News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

What is your favorite Arena song and why?

Started by wagner, Sat, 2007-09-08, 17:14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

wagner

I was curious to know which song give you goose bum  ::) ;D
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

bellanova

Wow! What a question! So many songs give me goose bumps depending on my mood but the one that never fails has to be Moviedrome and also The Shattered Room. Theres too many to mention though. its hard to explain why. Its a long time since any music had this much of an effect on me. Its the same feeling i had when playing Mahler's 5th symphony years ago!

PH

Wow... what a question...

I'll try, but it won't be easy!

From Songs From The Lion's Cage:
- Solomon (Aggressive and musically it fits all in.)

From Pride:
- Medusa (One of the best piano rock ballads I know.)

From The Visitor:
- The Hanging Tree (I love the metaphors and how it flows from calm to rocky and the brilliant synth layers Clive put on it. This was a very hard decision, 'cuz I also really like "Enemy Without".)

From Immortal:
- Moviedrome (Another difficult one, "The Butterfly Man" is a close second. "Moviedrome" is the shortest 20 minutes I know. The lyrics are absolutely brilliant! After a beautiful piano interlude (composed by JM!!) the song builds up to a climax, with the shouting crowd etc etc.)

From Contagion:
- Skin Game (Again very difficult to decide which one is the best. I've chosen this one because of the way the song ends. BEAUTIFUL! Rob sings "Yielding to my DNA" and then that chord change. How it changes! The utmost of brilliance! (As are the rest of the songs on this album.))

From Pepper's Ghost:
- The Shattered Room (A tie between this one and "Opera Fanatica" while "Tantalus" tries to reach in between both. But now "Opera Fanatica", "Tantalus", and "The Shattered Room" remain—these three. The greatest of these is "The Shattered Room".)

Can one get tired of Arena? ;D

I'm not even gonna try to pick the best song out of the ones mentioned above...

PH

Quote from: wagner on Sat, 2007-09-08, 17:14:09I was curious to know which song give you goose bum  ::) ;D

Ah yes... I'd say the duck ass.

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Indeed a difficult question. With this you're testing our limits.  :P

I think the best way to do this is the 'PH' way ( ;))so...

From Songs Of The Lions Cage:
Solomon - Actually it's a tie between Valley Of The Kings and Solomon but Solomon is sort of an Arena-anthem so it would be wrong to choose differently.  :D

From Pride:
Two songs actually: Empire Of A Thousand Days and Siren. In the end it has to be siren but with the intro of Crying For Help. Without it there wouldn't be a extremely good Siren.  *horns*

From The Visitor:
The Hanging Tree for me too.  8)

From Immortal:
Hmmm, veryy difficult. *tossing and turning*...The Butterfly Man.  :-\

From Contagion:
ehmm...heard this before but....Skin Game. Same reason as PH here. No, i'm not trying to copycat you, P.  :P

From Peppers Ghost:
This one is easy: Tantalus with six other songs veryy closely followed.  :D

Capiche?  ;D

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-09-08, 20:04:49
Indeed a difficult question. With this you're testing our limits.  :P

I think the best way to do this is the 'PH' way ( ;))so...

From Songs Of The Lions Cage:
Solomon - Actually it's a tie between Valley Of The Kings and Solomon but Solomon is sort of an Arena-anthem so it would be wrong to choose differently.  :D

From Pride:
Two songs actually: Empire Of A Thousand Days and Siren. In the end it has to be siren but with the intro of Crying For Help. Without it there wouldn't be a extremely good Siren.  *horns*

From The Visitor:
The Hanging Tree for me too.  8)

From Immortal:
Hmmm, veryy difficult. *tossing and turning*...The Butterfly Man.  :-\

From Contagion:
ehmm...heard this before but....Skin Game. Same reason as PH here. No, i'm not trying to copycat you, P.  :P

From Peppers Ghost:
This one is easy: Tantalus with six other songs veryy closely followed.  :D

Capiche?  ;D

OMG! I'm turning into Maddox! First four albums totally agree, I would just add Fridays Dream to Immortal?
Contagion.......To be honest, most of it.
Peppers.....The Shattered Room, Pergatory Road and Opera Fanatica, Again with the others very close behind

I would have to add that Arena have more 'Goose Bump' songs than any other band I know.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2007-09-09, 00:14:58

OMG! I'm turning into Maddox!

Suddenly i have the terrible urge to play Golden Brown.  ;D

Nicky007

I'll also go for the duck ass (good one, Paco), if she don't talk toooo much (one for you, Bluey)  ;D

but re Arena, my fave song is Ascension, as I've expatiated on in  http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=984.0

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2007-09-09, 01:17:55
Suddenly i have the terrible urge to play Golden Brown.  ;D

Thanks for the compliment, Maddox  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-09-08, 19:51:59
Rob sings "Yielding to my DNA" ....

But Clive could've done it better, huh, Paco?   ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2007-09-09, 10:55:07
Thanks for the compliment, Maddox  :)

Nicky.

At least now i know your last name.  ;D

johninblack

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2007-09-09, 11:10:30But Clive could've done it better, huh, Paco?   ;D

You're so wrong!!
I tried to explain earlier but it seems you guys aren't on the same frequency! ;)

guig

Quote from: wagner on Sat, 2007-09-08, 17:14:09
I was curious to know which song give you goose bum  ::) ;D

Too many to list I'm afraid.

Appelmoes??

I think my favourite is Solomon, simply because it has everything that makes Arena so good.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace