News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Favourite album

Started by Dude, Sun, 2005-02-13, 13:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Proglady

I love them all, but my faves are The Visitor and Immortal? :-*

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

keyboardistmatt

I'm sorry but I had to look at that twice!

Nonetheless, everybody has an opinion! :)

Peter

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2006-02-19, 12:22:52
I'm sorry but I had to look at that twice!

Nonetheless, everybody has an opinion! :)

That's also the way most of Voyager's posts make me feel :|

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2006-02-19, 16:56:47
That's also the way most of Voyager's posts make me feel :|
You know what?

...I believe you! :D

HelenDo

Contagion and Pepper's Ghost - I can't choose between them. Although Contagion is getting more listens at the moment.

Helenxxx

intruder

I really like them all, but I suppose if I had to pick a favorite album, it would have to be Immortal. Maybe my decision is based on the fact that, this was the first album I purchased, which led me into buying the lot. How I got to hear of Arena in the first place, was really down to the Classic Rock Magazine which usd to be accompanied with a CD. It was on those CD's I heard The Butterfly Man and Chosen, which totally blew my mind at the time, and it did not take much persuasion to buy the album. From this album I set out buying the back catologue and their present albums, and I'm totally hooked.

Out of the 2 concept albums The Visitor and Contagion. I would have to go for The Visitor. Because in my belief it's more structured and put together well. But as I said at the beginning... I really like them all. They have not made a bad album to date, and long may they continue bringing us such great music, by real clever musicians and writers. Which is what i'm all for.

Peter

Quote from: intruder on Tue, 2006-11-28, 20:00:36
They have not made a bad album to date, and long may they continue bringing us such great music, by real clever musicians and writers

Hear, Hear!

Ayreonfreak

My favourite is untill now; The Visitor. What a great album....Also the rest is great, and maybe my thoughts will change in the future, but as i say in my "welcome" word, I haven't heard all the albums allready. Contagion is also very good, and Songs of the Lion cage..  Didn't here Immortal yet, but that is only a matter of time ;D

joost

Can I pick two albums?
'Cause my favorites would be both the Visitor and Breakfast in Biarritz.
Amazing, you guys dont lose any quality when playing @ a concert!

Herben

Quote from: Little Angel on Mon, 2005-10-31, 18:55:33
I must be crazy I :-* :-* love them all
You're not crazy than I'm crazy too
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Silhouette

The classic, impossible question... ???

My favourite is probably always the one I listened to last time.
Right now, that'd be Pepper's ghost (currently in the middle of Opera fanatica).

Another choice could be Contagion, since it was my first Arena album, and so the one I've listened to the most, and I still haven't got tired of it, actually I still find it more interesting for each time.

It could also be The visitor, since it contains more lovely music than any of the other albums (about three more minutes than Contagion).

Decisions, decisions... ???

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

randazzo

I still love Songs from the Lions Cage. "Solomon" is one of my favoriet Arena tracks. Very emotional and energetic.  I find Pepper's ghost a fantastic album. Terrific heavy guitar work on it. Sometimes pleasant  heavy and then again gentil and flowing. Great songs and I like the lyrics. Much can be found. Superb. The last weeks I listen to Contagion and Pepper's Ghost all the times im my car and am not getting tired of it. Arena is still evolving and they keep on developing. By the way I love the way Mick Pointer handles his drums. He's getting better every album.

So I guess I have three favourite Arena albums - and a ticket for their next concert in The Netherlands....gna  ;)

maddox

Welcome to the Cage randazzo.  ;D

Hope you'll enjoy it here.  ;)

Yep, Solomon is awesomish.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

rick_ashe

imortal???  LOVE IT!!!

masterplace

Hello everyone, I have all the CDs. Me pleasure all cd! I go the 8 th April to see the concert in Rome. I am very excited for this! *horns* *horns* *horns*

PH

Hi Masterplace!

I agree with you that all CDs are beautiful. Arena doesn't make bad albums!
Have you already checked the topic about a possible fan magazine??

And welcome here! An Arena fan is a friend of mine! ;)

-Paco

Nicky007

Just realised that I hadnt posted here. Well, it cant come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that my fave Arena album is Contagion. It has the most great music imo. And the lyrics are very intriguing too. But there are equally wonderful passages on PG and Immortal ?  The Visitor was my first Arena album, and it blew me away at the time, but today it doesnt grip me as much as the other three albums. LC and Pride I find far below the celestial heights of Contagion  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Anaon

Hi!

First post here :) My favourite album remains Songs From The Lions Cage. The first Arena album I heard and probably one of the first prog album I heard too :) I love how it is so epic! I still love it!

Another one would be The Visitor or Immortal?

:)

neoman

I love all their albums with "Songs & "The Visitor" being my favs!

moviedrome

hi

in my opinion the best albums of ARena are this on order:
1-The visitor(the best album that i heard in my life)
2-Songs from the lion cage with pride, and Inmortal?...imposible to decide one
3-Contagion(a great album)

I dont like very much the peppers gghots album because, i feel that Arena with this disc, enter in a very diferent style and i not waiting this style of Arena..But some songs are vero goood: smoke and mirrors, tantalus, or purgatory road.

bye

aswas

So far, of what I have, The Visitor is my favorite, followed by Immortal and Contagion. Peppers Ghost is good too. All have different ideas and concepts. Haven't had all of them for long, so I am still sorting them all out.
don't fly... too close to the sun

maddox

Yep, The Visitor rules!!!  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

aswas

Gotta couple more coming too. My wife is freaked, she understands. I don't spend money anywhere else, just my music.
don't fly... too close to the sun