News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Does Anyone like Glass Hammer Around Here?

Started by aswas, Sun, 2012-02-26, 03:33:13

Previous topic - Next topic

aswas

I was just curious if anyone liked any of Glass Hammer's last few efforts? Cor Cordium and IF have gotten a lot of attention in the US. What about over here?
don't fly... too close to the sun

maddox

There are a few bands that get that extra attention from me, mostly from the U.S.

Bands like Echolyn, Enchant, Tiles, Salem Hill and, how convenient...Glass Hammer. ;)

I didn't really like the last two albums, but Cor Corridium is a step in the right direction again.
Realy like this album.

Btw, did you know that singer Jon Davidson is the 'new' singer of Yes? ;)
He supposed to be the replacement for a few shows in Japan and such, since David Benoit was/is a bit ill, but Yes decided to show David the door and let Jon do the tricks.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

I only have the album with the horse on the cover, Shadowlands if I remember correctly. I find it good but it didn't grip me the way other symphonic/neo prog bands or albums do.

By checking their discography, I just saw that they wrote an album, Culture Of Ascent, inspired by the Krakauer's novel Into Thin Air. I read this novel a few years ago and I really liked it. Makes me curious to hear the music it inspired.

aswas

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2012-02-27, 15:07:54
There are a few bands that get that extra attention from me, mostly from the U.S.

Bands like Echolyn, Enchant, Tiles, Salem Hill and, how convenient...Glass Hammer. ;)

I didn't really like the last two albums, but Cor Corridium is a step in the right direction again.
Realy like this album.

Btw, did you know that singer Jon Davidson is the 'new' singer of Yes? ;)
He supposed to be the replacement for a few shows in Japan and such, since David Benoit was/is a bit ill, but Yes decided to show David the door and let Jon do the tricks.
No, I didn't know David was totally gone, and Jon was in. Wonder why? Has Jon left GH?
don't fly... too close to the sun

PH

I've heard a couple of albums. "Lex Rex", "Shadowlands" and "Culture Of Ascent". I liked what I heard, but never stuck to it. I think I need to give it another chance