News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Porcupine Tree - new album: The Incident

Started by PH, Wed, 2009-06-17, 07:21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

"Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as "a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that 'after this, things will never be the same again'."

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards."

- porcupinetree.com

A bit old news, but I haven't read it yet. I'm looking forward to this! ;)

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

I'm now listening to the sample and it sounds very good! :)

The Butterfly Man

Here's a track-by-track review of the new PT-album 'The Incident' by Metal Hammer. I could handle the wait for the album quite easily but after I read this the anticipation started to grow immensely...

Check it out here: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/uncategorized/porcupine-tree-%E2%80%98the-incident%E2%80%99-track-by-track-album-preview/

'Only' 2 weeks left to wait! *horns*

Tom

The Butterfly Man

So...I take it there's no interest for PT's new album in The Room? ???

Tom

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-09-07, 11:44:39

Tom

Tom,

I am waiting patiently for "The Incident" to occur. After having only discovered PT a few years back (on release of FoaBP) they have becme my favourite band after Arena.

Have had the CD on pre-order for a while now and am off to see them at Hammersmith in October. Apparently this gig is a sell-out, who'd have thought a band that has been pretty-well unknown outside of prog circles could sell out such a venue these days.

Andy

ps there is a round-table review on the DPRP website :- http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200942.php

Iggy

Quote from: Crazy Diamond on Mon, 2009-09-07, 13:57:08
Tom,

I am waiting patiently for "The Incident" to occur. After having only discovered PT a few years back (on release of FoaBP) they have becme my favourite band after Arena.

Have had the CD on pre-order for a while now and am off to see them at Hammersmith in October. Apparently this gig is a sell-out, who'd have thought a band that has been pretty-well unknown outside of prog circles could sell out such a venue these days.

Andy

ps there is a round-table review on the DPRP website :- http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200942.php

I'm waiting too, although I don't have a ticket for Hammersmith. I will probably bite the bullett and go on the night and see if I can find one to buy for a reasonable price.

bellanova

I too have the new album on order and am seeing them at Hammersmith. PT are my 2nd favourite band after Arena and i cant wait to see them again. It will be my 4th time.

PH

;D

Sometimes you remind me of Nicky. ;)

Hey, I'm really looking forward to this, people! PT are my favourite band next to Arena. ;D

erik

Tom
Quite the contrary, Tom, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of this album and based on what I've read about it so far it's likely to end up high in my best of 2009 list!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

What all of the impatient people said.  ;)

Here's another question:

Who ordered the super-deluxe release?  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-09-07, 14:42:48

Yup, Mad got good taste too  *horns*

:P

Got The Incident (high up) on my SL now.

Thanks, Paxi.

Interesting that PT followed Opeth and DT and changed over to Roadrunner  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Well it's not out yet, so there isn't much to say.  Other than I've ordered a copy, of course, and I'm so excited I've had to get changed ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Tom

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-09-07, 14:42:48
;D

In this instance, I have to agree.  Of course there's interest in the new PT album.  They seem to be one of the few bands that pretty much all of us agree upon other than our resident (if absent) heroes.   I will buy it.  I expect I'll like it very very very much.  Steven Wilson is a freakin visionary.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

The Butterfly Man

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-09-08, 13:03:51
What an insult! :o

Sh*, I got the names confused again  >:(

But you got good taste too, Tom  :)   (except I like you better when you'r in progmetal mode )  ;D

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-09-08, 10:23:25
They seem to be one of the few bands that pretty much all of us agree upon other than our resident (if absent) heroes.

Right, Greenie.

Probably Genesis and Kino too  *horns*

And Floyd  ???

But that seems to be it. E.g. H-Marillion, IQ, and Frost* don't do much for me  :-\

Steven Wilson is a freakin visionary.

*horns*

+ his bandmates are fabulous too  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-09-08, 15:30:42
I like you better when you'r in progmetal mode  ;D

Then it's your lucky day, 'cause today I feel very metallic! *horns* *horns* *horns*

:D

Tom

Nicky007

Great, Tommy-boy. So let's do SW together  ;)

And in fact I'm heading for Fear Of A Blank Planet later on today, a slow but very steady grower  *horns*

Wanna join me with that too ?  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-09-08, 15:40:20
Great, Tommy-boy. So let's do SW together  ;)

And in fact I'm heading for Fear Of A Blank Planet later on today, a slow but very steady grower  *horns*

Wanna join me with that too ?  :)

If you can use some company than I'm willing to do that. :P I'm not really in a Seventh Wonder-mood but I'm going to play FOABP in my car in about half an hour time! Good idea! 8)

Tom

Steve Jones

Yay! Had an e-mail to say 'The Incident' has despatched *horns*

Too much to hope it'll turn up tomorrow - probably Monday at the earliest :(
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-09-11, 21:24:28
Yay! Had an e-mail to say 'The Incident' has despatched *horns*

Too much to hope it'll turn up tomorrow - probably Monday at the earliest :(

So did I but I am hoping it turns up tomorrow. It may be one of the few advantages of living in London (the other being the gigs).

The Butterfly Man

I bought the album last friday and during the weekend I listened to it a few times. After these first few listens I already came
to the conclusion that I simply adore this album. It contains everything that I love in PT: Heavy passages, calmer moments, some acoustic guitar and amazing vocal harmonies. *horns*

Now I'm off to listen to it again!

Tom

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sun, 2009-09-13, 18:15:34
I bought the album last friday and during the weekend I listened to it a few times. After these first few listens I already came
to the conclusion that I simply adore this album. It contains everything that I love in PT: Heavy passages, calmer moments, some acoustic guitar and amazing vocal harmonies. *horns*

Now I'm off to listen to it again!

Tom

Excellent news. I will need to wait until tomorrow night (hopefully) to listen to it.

Hope you are enjoying your new home.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-09-13, 22:29:34
Excellent news. I will need to wait until tomorrow night (hopefully) to listen to it.

And what do you think of it now that you finally had the chance to listen to the album?

Hope you are enjoying your new home.

Yes I am, thanks! Really appreciate it! :)

Tom

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-09-15, 08:13:23
And what do you think of it now that you finally had the chance to listen to the album?

Tom

I like it but at the moment some of it seems a bit patchy. It is definitely going to be a grower.