News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Song title game

Started by Steve Jones, Thu, 2008-08-28, 12:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 11:20:33
Jig of Life - Kate 'not for sale' Bush

How about a short-term lease?

Semi-on-topic: I'm a tad depressed because the album by the goons from Vegas seems to be better than the one from the previously godlike silly boys from Athens, Georgia.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Manatee

Life and How to Live It - R.E.M.

Bupie

About IQ

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-01, 21:00:06
There's certainly a lot to like about the recent albums.  I particularly like 'Born Brilliant' on that one  -- melodic, yet snide -- just the way I like it.   After years of not hearing much prog, I was delighted to discover that they had returned to their old form (the usual apologies to Bupie who's a Menel-era fan).

Don't apologize, I can live with that, even if I am the only one  ;)  But I am still amazed that anyone may dislike a song like War Heroes, for instance  :'(

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 11:26:08
How about a short-term lease?

No chance.  And I shall personally search Air Force One to make sure you're up to nothing sneaky ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Bupie

About Kayleigh

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-04-02, 09:20:20
I've come to the point in my life where I actually don't like it when I hear that song on the radio... ;D

:'( :'( :'(

Bupie

Still about Kayleigh

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-04-02, 09:47:33
Well, I'd rather listen to a straight ahead good written popsong instead of prog-gone-astray.

:'( :'( :'(  Forgive them, Lord, they don't know what they are saying ...

Bupie

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 10:11:28
I love Kayleigh and the way it sits on the album.

God, a believer, all hope is not gone  ;D

Still Life - IQ  ;D ;D

Edit : Sorry, I would have loved to regroup all my above posts in one but that unfortunately exceeds my abilities  :(

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2009-04-02, 11:37:56
Don't apologize, I can live with that, even I am the only one  ;) But I am still amazed that anyone may dislike a song like War Heroes, for instance  :'(

I don't necessarily dislike the Menel albums, I just don't love them as much as the others.  And it was more of a nod to you and acknowledgment that opinions differ than a real "I'm sorry" (sort of an idiomatic thing).

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 11:38:42
No chance.  And I shall personally search Air Force One to make sure you're up to nothing sneaky ;)

But we have a world-friendly ethnically diverse president who couldn't possibly do something underhanded now!

And since three (!) posts regarding the Kayleigh issue came up while I typed this:

It's not that it's such a bad song, it's just that I (and probably some of the others) expected something more proggy and unique from that band.

Steve Jones

Still Life in Mobile Homes - Japan
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 11:46:31
And since three (!) posts regarding the Kayleigh issue came up while I typed this:

It was just a technical issue. No rhetorical purpose intented ...

Thin Lizzy - Still In Love With You   :P Too late for this one, so :

War Inside My Head - Dream Theater

Steve Jones

Head Games - Foreigner
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Electric Head: The Agony - White Zombie

Steve Jones

Suedehead - Morrissey
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Electric Head: The Ecstasy - White Zombie   :P

Steve Jones

My Baby Is A Headf*ck - The Wildhearts
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

The Babysong - Devin Townsend Band

Steve, in the unlikely event that you don't already own everything this whacko ever recorded, you really ought to remedy that.   *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 12:50:53
Steve, in the unlikely event that you don't already own everything this whacko ever recorded, you really ought to remedy that.   *horns*

I must confess I've got nothing at all! :-[

Baby Rock Me - Magnum
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 12:52:40
I must confess I've got nothing at all! :-[

Gadzooks!  I can't imagine you not liking him.  He's both a brilliant musician and a very silly boy.

And the Cradle Will Rock ... - Van Halen

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 12:57:16
Gadzooks!  I can't imagine you not liking him.  He's both a brilliant musician and a very silly boy.

Unfortunately, in the race to own everything interesting I find myself slipping further and further behind. :(

Out Of The Cradle (But Still Rockin') - John Miles
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

And The Cradle Will Rock [ Van Halen ]  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Sitting Still - R.E.M.

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 12:58:53
Unfortunately, in the race to own everything interesting I find myself slipping further and further behind. :(

Regrettable, but understandable.  I do highly recommend him (as if I hadn't made that obvious for the past month).  I'm currently awaiting delivery of his most recent solo effort, which is a concept album about a 4th dimensional being who is able to manipulate space and time but only if fueled by black coffee.  No, his other albums aren't *that* strange, but they're still decidedly unusual.  In a good way.

P.S.  I'm going to disregard Mad's current contribution because it's the one I did just before your last one.  We still love him though.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 13:14:18
P.S.  I'm going to disregard Mad's current contribution because it's the one I did just before your last one.  We still love him though.

Lucky for him you're one of the 14 Americans without a trunk full of weapons of mass destruction ;)

Sitting Targets - Peter Hammill
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 13:14:18

Again???  :o

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :

maddox

Now, lets see if this one has been entered yet  ::):

Moving Targets [ Uncle Fish ]