News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your latest cd or DVD purchase

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2005-11-11, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2018-08-04, 10:15:39
I haven't really listened to the albums after Tightly Unwound but I always really like the albums prior to the latter mentioned.
Not the Pineapple I used to like. ;)
Just try 'Your Wilderness', really great 8).

Bought the Soup album 'Remedies'. Another band from Norway that impressed me *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Bought the The Pineapple Thief album 'Dissolution' last Friday. I'm impressed.

Next buy will be the new Riverside album 'Wasteland' at the end of September *horns*,

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2018-09-06, 19:58:00
Next buy will be the new Riverside album 'Wasteland' at the end of September *horns*,
Indeed and that is today  8) *horns*

Iggy

Just finished playing Into The Electric Castle on Vinyl  *horns* it sounds fantastic

PH

It's been a while since I last mentioned my purchased cd's.

So since August I've bought the following:
Roine Stolt - "Manifesto Of An Alchemist"
Argos - "Unidentified Dying Objects"
Discipline - "To Shatter All Accords"
Damanek - "In Flight"
Southern Empire - "Civilisation"
Glass Hammer - "Chronomonaut"
Peter Pan - "Days"
Enchant - "A Dream Imagined..." boxset with all Enchant albums
Haken - "Vector"
Redemption - "Long Night's Journey Into Day"
Michael Romeo - "War Of The World, Part 1"
Gungfly - "Rumbling Box" boxset with all of Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly albums but the last two

Probably forgetting a few. This might seem a lot, but it's from almost half a year and they were mostly at very acceptable prices.
OK, it's still a lot and I'm defending myself...

And later today I expect to get Jean Michel Jarre's "Equinoxe Infinity" which I already heard on Spotify and like a lot! Anyone here who heard it?

Teunis

Impressive list PH. Heard Southern Empire twice, interesting for sure. Haven't heard JMJ yet, but I will.

Bought this morning:
IQ - Ever 2018 Remix - 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition
Muse - Simulation Theory

Teunis

The Neal Morse Band - The Great Adventure

soon to be followed by:
Soen - Lotus 8)

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2019-02-05, 19:03:34
soon to be followed by:
Soen - Lotus 8)
It is a fact now, just purchased it @ my local record shop.

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2019-02-16, 14:38:36
It is a fact now, just purchased it @ my local record shop.
Unfortunately my local record shop 'Blue Music Kampen' will close the doors in a few weeks due to less sales. This evening his loyal customers could buy cd's at 40% discount. I purchased 3 albums:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon 8)
Silhouette - Beyond The Seventh Wave (Dutch neo prog band)
Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura (Had only a burned copy, but love this album so much that it was about time that I bought it  ::) ;))

The owner of the store will refurbish his website. Fortunately I'll still be able to order albums from him and pick it up at his home. I will keep on supporting him. But it was so much fun to search through all those cd's, you'll recognise it. So I'm sad, both for him and for myself :-\/

Teunis

Just bought:
Toto - 40 Tours Around The Sun (DVD/2cd)  *horns* 8)
Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado
Bruce Soord & Jonas Renske - Wisdom Of Crowds

Teunis

Lonely Robot - Under Stars, bought it this afternoon 8).

PH

It seems I haven't posted in this thread for four months...

I haven't been buying much physical music lately, mostly exploring on Spotify. But my latest physical purchases are:

- Hans Lundin - "The Solo Years (1982-1989)" boxset
Interesting music. Indeed very much 80's inspired. There's a typical Kaipa sound to it though. Perfect timing, releasing this boxset with this 80's revival going on.
- Jordan Rudess - "Wired For Madness"
I listened to this on Spotify and was not expecting to like it so much. Well done Jordan!
- Dream Theater - "Distance Over Time"
I feel somewhat obliged to buy this. It's their best album since Mangini took over from Portnoy. But it's still not on the same level as their peak (at least what I consider their peak: "Scenes..." up till "Octavarium")

There's still many things on my wish list. But I'm trying to change my ways, and only buy what I really really really like. Especially trying to discover new music and support bands that need it most.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2019-04-27, 22:42:52
There's still many things on my wish list. But I'm trying to change my ways, and only buy what I really really really like. Especially trying to discover new music and support bands that need it most.
Good call. I'm a bit more careful as well. Lonely Robot was autobuy and so was Bjørn Riis - A Storm Is Coming, which I bought today. When I watch the upcoming releases on Progwereld.org, I don't see releases I will certainly buy. Not even Neal Morse ::). Heard a new track from the upcoming musical 'Jesus Christ: The Exorsist' and didn't like it at all ... But there are lots of albums from the past in my wishlist for times like this with not so interesting upcoming releases. And I will invest time into new bands with positive reviews. Music rules *horns*

Peter

Red Sun Rising - Polyester Zeal

Folks, if I ever made a recommendation, this is definitely one. This band appeared in one of the "made for you" playlists on Spotify, with the track "The Otherside". I starred it cos I liked it. Like 3 months ago or so. Found the time around Easter to scroll through my library, and... man, did this album blow my mind.

PS: the second album is not half as good. I can hear that they were trying to stick to their style of making music, but somehow it's not that "brilliant"... to me, that is...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Just bought Huis - Abandoned. Listened to the album several times on Spotify and it's great 8). Besides, I do own their first two albums, this one can't be missed in my collection ;D.

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2019-05-04, 13:10:40
Red Sun Rising - Polyester Zeal

Folks, if I ever made a recommendation, this is definitely one. This band appeared in one of the "made for you" playlists on Spotify, with the track "The Otherside". I starred it cos I liked it. Like 3 months ago or so. Found the time around Easter to scroll through my library, and... man, did this album blow my mind.

PS: the second album is not half as good. I can hear that they were trying to stick to their style of making music, but somehow it's not that "brilliant"... to me, that is...

Thanks for the tip.
I like it as well. :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Yesterday I bought the new Knight Area album 'D-Day'. It's about that particular day, 75 years ago. As you may know, singer Mark Smit is now replaced by Jan Willem Ketelaers. He contributed to Ayreon concerts and album(s). Had to get used a bit, because I'm following this band from the beginning and it's the first album with a new singer. But I'm enthusiastic now and highly recommend this album 8) *horns*.

Teunis

Bought the new IQ album 'Resistance' today. What a marvellous album, well worth the wait 8).

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2019-10-11, 19:40:07
Bought the new IQ album 'Resistance' today. What a marvellous album, well worth the wait 8).

Indeed!
I really like the album, especially the epics are stunning.
Nichols still is a louzy singer, but just like with Pendragon/Nick Barret it fits the music pretty well.

I also bought:

Scarlet Stories ~ Necrologies (Dutch progband)
Opeth ~ In Cauda Venenum (both English and Swedish version)
Tool ~ Fear Inoculum
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2019-10-19, 09:51:09
Nichols still is a louzy singer, but just like with Pendragon/Nick Barret it fits the music pretty well.
Indeed, can't imagine IQ without Nicholls. Great singer and performer 8). Same goes for Nick Barrett indeed.

Teunis

Today I bought @ my local record shop:
Blind Ego - Preaching The Choir
Pendragon - Love Over Fear

Teunis

After the show yesterday I bought two albums at the merchandise:
Blind Ego - Mirror (The only album I didn't own originally ;). It's a remastered album with 2 bonus tracks).
Kingcrow - The Persistence

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2020-03-05, 20:07:43
After the show yesterday I bought two albums at the merchandise:
Blind Ego - Mirror (The only album I didn't own originally ;). It's a remastered album with 2 bonus tracks).

There are some good songs on that album! I really like the contributions of both Paul Wrightson and John Mitchell here. Also John Jowitt plays bass and Clive is also on it. Yet it sounds nothing like Arena! :D

Last Tuesday I've bought the new album by Psychotic Waltz: "The God-Shaped Void". I listened to it two times on Spotify and then decided to buy it. I think it's pretty good!

I also bought the special edition of Sons Of Apollo's "MMXX". I was a bit underwhelmed but you know, it has Mike Portnoy on it. I'm sure it will grow on me. This edition comes with a second disc with the instrumental versions, just like their previous. I wish more bands would do that.

Besides these two recent releases, I also managed to get my hands on "The Village Lanterne" by Blackmore's Night. I've always liked this album. Catchy songs in a medieval style.

And I had to buy another album because "The Village Lanterne" had a sticker 'two for ten euros' on it. :D So out of necessity I bought Kansas' "The Prelude Implicit", which turns out to be a really good album! And apparently they will release a new album in a few months, so I'm following closely now.

erik

Message from Bandcamp:
The Covid-19 pandemic is in full force, and artists have been hit especially hard as tours and shows are being canceled for the foreseeable future. With such a major revenue stream drying up almost entirely, finding ways to continue supporting artists in the coming months is now an urgent priority for anyone who cares about music and the artists who create it. The good news is that we're already seeing many fans going above and beyond to support artists across Bandcamp.

To raise even more awareness around the pandemic's impact on musicians everywhere, we're waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists' pockets.

For many artists, a single day of boosted sales can mean the difference between being able to pay rent or not. Still, we consider this just a starting point. Musicians will continue to feel the effects of lost touring income for many months to come, so we're also sharing some ideas below on how fans can support the artists they love and how artists can give fans new, creative ways to provide support.

It may sound simple, but the best way to help artists is with your direct financial support, and we hope you'll join us on Friday and through the coming months as we work to support artists in this challenging time.

Ethan Diamond
Co-Founder & CEO
Bandcamp

So tomorrow is a good day to support artists, I will purchase a few albums!  *horns*

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..