News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sylvan

Started by Erendis, Thu, 2005-10-13, 12:47:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Highfire

Quote from: Erendis on Mon, 2005-10-17, 14:17:11
  Oops, caught  ;D      I really love his writings, what brings me to another (at this place wrong) question: How popular is fantasy/sci-fi literatur in the Prog-Community?!

Yeah! I love sci-fi. My favourites are Asimov, Clarke , O.S. Card, Bear, Silverberg and recently Dan Simmons (Hyperions are SO great).

We have been chosen...

Erendis

Quote from: Highfire on Thu, 2005-10-20, 19:05:21
Yeah! I love sci-fi. My favourites are Asimov, Clarke , O.S. Card, Bear, Silverberg and recently Dan Simmons (Hyperions are SO great).

Then look here: http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=522.0   It´s about fantasy - so sci-fi is o.k. ;)
Music of the future will not entertain
it´s only ment to repress and neutralise your brain

maddox

*bumb*

New album announcement, release date somewhere in December and it's going to be huge!

Quote from: Sylvan-newsAfter an intensive period of work during a few months on our new songs, the time has come to take you on the journey with us. A journey which began for us with a first jam session about one year ago and which will end at the end of this year: with the release of our 8th studio album!

The baby doesn't have a name yet, but  quite a big size - our new work will contain two audio CDs and will be divided into five chapters. But we won't tell you more at this point of time.

Matthias, Sebastian, Jan, Volker und Marco

So, a double album, divided into 5 chapters.

I think 'concept-album'.

Anyone?  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2011-07-26, 20:41:37
*bumb*

New album announcement, release date somewhere in December and it's going to be huge!

So, a double album, divided into 5 chapters.

I think 'concept-album'.

Anyone?  *horns*

Must be.

Teunis

It's finally done: the newest SYLVAN album SCENERIES is finished. As you probably know, SCENERIES is divided into five long chapters. Here are the final names and
durations of these tracks:

Chapter 1: 'The Fountain of Glow' (14:50)
Chapter 2: 'Share the World with Me' (15:05)
Chapter 3: 'The Words You Hide' (20:10)
Chapter 4: 'The Waters I Traveled' (20:00)
Chapter 5: 'Farewell to Old Friends' (20:33)

To increase the anticipation for the release of the new CD, the band will provide you an excerpt of each chapter until the concert in december. They start today with 2:40 minutes of "The Waters I Traveled":

You can see/hear it on their website:

http://www.sylvan.de/sylvan_web/news_e.html

Promising indeed. I love the music of the band and the singer when he sings 'normally', but sometimes the singer is inclined to scream, don't like those parts.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

One word springs to mind: Epic!!!  *horns*

Just the way I like it.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Somehow I stopped listening to SYLVAN two years ago or so..., lost interest. Too much whine, after all.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2011-12-03, 14:54:42
To increase the anticipation for the release of the new CD, the band will provide you an excerpt of each chapter until the concert in december. They start today with 2:40 minutes of "The Waters I Traveled":

You can see/hear it on their website:

http://www.sylvan.de/sylvan_web/news_e.html

Now you can hear samples of each chapter. Sounding  8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)