News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

EK 2008

Started by Herben, Thu, 2007-11-22, 23:55:42

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the new european champion

The Netherlands
0 (0%)
Germany
2 (25%)
Poland
1 (12.5%)
Russia
0 (0%)
Portugal
1 (12.5%)
Austria
0 (0%)
France
0 (0%)
Italy
0 (0%)
Switzerland
0 (0%)
Turkey
0 (0%)
Greece
0 (0%)
Spain
1 (12.5%)
Romania
0 (0%)
Croatia
0 (0%)
Sweden
1 (12.5%)
Czech Republic
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Herben

Well vote and see if the prediction is right!!!
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Appelmoes??

After the disgracing qualifier rounds of the Netherlands I'm not sure if I will watch. (Yeah, they got placed, but was it by playing football or doing math?)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Bupie

I vote for Poland because I'd like "little" football countries to win over the big ones sometimes (even if the last Euro winner was not an expected one, to say the least).

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-11-23, 07:14:11
After the disgracing qualifier rounds of the Netherlands I'm not sure if I will watch. (Yeah, they got placed, but was it by playing football or doing math?)
Same for the German team I think...  ;)

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2007-11-23, 09:24:12
I vote for Poland because I'd like "little" football countries to win over the big ones sometimes (even if the last Euro winner was not an expected one, to say the least).
Well, chances are this may happen! England's already out... but how the f*** come TURKEY is in?! :o I mean, they're not even in Europe!!  ???

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2007-11-23, 10:35:08
but how the f*** come TURKEY is in?! :o

It's the turkeys playin the football, Bluey  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-11-23, 11:32:12
It's the turkeys playin the football, Bluey  ;D

Nicky.

Yeah, that's exactly what it looked like!!  ;D

Appelmoes??

Same question comes to mind when you see Israel singing in the EUROPEAN song festival... Turkey I can slightly understand, since the're in Eurasia, but Israel? Before we know it they will also want to join the EU ???

In my opinion Turkey isn't part of Europe, geographically and culturally. They even have an arabic language if I'm correct

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2007-11-23, 12:33:12
In my opinion Turkey isn't part of Europe, geographically and culturally. They even have an arabic language if I'm correct

Amen to that!

Nicky007

There's a big difference between city and countryside in Turkey. People in Istanbul and Ankara are just as European as us, have the same sense of freedom and similar values, while out in the countryside they're living like in our medieval times.

So Turkey is really an in-between country, partly European and partly Asian.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Good point, but I still don't like them... or, to be more precise, I don't like the "Hey, we're just as European as you, so let us get into the EU and benefit from all the good stuff you have and take all the money we can" attitude.  >:(

Nicky007

Well, if you take people's silver cutlery, Bluey, .....  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Well, at least I don't fake health insurance ID cards in order to get free treatment/medicine - for which we stupid Germans have to pay a lot of money into the social welfare system! (It happens all the time - at my dermatologist, I've even witnessed it happening!! Nobody can tell one black-veiled moslem woman from another...)

Teunis

I think (but hope not) that Germany will win the European Championships. They're real tournament fighters, grow into a tournament. When they are not good, they have luck at the right time. And at least they are fighting till the very last second, the dutch can't say that  >:( :-\.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

bluepony

Really? Germany??  :o  Well, they'll have to grow into it quite a bit.. Have you seen them play recently? For example their last match - honestly, what was that all about?  ::)

The Butterfly Man

Ehhmmm....there seems to be something wrong, I can't vote on England! ;D

Tom (runs as fast as he can now hoping to keep the British people far behind him) :D
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

bluepony

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2007-11-23, 16:34:03
Ehhmmm....there seems to be something wrong, I can't vote on England! ;D

:D 

Why not cast your vote for Germany instead?  ;)
(In case you wonder - nope, I did NOT vote for Germany.)  :o

Teunis

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2007-11-23, 16:26:26
Really? Germany??  :o  Well, they'll have to grow into it quite a bit.. Have you seen them play recently? For example their last match - honestly, what was that all about?  ::)
I think Germany didn't want to win their last match, it was a tactical choise. They would have been in bowl 1 with the draw. Did you read the newspaper 'Bild'? Like I said, Germany is always ready for a tournament. We'll see.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

bluepony

Tactical choice or just good/bad luck - I'm not sure...  ;)

maddox

As always i vote for the Czech Republic. I always liked their way of playing and to me they deserve it.
Just like Spain by the way.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2007-11-23, 20:51:57
As always i vote for the Czech Republic. I always liked their way of playing and to me they deserve it.
Just like Spain by the way.

Or Croatia, if they continue to play like they played against England! :o

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2007-11-23, 21:11:20
Or Croatia, if they continue to play like they played against England! :o

Tom

Didn't see that match. Only saw the goals which were really neat. I personally don't think that Croatia has the skills to beat countries like France or Germany for instance. I consider their victory against England as pure luck but having said that i must repeat i didn't see the match.

Appelmoes??

Yes, judging by the way the czechs played the last big tournamenst they really deserve a win this time. I'm rooting for them this time :)

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Nothing in the world as unimportant as football (i.e. soccer). :P
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Looks like I really am your rightful lieut, Cap. You and I agree on cheese, football - and Arena  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2007-11-25, 13:22:08
Looks like I really am your rightful lieut, Cap. You and I agree on cheese, football - and Arena  *horns*

Nicky.

But eventhough some lieuts and Caps were on the same page, some armies lost their battles anyway.  :P  ;D