News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Heralds and Squires

Started by Xanxtuary, Sat, 2005-02-19, 20:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Euhm... Gelert?

The King is dead, so worship me  :P (Or post more ;D )
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Melo

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2005-04-22, 21:21:09
Well, actually, I throw the dice every night to mix up the levels quite nicely....hmmmm.....nobody seems to have noticed yet.... ;)

I have not the foggiest what you mean... I must be getting old   :o

Xanxtuary

I believe that Sir Peter Admin of Adminshire has a predilection (lovely word that!) for randomly generating new designations for varying amounts of posts, so to maintain the status quo of total and utter confusion amongst his loyal (if somewhat confuddled) subjects!  So it follows quite illogically that one moment you could be a Chancellor, riding high on a wave of buoyant and effusive postings, then you could find yourself in reduced "Broomstick" circumstances.  Thus for the grace of Sir Peter Admin of Adminshire go we ...

Of course, this is all mere speculation and probably bears no resemblance to actual events or persons!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

gelert

....reduced "Broomstick" circumstances...

Why I am suddenly and curiously reminded of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"...  ???
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-04-25, 18:21:55
....reduced "Broomstick" circumstances...

Why I am suddenly and curiously reminded of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"...  ???

I was actually reminded of Granny Weatherwax from Pratchett's "Wierd Sisters"  :)

But I can see where you're coming from  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-04-26, 08:55:02
I was actually reminded of Granny Weatherwax from Pratchett's "Wierd Sisters"  :)

But I can see where you're coming from  ;D

Ah, yes...I foresee a new Hollywood blockbuster...

Harry Potter teams up with SpongeBob SquarePants, and they both go off in search of The Hairy Goblet...

...featuring some redhot "wand action"...

Damn this medication...it's not working, I tell ya...!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Xanxtuary

Let's hope it ain't violet wand action! EEEK!!! :o

Peter

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-05-01, 15:18:40
Let's hope it ain't violet wand action! EEEK!!! :o

And again, the dumb german doesn't get it. What's so bad about a violet wand...  ??? ?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2005-05-01, 20:40:07
And again, the dumb german doesn't get it. What's so bad about a violet wand...  ??? ?

Peter, you're most definitely not dumb!  Just not been surfing a particular kind of website.  FYI a violet wand is a sort of torture device whereby you can administer electric shocks to your victim.  It is used in sado-masochistic play.  The very idea of it scares the hell out of me, but I guess there are those who get off on it.

Peter

Whatever people like.... *shrug* ;)

Diablos_Bassist

YAY Broomstick i like sticks
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly...

Deenfan

I never got back to you with any suggestion, but that was since you did so nicely on your own.

Here's a suggestion, though I think you're discussing it already: RAISE THE BAR!!!

I shouldn't be a crown prince after 100 something posts. That should be at 1000 or something.

Not that I'm complaining... ;D

Peter

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2005-07-03, 14:52:14
I never got back to you with any suggestion, but that was since you did so nicely on your own.

Here's a suggestion, though I think you're discussing it already: RAISE THE BAR!!!

I shouldn't be a crown prince after 100 something posts. That should be at 1000 or something.

Hehe, degraded you to 'Constable' ;)

Here's the new order:

Broomstick 0, Slave 10, Peon 25, Peasant 50, Commoner 75, Constable 100, Herald 150, Squire 200, Knight 250, Liegelord 300, Duke 350, Baron 400, Chancellor 450, Royal Knight 500, Crown Prince 600, King 800, Imperator 1000

(number of required posts, that is)

The number of members is still rather small though, so if you guys know any fans who are still not activated into this realm,  please be so kind and give them a push.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2005-07-03, 14:52:14

I wont forgive you for this...! >:( :( ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Deenfan

Doh!!

Holy cow, he was fast at it, too!!!!!!! ;D

Peter

harhar, just gimme a whip and I'll be even faster....!

Simtere

Damn,   from Liegelord to Peon in one fell swoop.  Now I really have my work cut out to try and get back to where I was before. <Sigh>

BTW .... I notice since the changes to the site (name and rankings wise) that when I logon and try to see posts since I last logged in, I get told there are none even though there clearly are.  Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Peter

Em, you will need to log in to the 'new' URL, too. The cookie with your login data is for the URL starting 'forum.the-ricochet.net', but all links in the site now go to 'shattered-room.net', which you prolly do not have a cookie for, yet.

gelert

Liegelord...?

WTF is a liegelord...?

I fear that a visit from The Taxman is imminent...

Might I suggest a keyboard-flavoured hierarchy, starting at Mellontro, and, er, progressing through to Casio CZ101...?

KBMatt could rattle-off a few intermediates...?

Peter

Heh, gimme a whole hierarchy, not just the bottom end of it, mate..!

gelert

Matt's Keyboard Rig  ;)
Matt's Keyboard Rig without Matt  ;D
Gelert's Keyboard Rig
Gelert's Keyboard Rig With Gelert  ::)
Jon Bontempi
Casio CZ101
Casio CZ1000
JEN
Moog Rogue
Roland JP4
Yamaha DX7
EMS Synthi
Roland AlphaJuno
Yamaha DX7IIS
ARP Axxe
Roland Juno
Siel Orchestra
Roland AlphaJuno2 C/W PG300 Programmer
Wasp
Korg X5D
Roland Juno C/W MIDI
Roland JX8P
AKAI S612 + MD
Fender Roades
Korg MS10
Yamaha TX816 (???help???)
Korg N5
Roland Jupiter6
PPG wave 2.2
AKAI S900
MemoryMoog
Fairlight
AKAI S1000
CX3P
OSCar
Hammond C3
MiniMoog
Roland Jupiter8
Hanmmond B3 c/w Leslie cabinet
Clavinova
Access Virus
Roland JD800
Korg Prophecy
Nord Lead 3
Hartmann Neuron
Korg Triton Extreme 88
Synclavier
Kurzweil VA1
Kurzweil K2600
Moog Taurus II
Mellontro

HELP...?

Clive, Widge...anybody...? Er, except Matt...

...who's already contributed...cheers marra.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-07-04, 19:32:35
HELP...?

Matt, Clive, Widge...anybody...?
...................Oh, ok then... so far you have got to 320 with your order...

330 - Access Virus
340 - Roland JD800
350 - Korg Prophecy
400 - Nord Lead 3
450 - Hartmann Neuron
500 - Korg Triton Extreme 88
750 - Synclavier
1000 - Kurzweil VA1
1500 - Kurzweil K2600
2000 - Matt's keyboard rig ;)
3000 - Clive's keyboard rig ;)

Ahhhhhh! Try that! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Peter

yay, I think I'd rather stick to my medieval hierarchy then... at least everybody can somehow relate to the terms in some way, right...

gelert

Oh poo...

And just when I'd modified the list...

Turns on "Sulk Mode"...

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-07-05, 17:59:30
Oh poo...
And just when I'd modified the list...

Turns on "Sulk Mode"...

Awwww, come on *pads Louis' head* :D Smile!