News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Live & Life album

Started by joep, Mon, 2005-03-07, 14:08:59

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Teunis wrote:
QuoteJust saw the tracklist of the 'Caught in the Act' DVD on the Arena website, also of the Contagion tour. Are these recordings from the same gig? And is it worth buying that DVD, because I read several stories in this topic that the sound quality is not that good.

Yes, it is the same gig, I believe. Personally, I love the DVD. The sound is not bad. It's quite good, actually, but a bit soft. So just turn it up!
If you're not one of these 5.1-freaks, but just want to listen to/view a great gig: buy it!

Teunis

Quote from: JJ II on Sun, 2005-10-09, 15:40:55
Teunis wrote:
Yes, it is the same gig, I believe. Personally, I love the DVD. The sound is not bad. It's quite good, actually, but a bit soft. So just turn it up!
If you're not one of these 5.1-freaks, but just want to listen to/view a great gig: buy it!
Not a 5.1-freak, DTS will do  ;D. But seriously, I will keep that in mind, thanks!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

willowroolz

Listened/watched Live & Life for the first time last night. Enjoyed the dvd, it's very amusing in places. But the CDs... awesome!!  :o

johninblack

Quote from: willowroolz on Tue, 2006-03-21, 10:08:38
Listened/watched Live & Life for the first time last night. Enjoyed the dvd, it's very amusing in places. But the CDs... awesome!!  :o

Yep, That one goes down as best live album ever in my book.

Ile2006

Hello...topic abandoned for 120 days now, I am being warned at the top of the Post Reply page.
Yet I choose to go on...since I am on the topic.
I bought the Life & Life Package a few days ago. Agree with a few other postings before me that the CDs Rock Ass.
I also enjoyed  the DVD, but the feeling after it was that IT WASN'T ENOUGH!.. or am I being really greedy ? We barely saw and heard Rob and Ian off stage and mostly watched the crew talking. I would have liked more of the members' comments and maybe more live footage.
But I think the band realised that, the NOT ENOUGH thing on the DVD, since I saw in the Caught in The Act DVD...they have a menu, which is not the case for the Live & Life DVD -you only get a play button :-\ ). Besides the menu,  on the Caught In The Act DVD, you get a photo gallery, a biography for all the members and much more I think. So great of them for thinking to improve that. I look forward to buying that, that's for sure.
so that's my take on this topic...
Great job for the Pepper's Ghost too...that's the first album I bought of them. Simply Wonderful  :-* *horns*!
W.C. '' If you're going through hell, keep going''