News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Neoprog music

Started by neoprog, Fri, 2007-05-25, 21:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

neoprog

I've discovered ARENA very late, for the Visitor...

I started with  AC/DC Hiway To Hell many years ago
Then a friend talk about Genesis and I was a revelation 8-)
From Genesis to Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett solo projects
Few years after that, one day, at school I heard She Cameleon from Marillion and it was incredible
Many years of only Marillion and a day I heard IQ (well in fact not a real IQ fan, but some tracks are incredible).
And I found on the web something about ARENA, I read the lyrics and bouth immediatly  the Visitor, one mounth after that the band was on stage in Strasbourg, amasing !
ARENA to AYERON, AYERON to Stream Of Passion and a friend talk me about Dream Theater, Octavarium and Metropolis II, what a sound !
Marillion to Transatlantic, Transatlantic to Kino, Kino to Spocks Beard (because Kino was guest at Kalsrhue for last Spocks Beard album).
One day on the Web I heard Anasasi http://www.anasazi-prog.com/, a french prog metal band from Grenoble, very talentuous guys, with one album and two EPs, listen to them, it's free good music... Mathieu, the singer of ANASAZI talk me about Pain Of Salvation (Scarsick) !!!

Lot of other music of course but not really related with prog, Debussy, Ravel, Gary Moore, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd...

Bupie

Ah, un autre français  :)

Bienvenue au club !

johninblack

Wecome Neoprog, pull up a seat and join in the chat! You will find most of us are into a wide range of music and we're not the sort of people to insult others about thier tastes......except in a nice way!!

maddox

I bid you welcome to the Shattered Room neoprog.  ;D

Hope, i mean 'of course' you'll like it in here.  ;)

Nice list you got there.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Welcome to this forum, you'll definitely like it over here  *horns*
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Assignment

Check out ARK (ex-conception musicians & jorn lande on vocals) - their record "Burn the Sun" is one in a million. I know that they had some success in France  *horns*