News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pendragon

Started by Mark Jan, Tue, 2005-02-08, 17:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Herben

Quote from: Simtere on Wed, 2005-08-10, 12:02:36
Roll on the day when the TV can get replaced :)
Just sell the stupid thing! And buy a better one.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Simtere

Quote from: Herben on Wed, 2005-08-10, 13:26:51
Just sell the stupid thing! And buy a better one.

I don't think many people are going to want to pay £400 for a second hand wide screen TV that is not NTSC comapatable, but if you're offering........

Herben

Quote from: Simtere on Wed, 2005-08-10, 14:17:46
I don't think many people are going to want to pay £400 for a second hand wide screen TV that is not NTSC comapatable, but if you're offering........
Or just put it in Your sleeping room, and then You buy a new one for the Livingroom, NTSC proof. Or just wait for the New Soccer Championships, the World Cup 2006 for instance, then there is a lot of asking for second hand televisions, all those people who go on holiday forgetting their TV and buy it at the campsite for the Worldcup. (Just an Idea) I heard it when I bought mine, they said no there are no second hand TV's there all sold out because of Soccer.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

creme anglais

ok ........the non-dvd is downlaodable from the Pendragon website......
the first of 8 installments appeared today!!!

www.pendragon.mu

ITs fab!!!

Nick, Clive, Peter & Fudge.......all in glorious techni-colour......and stereo!!!

can't wait for part 2!!!

CAx

Nic

Hi there !

Just got a copy of the new Pendragon album "Believe".
The cd was on sale after the Arena concert at Verviers last saturday.

What I can say after 3 listenings is that I like it verrrrrrrry much !!!!
It sounds quite different from the previous efforts and this feels refreshing.

I'll write a more complete review after a more complete listening.

See ya !

maddox

Quote from: Nic on Mon, 2005-09-19, 11:58:40

It sounds quite different from the previous efforts and this feels refreshing.

That "quite different" part is the thing i can't take yet. It's nice in my view, but there's still something missing to me. It's definitely no Not Of This World, wich is pure brilliancy to my humble opinion.

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

creme anglais

ha ha ha!!!
Of course it's not  NOTW!!! they made that one already!!! ;D

It's that catch 22 thing, if a band makes an album similar to the last, folk will say "yeah yeah heard that already!!!"  and if they make something a bit different it's   "oh it's not like the album before!"

wouldn't it be a bit boring if the same stuff came out over and over.........after all a comfort blanket really would fur up your cd player wouldn't it??? :D :D :D

Creme Anglais............ ;)

The Voyager

SAD NEWS: Fudge has left Pendragon board.

POM

It's weird to read that now, as Pendragon is begining a Tour soon...   :(

The Voyager

Quote from: POM on Fri, 2006-04-28, 10:03:33
Pendragon is begining a Tour soon...   :(

With a new drummer, by the way.  :(

Teunis

Quote from: The Voyager on Fri, 2006-04-28, 16:28:11
  With a new drummer, by the way.  :(
Yes, a certain Joe Crabtree, never heard of him. I'm very curious, I will see Pendragon live on 13th May. Though I regret the departure of Fudge, I'm sure it will be a killer gig!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

HelenDo

I'm going to my first Pendragon gig in Swindon on 11/5. I only own one Pendragon CD, which is Believe - which I really like. I would like to listen to some more music before the gig. In reality I can only afford / have the time to listen to 1 or 2 CDs.

Can anyone recommend my next purchases - criteria would be CDs that contain tracks they are likely to play live, rather than your fave CD.

Thanx Helenxxx

Teunis

Quote from: HelenDo on Sat, 2006-04-29, 22:54:28
Can anyone recommend my next purchases - criteria would be CDs that contain tracks they are likely to play live, rather than your fave CD.
Very difficult to say. Because it's the 'Believe' tour they will play a lot from this album. I would say 'The Masquerade Overture'. The track 'Paintbox' is one they will certainly play. It is certainly one of their best and most successful albums. But 'The World' (1991), 'The Window of Life' (1993) and 'Not of this World' (2001) are great as well. They will pick one or a few from each album I guess. And this music is more 'listen and enjoy' than 'singing along' in my opinion.

johninblack

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-04-30, 14:01:16
Very difficult to say. Because it's the 'Believe' tour they will play a lot from this album. I would say 'The Masquerade Overture'. The track 'Paintbox' is one they will certainly play. It is certainly one of their best and most successful albums. But 'The World' (1991), 'The Window of Life' (1993) and 'Not of this World' (2001) are great as well. They will pick one or a few from each album I guess. And this music is more 'listen and enjoy' than 'singing along' in my opinion.

Totally agree, lots  or all (please) of Believe, Paintbox and after that who knows!

Sergey

I heard one Pendragon's album - The masquerade overture.I think it's very good work.

maddox

Quote from: Sergey on Sat, 2008-01-26, 15:46:20
I heard one Pendragon's album - The masquerade overture.I think it's very good work.

Then take a listen to Not Of This World because that one is even better.  :D

A classic in my opinion.  ;D

CompanyCroydon

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-01-26, 15:50:22
Then take a listen to Not Of This World because that one is even better.  :D

A classic in my opinion.  ;D

Is the correct answer ;D

maddox

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Sat, 2008-01-26, 18:41:51
Is the correct answer ;D

And again, i knew you'd say that.  :D

BTW> if it was the correct answer, what did i win?  ???  ;D

CompanyCroydon

A pint of Lager at The Peel ;D

johninblack

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Sun, 2008-01-27, 11:01:43
A pint of Lager at The Peel ;D

Is this your new way of getting the punters through the door?

Sergey

Now I have 3 CD and 2 DVD.I think this band is great. :)
Excuse me Clive but now I like Pendragon more than Arena. ;D

gelert

Anybody else here subscribing to Wilcey's "Purely Pendragon" via Affinitiz?

It's QUALITY, BTW!  8)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Teunis

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2008-04-13, 21:20:22
Anybody else here subscribing to Wilcey's "Purely Pendragon" via Affinitiz?

It's QUALITY, BTW!  8)
Yep, I already subscribed to 'Affinitiz'. The new soundbytes are very promising indeed  *horns* 8).

CompanyCroydon

gelert

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2008-04-14, 19:41:53
Yep, I already subscribed to 'Affinitiz'. The new soundbytes are very promising indeed  *horns* 8).

Soundbites are excellent - but Nick's sense of humour borders on mine...i.e. perhaps not "Global-User" Friendly.
One half of me is cracking-up, and the other half is concerned that he'll be pissing-off e.g. Martin Hudson / Northern Accents. Or Sweatshirt-around-the-waist-wearers / Fat Birds / Voluptuous Females.

Still - in Nick's defence, it's his website - if you don't like it, you don't have to watch, etc.

I for one find it excellent...!  8)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"