03, 23:19:20
Agreed.  The "throwing up into the microphone" technique of singing is the thing that has always put me off this band in the past.  Love the music, hate the vocals (I'm not prepared to call it singing).  On the plus side this thread has at least given me some ideas regarding what I could perhaps listen to comfortably ..... yet more to add to the want list  ;)

Assume you're referring to the DAMNATION album...??? Well recommended, sure you'll love it  ;D