News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Threshold - "Legends Of The Shires"

Started by PH, Mon, 2017-03-27, 21:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

It seems that Threshold have parted ways with Damian Wilson! :o :o :o
Completely unexpected!
Take a look at their official website.

"The band have chosen to start a new chapter without him and he has told them he respects their decision."

I wonder why...
I was really sad when Mac died, but Damian did a great job replacing him. The last two albums were really good too!
Last month Pete Morten also stepped down from the band so the next album could sound very very different from the last couple albums.

So, their new album is called "Legends Of The Shires" and will be released this year. Sounds like a concept album to me (maybe Lord Of The Rings?). Perhaps Damian's voice didn't really fit with the musical style of this album?

Glynn Morgan is the new singer. He was Threshold's singer for the album "Psychedelicatessen".

Teunis

I was really surprised. It sucks, Damian is one of my favourite singers. From his website:

"Damian Wilson's statement regarding the departure from Threshold:

Unfortunately this is not a mutual decision, but I respect it. After I had recorded the album and committed to the tour I was informed that Threshold were going to continue on without me. They have every right to make this choice, although it is difficult to part ways with a group of people you've shared so many experiences with.
I really enjoyed the past decade recording and touring with Threshold and wish them all the best for the future, with the hope we might work again on projects somewhere down the line.
The label Nuclear Blast are amazing, and with the wonderful support of the fan base the whole journey of being the frontman for Threshold has been fantastic."
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Hmmm that sucks indeed. So he recorded vocals for this new album already? Then it makes absolutely no sense at all. Why do they hire a new singer when the vocals are already laid down?
Seems a bit disrespectful.

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

He was supposed to be a temporary replacement for Mac, but the two albums Threshold did with Damian were really good.
I've got The Box stuck in my head for weeks now, brilliant piece of work.
Haven't read the interview yet, but indeed, this is sad news.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.