News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

2 March 2012 Arena + Lime Shark, The Musician, Clyde Street, Leicester

Started by Crazy Diamond, Fri, 2012-01-20, 18:52:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Diamond

Two Arena gigs  (Leamington and Leicester) within 30 miles of my home town within 4 months - what a bonus !

Anyone else going ?

CD

bellanova

Woohoo! Thanks for that information. Im going! Leicester is the town of my birth so I know it quite well. I went to Leamington too but travelling from London is no problem for my favourite band.

Crazy Diamond

The Leamington gig was wonderful, but am really looking forward to this now that I have listened to "The Seventh Degree....". For me,  this is Arena's best album to date, so hope they play as many songs from it as possible.

This will be my 6th time seeing the band and each time they seem to get better, sure this will be no different  :)

bellanova

It will be my 8th time of seeing them. I agree they do get better. I think Leamington was the best I have ever heard them. Love the new album!

GillianW

I'm going to see them in Leicester.  Had tickets for Leamington in November but my husband had to go into hospital that weekend for heart surgery so of course we never made it, along with several other gigs booked in following weeks while he's been recovering. However, he's now well enough so we can both go progging again and Arena is the 1 I'm most looking forward to.  Just got the new album and on 2 listens,  I really like it and feel I'll love it even more with each listen.  Paul Manzi's voice sounds great. Just can't wait to see them perform it live, with whichever old songs they include.

wagner

La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Crazy Diamond

Another superb gig from Arena last night at a really good venue. From memory, the set list was very similar to the one played a Leamington in November  and it was great to hear a good selection of songs from "7th Degree" now that I have become more familiar with it.

Band was on top form, particularly enjoyed Raputre from the new album, but it was all great (as usual !).

Dissapointing that the crowd was fairly small - great for those of us that were there since we got a gig with a nice intimate feel but this band really deserve a bigger audience.

Thanks Arena !

bellanova

I second that. It was a really good gig and I was at the front as per usual. It was a disappointing crowd though and lacked the atmosphere of Leamington. I just wish I was going tonight cos I reckon it could be a while til we see them in the UK again. It was top class!

GillianW

Totally agree with above 2 posters.  I also was at the front at the Leicester gig and could not understand why the place wasn't fuller.  For me, music doesn't get much better.  I thoroughly enjoyed every second of their performance and thought the set list was great - not that there's a bad Arena song anyway.  Had been getting to know and love the new LP so was great to hear lots of it live - Paul is a brilliant singer - and there were some great older Arena songs performed. 2 hours of prog heaven!

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: bellanova on Sat, 2012-03-03, 15:22:45
It was a disappointing crowd though and lacked the atmosphere of Leamington.

Fair point about the atmosphere but I think the band did a very good job engaging with the audience to make it fun for everyone. They are true professionals, still giving it their all even for a small crowd.

Quote from: GillianW on Sun, 2012-03-04, 17:39:42
Paul is a brilliant singer

Agree with that too, although Rob was a great singer, I think Paul is probably even better.

bellanova

Has anyone else heard about the Arena gig in Leamington Spa on November 16th 2012? I just booked for it so I guess it is happening. Its great news!

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: bellanova on Sun, 2012-03-18, 18:51:32
Has anyone else heard about the Arena gig in Leamington Spa on November 16th 2012? I just booked for it so I guess it is happening. Its great news!

Thanks for this information, I'll be going !

Arena gigs are like buses - you wait a long time for one then 3 all come along at once  :)