News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Threshold - Dead Reckoning

Started by The Butterfly Man, Sun, 2007-02-11, 19:26:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

The new Threshold album, called 'Dead Reckoning' will be released 23.03.2007! Rumor has it that it will be Threshold's heaviest album to date. They hired Swedish multi-instrumentalist/producer Dan Swanö who laid down some 'brutal' backing vocals, so I'm very curious!

Track List

1.    Slipstream (4.53)
2.    This Is Your Life (3.41)
3.    Elusive (6.10)
4.    Hollow (4.00)
5.    Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams (9.44)
6.    Fighting For Breath (8.16)
7.    Disappear (4.17)
8.    Safe To Fly (5.06)
9.   One Degree Down   (8.33)

There will also be a limited edition with a bonustrack: Supermassive Black Hole which is a Muse cover.

Band member Richard West commented: "It's a good Muse song and their recording is very cool, but we've made our version heavier and more powerful than the original. It works so well as a Threshold track that it sounds like Muse covered our song!"

Cheers, Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Heard the news. Looks good to me.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

On www.thresh.net you can stream a radio version of the first track of the album, Slipstream. It sounds great so go check it out!!!

Cheers, Tom

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Don't be put off by the growls, I read somewhere that there will only be some growling on the 1st and 3rd track...And hey, they're only backing vocals, the lead vocals sounds nice and clean, don't they? ;)

Tom

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Cyborg-Frask

O yeah! really good news

whahaha everytime I hear that growling, I have to laugh :D ....It's a really funny one

I can see it already: "Threshold goes screamo" ;D  :P

Anyway.. this sounds really promising, I really love threshold and this one is really on my list.

Appelmoes??

Quote"Dead Reckoning could very well take the band to a new level of stardom!"
Scream (NO)
Looks like they didn't like the screams either :P

My drawings on MySpace

CygnusX1

Really looking forward to this one, and if 'Slipstream' is anything to go by it should be brilliant.  Dammit, so many potentially great releases to come this year!

Herben

So next friday will be the release! I'll be looking forward to it
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Pegas

There is already download single Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams available here for only 2.99 Euro. Radio version you can hear on www.thresh.net (video is here) is great but for progmetal fans I recomend full version  (9:44). It's fantastic with many changes, solos... I love both version.
As I know there is only some growling on two songs Slipstream and Elusive. I heard both and even I don't like growling I like it in this form and here it sound interesting.  I'm really looking forward to full album.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Herben on Sun, 2007-03-18, 21:58:09
So next friday will be the release! I'll be looking forward to it
Me 2!

My drawings on MySpace

Lake of despond

I can't wait for Dead Reckoning either, till now I heard just good reviews! So far I liked both Pilot and Slipstream, even though they're just shorter versions :)
Who is interested to see new video clip (which is more than professional), visit Youtube, you won't regret!!
Threshold rocks... *horns*

The Butterfly Man

I just bought the album and listened to it once. It's great! The Muse-cover is also very good, although, at this point, I still like the original better. But that may change when I heard it more often... ;D

Anyway, GREAT album!!! *horns* *horns* *horns*

Cheers, Tom

Lake of despond

:)

It's more than great to read this, I can't wait to hear it!!!

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Lake of despond

The Butterfly Man

I think this is already, after only a few spins in my cd-player, one of my favourite releases of 2007 so far (next to Pain Of Salvation's Scarsick)! Really an impressing album!

Tom

p.s: Just listen to the end section of 'One Degree Down'. what a BRILLIANT guitarsolo!!!
*horns*

maddox

Have i said recently that it's a great album?

Except the Muse cover. Personally i don't like that one too much.  :-\ Pilot is one of the best songs along with One Degree Below.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Silhouette

Very good album!
It's not my favourite by Threshold (I think!), but still very good!

Favourite tracks are Pilot in the sky of dreams, Fighting for breath and Safe to fly.

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

Pegas

I'm listening Dead Reckoning few times per day since Tuesday and can't stop it. It's another masterpiece in Threshold discography, great music from start to end including Muse cover. For me Dead Reckoning is album of the year so far.

Lake of despond

After much listening I must conclude it's another GREAT album from Threshold, the best release of this year definitely! Every song is a masterpiece, especially Muse cover is done trillion times better than the original...
Threshold is the leading prog metal band in my opinion and they deserve worldwide recognition, after so many years on the scene they're still in some inexplicable shadow...

Silhouette

I actually don't agree about the Muse cover.

In Threshold's version, they've removed a few vocal harmonies, and I think those harmonies makes the original song, so Threshold's version is definitely missing something there..

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

Lake of despond

Aha, Threshold's version is definitely missing that completely boring side which Muse one has :D

Luckily it's much more powerful, in fact I think those harmonies can be even better recognized in Threshold's interpretation for the sound is clearer and sharper, therefore more appropriate to transmit some energy...

If somebody's interested there is great interview made with Richard West on Metal Cast (http://www.metal-cast.com/), members of the forum came up with the questions so it's quite original ;)