News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ayreon!

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-02-16, 21:04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

What do you think of the full mp3 on http://www.streamofpassion.com/ ?

For me, I wasn't impressed by first listening (too little melody, I'm used to more at Arjen's projects), but it is 'growing' now. The voice of Marcela Bovio is so beautiful.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Moonloop

Yes, that sounds interesting. I'm not a big fan of most of the Ayreon stuff but I do like a good female vocalist and they're quite scarce in the prog-world. Will give it a try I think - it's only money, after all  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

maddox

Just finished listening to the track "Deciever" from the forthcoming album of Stream of Passion. It sounds very promising. I wasn't really impressed with the singing qualities of Marcela Bovio when i heard her on "the Human Equation", but it seems she's totally in place here, doing an excellent job.
I think i'll order me a copy...  :) :)

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

POM

Well... Seems to be good...
Marcela is also playing violin on this one!

Now just have to you until release date to listen the whole album ...  ;)

Teunis

New soundbytes Stream of Passion added on: http://www.streamofpassion.com/

Sounds really good! Unfortunately we have to wait until October 24th  :'(

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2005-09-09, 19:25:51
New soundbytes Stream of Passion added on: http://www.streamofpassion.com/

Sounds really good! Have too wait until October 24th  :'(
I listened to all the soundsamples, but I can't say I like it as much as the ayreon/ambeon/Star one sounds. Perhaps it needs some "get used to".
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Saryna

Love Arjen's work.  Love Clive's contributions also.  A particular lean towards Castle and Universal Migrator.  Lana Lane's voice on 2094(I think thats the name) and Dragon on the Sea is stunning and one of the morebeautiful songs I've heard.  Many great moments.

the Human Equation I liked also but gave it away as a spontaneous gift before I could really get to know it.  Itseemed kind of more of the same and more melancholy.  The dark.  But that;s ok.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Saryna on Fri, 2005-09-09, 20:29:16
the Human Equation I liked also but gave it away as a spontaneous gift before I could really get to know it.  Itseemed kind of more of the same and more melancholy.  The dark.  But that;s ok.
THE is imo a more allround album like TFE and ItEC, where as in the UM albums Arjen's Softer and Heavier style are split. THE is more extremer concerning the styles. The heavy is heavier, the folky is folkier etc. (IMHO that is ;))

My drawings on MySpace

Vanderwoude

I've resently heard music from Ayreon for the first time. It was from The Human Equation. There were many parts that I liked, but that isn't too difficult on an album with so many different styles. There are also a few parts that I don't like, for example the instrumental 'spacy' parts and the 'rammstein-like screaming.' I like the way LaBrie sounds on it, but I prefer Dream Theater
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

Herben

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-02-17, 11:54:17
Actual Fantasy is imo somewhat 'strange' since it's not a real rock-opera, no story and 'fixed' singers. Still I think it's a very good album, though the song at the end of the album don't reallly get me. Computer eyes sung by Edward Reekers (reallly warm voice) is my favourite of the album, and one of my Ayreon alltime Fav's.
My favourite song was Beyond the last horizon of the actual fantasy album, but in fact I liked the "Ayreonauts Only" version better. But I like the bombastic albums more like "Into the electric castle" and "the Final experiment", The human equation is still not my favourite, in a way I still don't play it in my stereo, maybe not interesting enough maybe it will come later as sometimes does.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Herben

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-02-17, 11:54:17
Actual Fantasy is imo somewhat 'strange' since it's not a real rock-opera, no story and 'fixed' singers. Still I think it's a very good album, though the song at the end of the album don't reallly get me. Computer eyes sung by Edward Reekers (reallly warm voice) is my favourite of the album, and one of my Ayreon alltime Fav's.
My favourite song was Beyond the last horizon of the actual fantasy album, but in fact I liked the "Ayreonauts Only" version better. But I like the bombastic albums more like "Into the electric castle" and "the Final experiment", The human equation is still not my favourite, in a way I still don't play it in my stereo, maybe not interesting enough maybe it will come later as sometimes does.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

POM

Saw Arjen live with Stream of Passion.  *ola*

intruder

Ayreon are superb, and I really like and play all of the albums, though I must say that if I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Into The Electric Castle with The Human Equation very close behind it.

maddox

Quote from: intruder on Wed, 2006-12-13, 19:28:13
Ayreon are superb, and I really like and play all of the albums, though I must say that if I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Into The Electric Castle with The Human Equation very close behind it.

8)

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Appelmoes??

Here's some useless, but fun info:

In a poll on the Ayreon-forum the question has been asked to choose between Clive or Rene Merkelbach. At the moment Clive is leading 5 to 1 8)

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2007-02-28, 07:55:59
Here's some useless, but fun info:

In a poll on the Ayreon-forum the question has been asked to choose between Clive or Rene Merkelbach. At the moment Clive is leading 5 to 1 8)

6 to 1  8)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2007-02-28, 10:33:35
6 to 1  8)

6 to 1 huh? I know who are responsible for the half of that vote.  ;)

PH

maddox

Teunis

I am responsible for one of the Clive votes too  ;D *horns*.

maddox

Currently 8-1.  ;D

Hey, not my doing.  :P  ;)

Appelmoes??

Clive just rules 8)

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

Lol, there's another keyboardplayer poll in there :D Guess what I voted *horns*

My drawings on MySpace