News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ayreon!

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-02-16, 21:04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2007-03-01, 20:19:40
Lol, there's another keyboardplayer poll in there :D Guess what I voted *horns*

And it's two to one.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Herben

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-03-02, 21:37:26
I just received my copy of the Special Edition of The Final Experiment :)
I ordered some years ago at a local cd-shop and I had to wait 5 or 6 weeks to get it!
How long did You have to wait on it?
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

BRUNILLION

ok, here are my .02 worth:

I got into Ayreon after reading Fish (you can imagine I am a Marillion fan) was going to play a part in a play by some dutch prog genious... so I got my claws on ItEC.

It blew me away!!! I am passionately into concept albums so the 2 CDs were spining in my car for almost a month. So I went and bought the complete back catalogue...  TFE was good overall but a little "amateurish" to my ears, as if Arjen wanted to impress the world deliberatly. AF wasn't a thrill to me until the 6th or 7th session. What didn't clicked to me wasn't the music, but the instruments. In fact, I think the album is pretty good, but the synth sound of the album is IMHO its weak point. Then came the Migrator albums and although I found them to be good albums, they didn't thirll me. I had lost hope on Ayeron and thought their masterpiece had been already released (ItEC)... then came For Ayreonauts Only and I got some nice smiles on my face to some remaking of previous work... that got me going and went to look for their last album, which I had heard was released some months ago, but wasn't dying to listen... stupid me!!! THE is probably in my top 5 all time CD's. The cast of characters is simply perfect! and music blends perfectly into the story. Check the review DPRP did on this album at http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200430.html#ayreon I agree completly with it. THis album broke my previous record.. it sounded in my car for 5 weeks in a row... I just cannot get enough of it!!!

BrU
NIL
IoN

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-02-16, 21:04:20
My favourite artist is Russel Allen (Damian is a close 2nd). He has this very powerfull voice, but can still sing these very soft parts... Marvelous!

Now I've seen Russell's name misspelled so many times that I've decided to do something about it (it's not only you, Appeloes):

Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen 

Hope that helped!  ;D

Otherwise I agree with you, Russell is a fantastic singer.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2007-06-03, 23:05:48
Now I've seen Russell's name spelled wrongly so many times that I've decided to do something about it (it's not only you, Appeloes):

Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen  Russell Allen 

Hope that helped!  ;D

Otherwise I agree with you, Russell is a fantastic singer.

Nicky.

Allen Russel?  ???  :o

;D

Quote from: NikcyAppeloes

;D

;)

Appelmoes??

Ruscell L-an... Is that a Russian nuclear Powercell?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2007-06-04, 12:33:42
Appeloes

;D

;)

That's what you get for scamping: Lose an apple.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

So, who has heard the first sample of the first singer for the new album?

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Ehm...me?  ;D

Like it very much, i must say. Quite a catchy tune. It has been in my system for the whole day. That's a good thing.  :D

Appelmoes??

Too make it easy on the rest, here's a quote from Arjen's PM:

Quote from: shaaykaynauAs we recorded vocalists, we will give you an ACAPELLA sample of what was recorded.

This obviously reveals not only the vocalist in question, but a little bit of the story as well (perhaps).

Here we have vocalist #1.

Keep in mind: THIS IS ACAPELLA, the music has been taken away.

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Hmm... sounds ok so far to me.

I don't really have a clue who it could be. But I think I've heard him before.
But it's not one who I'm listening daily to, that's for sure.

In short: I don't recognise him.

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-06-15, 17:14:51
So, who has heard the first sample of the first singer for the new album?
I just did. Not impressed, a little too 'screamy' for me. But let's wait for the final result, A.A. Lucassen did never disappoint me so far  ;D ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Well, considering all the stuff he's been through, this album is bound to be heavy ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-06-15, 19:06:58
Well, considering all the stuff he's been through, this album is bound to be heavy ;)
That's no problem, 'Flight Of The Migrator' and 'Space Metal' are great  *horns* 8)

Peter

Didn't understand very much, something about "Migrator" and "Ride the Comet"?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Quote from: ArjenYou've got it, it's Magali Luyten! SHE's a young and talented rising star from our 'neighbours' Belgium. Amazing *and* goosebumps :-)

The lyrics were really close, here they are:

Carry out your dangerous task, sail uncharted spheres
Live out our dreams, ride the comet!
Journey on the Migrator trail, cross the new frontiers
Pass on our genes (jeans, haha!), ride the comet!

Does this help? ;) He says the lyrics are close, but I actually had them correct :o The jeans was a forum member joke  :D

My drawings on MySpace

PH

LOL I thought it was a man! ;D

She's got balls, man! 8) ::)
I like it even more now.

intruder

Well in all honesty I love all of Ayreons albums, but I would have to say that Into The Electric Castle and The Human Equation are the best concept albums when it comes to a story line. Musically all the albums are just great, they all have remarkable muso's on it, and well selected guest artists who never fail to please. But if I was to pick my favorite out of the bunch. It would have to be Into The Electric Castle. The music and styles on that album, are well close to The War Of The Worlds by Jeff Wayne, which was the biggest selling story line concept album ever made. I for one love concept albums, and when they are done with great musicians it makes them truly remarkable. These type of albums never bore me, and are never far away from my Cd player. Including all the other great concept albums from years ago by artists like Rick Wakeman, Genesis, Jethro Tull. as well as Nolan/Wakeman just to name a few.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-06-18, 14:11:14
LOL I thought it was a man! ;D

She's got balls, man! 8) ::)
I like it even more now.
I first thought it was a "softer" sounding Leon Goewie ;D And she does sound like Leon, just softer :D

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

SPOILER ALERT!!!

There a demo of one of the songs on the Ayreonauts myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/ayreonauts

The song is without vocals, but there are drums and a violin :)

Oh... And it's AMAZING!!!

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

btw, was anybody on this forum planning on going to the fanmeet? If you feel like going, just click on the image in my signature and you can order a ticket. And since I'm in the organisation (the main reason I've not been around a lot), I'll be albe to answer all your questions just here :)

This news bit is from the official website:
Quote from: AyreonwebsiteJuly 9, 2007

Ayreon Fan Meet Sept. 15th!

Members of the messageboard spent nearly a year already organizing a fan-meet for Ayreon (Arjen Lucassen) fans. What started out as an informal get-together for forumers at a zoo, turned into a little bit of an event where 250 people can attend. It takes place September 15th, 2007 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It starts 13:00 and ends aproximately 19:00.

Among the highlights of the day are a cover band called Ayreonotes, who will play a set of Arjen Lucassen tracks, an exclusive sneak preview of the new Ayreon album, hanging out with fans from around the world and perhaps even some special guests.

You can now order tickets via the website here - remember, tickets are limited! For more information please check this thread on the messageboard - relevant information starts at page 36. For questions please contact: fanmeet@live.nl and use 'fanmeet' as topic.

(@Peter: If you think this should be in another topic (events or something) be my guest and move it to the proper section ;))

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

And InsideOut picked it up. They have a little blog-entry on their myspace about the Ayreon Fanmeet *horns*

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

So who has also been following the developments of the new ayreon album?

The fanmeet was a succes btw ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2007-10-10, 21:42:59
So who has also been following the developments of the new ayreon album?
Me. Looking forward to the new album, as I like (most of) the soundbytes of the singers. It'll be a great album, I'm sure  *horns*.

Appelmoes??

It sure has an impressive line-up :o

Magali Luyten
Simone Simons
Ty Tabor
Arjen Lucassen
Liselotte Hegt
Tom S. Englund
Jorn Lande
Jonas P. Renkse
Anneke van Giersbergen
Bob Catley
Phideaux
Floor Jansen
Steve Lee
Hansi Kursch
Marjan Welman
Wudstik
Daniel Gildenlow

wow...

My drawings on MySpace