News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Heralds and Squires

Started by Xanxtuary, Sat, 2005-02-19, 20:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanxtuary

This might not be the most appropriate section for such a question, but it's been puzzling me, so here goes ...

Why Squires and Heralds?  And how many posts before we get Knighted?

Why not Gladiators, Centurions, Senators, Caesars, etc, in keeping with the Arena, Lion's Cage, type theme? 
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Peter

Oh dear,
I spent quite an amount of time finding out the translations for those 'ranks'. I just thought that they sound cool.
20 posts make you a herald, 50 will make you a knight, 200 a Lord and 500 an Imperator :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Hmm, Imperator sounds cool... Looks like I'm gonna be busy...
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-02-19, 21:22:17
Oh dear,
I spent quite an amount of time finding out the translations for those 'ranks'. I just thought that they sound cool.
20 posts make you a herald, 50 will make you a knight, 200 a Lord and 500 an Imperator :)

Peter, it wasn't a criticism, I'm delighted to be a Squire, will be even happier to be a Herald, I just wondered why the choice of those particular ranks.  All websites have their own ideas of ranking the post counts.  In Toolunity I'm a "toolunit", in Genesis I'm a "Forum God", in Pendragon I'm a "very frequent poster" ... I don't really mind!  :)

Anway, I admires the likes of Chris Squire, so I'm not exactly in bad company, am I?

gelert

Ah yes....the working title of the instrumental that I'm working on at the moment...

The Dayzen Knights of Sir Roger D'Rigid (featuring "Mistress Minky of Ffaterkatnstufalot" *)...and some dubious delights from one Vile Lynne, ape ear-ring as hour spare shawl guessed, wither Straddlevarious Orc extra...

...er, or something...  ::)

* being the nick-name of Sasquatch, our cat...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Xanxtuary

Gelert ... what you been putting in your pipe, eh?  ;)

You remind me somewhat of my beloved Hogweed with his "ideas"

cool name for a feline endothermic quadruped by the way ... Sasquatch ... like that

Peter

:-X
what could I say anyway..... (raising my post count)

Deenfan

Hey, come up with many more, man! We need to reach new levels more often! It's immensely childish fun! ;D

Peter

come up with a few suggestions, then.... preferrably medieval-knightish sort of....

Peter

OK, here's the new hierarchy:

Broomstick 0    
Slave 5
Peon 10
Peasant 15
Commoner 20
Constable 25
Herald 30
Squire 35
Knight 40
Liegelord 45
Duke 50
Baron 60
Chancellor 70
Royal Knight 80
Crown Prince 100
King 150
Imperator 250

heh, we have a lot of Broomsticks ;)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Looking better! I had a few cool ideas. I'll look into it a bit closer, and study your list. I'll pm you when I'm done in all my arctic thouroughness... ;)

Constable Hogweed

Gonna lose my Constable status soon. Life sucks.  :'( ;)
Sorry my beloved Xanxtuary i seem to have gone beyond 5 posts now.  ;)

gelert

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2005-02-21, 07:49:24
come up with a few suggestions, then....

Vocalist = 1 post (as congratulations for finding your way to the gig...)
Drummer = 4 posts (er, 'cos that's the number of things that you can hit...sorry, "play" at any one time)
Guitarist = 12 (a double-neck 12-string + bass doesn't count...!)
Bassist = 19 posts (6 strings, plus bass-pedals of 13[?])
Keyboards = 10,000 posts (no explaination needed...!)
Drummer Again = 10,001 posts (because they can count better than all of us, and it's as apology to all drummers everywhere....why are drummers like gynaecologists etc?)
Vocalist Again = 10,002 (as congratulations for finding your way to the SECOND gig - all 10,001 previous posts were "Well, I followed the directions that you gave me....oh god, I can't work under these conditions...I'm an artiste"....)

etc, etc, etc ...  ;D

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Xanxtuary

I'm all confused now!  ???  First I was a merry Squire, well on my way to being a Herald, then I found myself as a Commoner, now I'm a Constable and the one who is supposed to be a Constable has been Knighted! 

Since I'm a Jedi Master, I guess that means I'm a sort of a Knight anyways, since I had to become a Jedi Knight before I could achieve my Mastership!

Still, it's cool in a kind of hard to keep up with way!  Keep up the good work, Sir Peter of Admin, and long may the Kings, Queens, Knights and Senators of Confusion reign in the Kingdom of Arena!

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Wed, 2005-02-23, 22:20:03
I'm all confused now!  ???  First I was a merry Squire, well on my way to being a Herald, then I found myself as a Commoner, now I'm a Constable and the one who is supposed to be a Constable has been Knighted! 

Since I'm a Jedi Master, I guess that means I'm a sort of a Knight anyways, since I had to become a Jedi Knight before I could achieve my Mastership!

Still, it's cool in a kind of hard to keep up with way!  Keep up the good work, Sir Peter of Admin, and long may the Kings, Queens, Knights and Senators of Confusion reign in the Kingdom of Arena!

I just made all the ranks new, not caring for consistency to the old ones. Please forgive me ;)

gelert

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-02-23, 22:59:24
I just made all the ranks new, not caring for consistency to the old ones. Please forgive me ;)

Ah, but you missed out Vicar Sergeant (er, Detective Parson, Ma'am)...

And, perhaps more importantly, Barron Knights....

Anybody remember their brilliant rehash of Space Oddity (This is Ginger Tom to Birth Control...), and Bohemian Rhapsody (...oh, where did that merrangue go...?)

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-02-23, 22:59:24

Consider yourself truly forgiven ... although as Chief Supreme Chancellor Sir Lord Peter Admin of Adminshire, tis very much your prerogative to change stuff without notice and thus spread mass confusion amongst your loyal subjects!  ;)

Xanxtuary

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2005-02-25, 17:38:18
Ah, but you missed out Vicar Sergeant (er, Detective Parson, Ma'am)...

And, perhaps more importantly, Barron Knights....

Anybody remember their brilliant rehash of Space Oddity (This is Ginger Tom to Birth Control...), and Bohemian Rhapsody (...oh, where did that merrangue go...?)

Defective Parsons?  Send'em back to Vicarage School then ... six of the best on the posterior, then several months of sitting on cold church pews ought to cure them of any known defects!

Barren Knights? if they're barren then surely they would have no need for birth control?  ;)

Appelmoes??

What comes after Imperator? ;D

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-04-21, 19:53:29
What comes after Imperator? ;D

Broomstick....you start again from the beginning....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Melo

Oh dear me... I just realised I am a peon... I have to do something about that... after all I am a Prog Goddess on my Bazaar  ;D

gelert

Quote from: gelert on Thu, 2005-04-21, 20:02:15
Broomstick....you start again from the beginning....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And then you progress to Peon...

Quote from: Melo on Fri, 2005-04-22, 14:58:24
Oh dear me... I just realised I am a peon... I have to do something about that... after all I am a Prog Goddess on my Bazaar  ;D

And then, if you delete more posts than you've made ( ??? ), you revolve back to Imperator...

It's a Menu-Driven thing, allegedly...  ;)

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2005-04-22, 20:00:29
And then you progress to Peon...

And then, if you delete more posts than you've made ( ??? ), you revolve back to Imperator...

It's a Menu-Driven thing, allegedly...  ;)

Well, actually, I throw the dice every night to mix up the levels quite nicely....hmmmm.....nobody seems to have noticed yet.... ;)